PDA

View Full Version : Help with Acid!

djwired
25-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi peeps i'm hoping someone can help me. Basically i have made an acid sound using Audio Realism Bassline for a track i'm working on but @ the beginning of each note you can hear the actual Bass note which i dont want. I just want the Acid sound. Does anybody use that plug in to make their Acid sounds? How can i get rid of the Bass note sound & just keep the Acid? If not what do you peeps use? Help needed please...Here is the sound...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6xew5f

christian wagner
25-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Thats part of the acid sound mate, if it wasnt tyhere, it wouldnt sound right, it sounds ok to me :)

RDR
25-09-2007, 05:59 PM
At the risk of sounding obvious use EQ.

christian wagner
25-09-2007, 07:26 PM
But EQ would effect the acid part he wants, thats not gonna do owt.

RDR
25-09-2007, 11:51 PM
But EQ would effect the acid part he wants, thats not gonna do owt.

errrm he's talking about the bass note isnt he?

tonyc2002
26-09-2007, 12:12 AM
yep..roll of the lows

christian wagner
26-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Rolling off the lows would still effect the overall sound due to the nature of the Acid sound ;)

But - if thats what your after - go for it!

Kendall Station
22-10-2007, 09:35 AM
lol, fun topic. yeah if you don't want the bass just eq it out on the channer. That being said, however, you will have your squelchy squelch but there will be a little voice inside you saying something is horribly wrong.

neilried
23-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Cant you use some sort of enveloper plugin (like the one built into Logic) and wind up the attack on it to remove the first part (if thats what you mean?)

N

rhythmtech
23-10-2007, 02:24 PM
just side chain compress it to a kick drum playing the same pattern structure as the 303.

route the kick to a group channel and mute the group (or if using tc native use the sidechainer)

put a short attack and a short release on the compressor and it should just mute the very start of the note.

dirty_bass
23-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Use EQ as the last part of the effects chain for that instrument and subtractively remove the specific problem frequencies.

rhythmtech
23-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Use EQ as the last part of the effects chain for that instrument and subtractively remove the specific problem frequencies.

but its not frequencies that he wants to remove is it? just the attack on the note. if he removes frequencies thru eq he'll lose the sound he's after... or something :whoops:

christian wagner
23-10-2007, 09:23 PM
AS i said before - its part of the acid sound, it wouldnt sound right without it i dont think.

Try a gate as someone said before, might make a nice effect

Kendall Station
25-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I have not played too much with audio realism, but I hear it is a pretty damn good emulator. if that's the case, part of you "too much bass" problem might be that you have the resonance turned too far down. on the original machine, it is a lot louder and bassier with the rez down unless you have some compression on it (a la hardfloor). without the compression it can be a bit overpwering.

that being said, when using it I usually just EQ the low-end down in square-wave mode, and leave it as is in triangle mode.

werd it....mike

Dave Elyzium
25-10-2007, 12:40 PM
transpose it 8 octaves

no bass in the place

278d7e64a374de26f==