PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal top English rich list

nick_anarchy
25-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Fair play ... but lets face it for the price they charge on tickets haha some cost 92 ****in quid !!!
overall turn over tho was better then UTD's and this has been worked out the season UTD were knocked out in the group stage of the CL and Arsenal made the final ....

Utd 2nd
Chelsea 3rd
Liverpol 4th

im sure once this season is over arsenal wt be top of the rich list

Real Madrid still top the world's list .....

Will
25-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Eh? The money the Emirates is making will more than make up for the CL money! Surely it was from last season, anyway though, Arsenal made over £200m in turnover in the last financial year which puts us just behind Real Madrid...

nick_anarchy
25-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Eh? The money the Emirates is making will more than make up for the CL money! Surely it was from last season, anyway though, Arsenal made over £200m in turnover in the last financial year which puts us just behind Real Madrid...

its always a year behind ...

but the move has done you the world of good and to also have 70 odd k in the bank to spend on players if needed too do you realy need to be taken over ? by the looks of things NO seem to be doin what all english clubs should be doin and not selling out ! just think if you have a good season and say win the prem or the CL what that will do to your turnover !!! same goes for liverpool and utd , Utd for so long have stood top of the rich list in english football and also been top or 2nd in the world's few bad seasons and we have slipped 2nd in england , and i think its 4th or smethin ( cant remember ) in the world's rich rankin i put one reason due to selling to them yank cunts !! im sure if we put our ticket prices up to london clubs prices we would make a killin ! but why rip ppl off , ppl get ripped off enough with ticket prices in football ....

Insomnia
25-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Aye 70 million for transfer funds is sound like...

The thing is will Wenger use any of it....

If he does i'd say grab a decent keeper and a centre back in the January window...

Seem to be covered in other areas for now....

Numeric
25-09-2007, 07:30 PM
be interesting to see who Wenger brings in, if anyone, he's never been known to splurge for the sake of it...

phantomdj
25-09-2007, 10:01 PM
it's all good news for arsenal....

liverpool's new stadium will also lift them up as well..

Numeric
26-09-2007, 09:36 AM
aye it does seem to be all rosey for Arsenal at the moment...

here's hopin they pick up a few injuries and start to struggle :;

nick_anarchy
26-09-2007, 05:03 PM
wenger always seems to pull off good singings when needed and im sure if need be he will do the same again ... after all he has been the 2nd best manager the prem has had

Richierush
26-09-2007, 10:06 PM
cant see him bringin anyone in,he didnt bring anyone one when we thought he needed to,an now he's doin well will he want to

Eddowion
26-09-2007, 11:00 PM
aye it does seem to be all rosey for Arsenal at the moment...

here's hopin they pick up a few injuries and start to struggle :;
that's not a very nice thing to say.
still........Coventry paid you back.

Numeric
27-09-2007, 09:18 AM
you can have the Carling Cup mate, small fry :;

phantomdj
27-09-2007, 12:08 PM
you can have the Carling Cup mate, small fry :;

a cup is a cup.... it's never a small cup when you win it and to call it that is disrecpecting teh fans who go to watch it and pay those sums of money just so those footballers can have a fancy lifestyle and such

Numeric
27-09-2007, 12:14 PM
out of the four comps that United are/were involved in, the Carling Cup is the one fans are least bothered about losing...

but yeah, no disrespect to the competition...

Will
27-09-2007, 05:04 PM
its always a year behind ...

but the move has done you the world of good and to also have 70 odd k in the bank to spend on players if needed too do you realy need to be taken over ? by the looks of things NO seem to be doin what all english clubs should be doin and not selling out ! just think if you have a good season and say win the prem or the CL what that will do to your turnover !!! same goes for liverpool and utd , Utd for so long have stood top of the rich list in english football and also been top or 2nd in the world's few bad seasons and we have slipped 2nd in england , and i think its 4th or smethin ( cant remember ) in the world's rich rankin i put one reason due to selling to them yank cunts !! im sure if we put our ticket prices up to london clubs prices we would make a killin ! but why rip ppl off , ppl get ripped off enough with ticket prices in football ....

The rich list might be, but I'm sure the £200m financial results were up 'til May just gone (2007)... I wouldn't have thought we'd have been the richest in May 2006.

Would Man U fans pay 'London' ticket prices though? I mean look at Chelsea... And everything's more expensive in London.

Richierush
28-09-2007, 11:58 PM
out of the four comps that United are/were involved in, the Carling Cup is the one fans are least bothered about losing...

but yeah, no disrespect to the competition...

if united were out of title race an fa.cup an CL they'd want to win carlin so it does matter

Numeric
29-09-2007, 11:19 AM
yeah but Untied are still the title race and Champions League and FA Cup so it doesn't matter :briggin: :;

Richierush
29-09-2007, 11:39 AM
an when ur out of all them ud have wished ud have put a stronger team in carlin cup :laughing:

nick_anarchy
29-09-2007, 11:40 AM
if united were out of title race an fa.cup an CL they'd want to win carlin so it does matter

this goes round every season and its always pin pointed towards UTD knowing they always put such weak side's out and then you all slate and say "if this" "if that" pfft its been goin on for ****in years !! Utd got punished many years ago for doin this and i think it will happen again i dont agree with it i think we shuld put a team who can win the cup the objective should be to win every cup you enter but fergie likes to use his kids and players who wont make it in to the 1st team squad for this cup

it will happen next season and again and again FACT !!

so get over it !

nick_anarchy
29-09-2007, 11:41 AM
an when ur out of all them ud have wished ud have put a stronger team in carlin cup :laughing:

haha god i heard this same bullshit last season

Numeric
29-09-2007, 11:46 AM
i think Sir Alex thought that he needed them particular youngsters that started against Coventry to get games as they were on loan last season and haven't been playing reserve team football this season thus far, he placed some faith in them to put in a good performance but they failed to gel and were beaten...

apparently most them are going back out on loan...

nick_anarchy
29-09-2007, 11:52 AM
i think Sir Alex thought that he needed them particular youngsters that started against Coventry to get games as they were on loan last season and haven't been playing reserve team football this season thus far, he placed some faith in them to put in a good performance but they failed to gel and were beaten...

apparently most them are going back out on loan...
well they should be made perm by the clubs takin them on loan !!

over rated kids simple as !

Numeric
29-09-2007, 01:45 PM
i don't think it's fair to judge them on the performance against Coventry, as a whole that team had never played together, it's askin a lot of them to perform on the big stage when they haven't had the opportunity to gel as a unit...

nick_anarchy
29-09-2007, 02:00 PM
most of them play in the reservs every week and also train togeather every day so they should know how each one plays , the likes of martin he played a lot last pre season and was a instant hit just dont seem to progressed at all , dong dont seem to be takin the step up , cambell is a bit young or is he ? some players these days pop up in the 1st team quite young ...nani has played a few games already but he aint my cup of tea , anderson is a quality player i know it was his 1st game for utd after injurys etc .. even the back 4 bardsley hes played a few times in the 1st team last season and season b4 they have to step it up and make it count where its needed , the fact is thay aint good euff for such a club as utd in my book

Numeric
29-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Nani's done alright when he's featured for the first team this season, Anderson hasn't had a proper chance to shine as of yet, but yeah the others don't seem to be progressing much, although it would be nice to see them alongside first team players rather than a whole team of reserves...

United haven't been in a position in any of the Premiership fixtures they've played thus far to give one of the young players a run out when the points are secure towards the end of a game, as we've struggled so badly to get results...

278d7e64a374de26f==