PDA

View Full Version : The Techno Experiment - November 24th - Billy Nasty & Ben Long

Mucky Beats
26-09-2007, 11:20 AM
http://a395.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/123/l_fea254f407a91d9caa9c96c59a3fe07a.jpg

The Techno Experiment

Saturday 24th November 2007

@ Jabez Clegg,
Portsmouth Street
Manchester, M13 9GB

9pm - 3am
£10 Members / NUS £12 Others

The 24th November sees The Techno Experiment wade out even further into un-chartered waters with this historic showcase of new versus even newer - A chance to witness some of the most legendary artists the world has to offer alongside the most important fresh new talent from the UK. If you thought you'd heard it all, you haven't heard anything yet. Tonight we delve deepinto the world of innovation and discovery, presenting you with the futureof our musical movement. A fresh mish-mash of rhythm and sound for your frontal cortex. Grab your bags ladies; it doesn't come much fresher than this

Main Room...

BILLY NASTY & BEN LONG (8 Decks and 2 Mixers)

Consistently polling high in the DJ Magazine Top 100, Billy Nasty is one ofthe most important driving forces in the seat of UK techno. His labels Tortured and Electrix are indeed legendary, but his recent focus towards frontline DJing and production has lead to explosive results throughout Europe in 2007. It's time for the more open minded DJ's of my generation to evolve, he insists. And for that reason, we've put him head-to-head with Ben Long, one half of the legendary outfit The Space DJz. As regular Experimenters will know, Ben is a wizard when it comes to insane deck manipulation. Grand-slam techno with needles everywhere. This will be furious.

RIBBZ & ORIEL (The Techno Experiment)

Ribbz is a club favourite with his uncompromising style of funk-driven electronics, which aims squarely for the centre of the floor. An undergroundlegend who takes great delight in converting people into the sound, he knowsexactly what to drop and when to drop it. As tonight focuses on fresh music,we place him back-to-back with co-founder of The Techno Experiment, Manchester's rising female superstar, Oriel. With such a wide range oftastes, Oriel's track selection is nothing short of breath-taking. Make sure you don't miss this.

DISTEK & MUCKY BEATS (Fat Collective / The Techno Experiment)

Distek and Mucky Beats and two of the most important driving forces in thenew Northern techno movement. Alongside other members of the FAT Collective,they are fast becoming the ones to watch in 2007. After almost eight years of studio hibernation Distek now releases on some the finest techno labels the UK has to offer including the incredible Unknown Forces imprint. He's now taking his Live PA all over the world. Mucky has emerged from the rave scene and as well as promoting some of the most underground nights in the north, is a co-founder of the Kick The Drum Recording label and has releasedmusic with artists such as Alex Calver. The key here will be the future and forward thinking.

SIEGE & KITSON (North / U-Like)

BEN WOLLARD (Mapt)

Alternative Room...

BILLY NASTY (Electro)

A night of experimentation would not be complete without an electro set from Billy Nasty, so tonight we're giving you exactly that. Billy's sophisticated recent single with Gregor Tresher, 'The Mad Real World', was Electro Single of the Month in Mixmag, referred to as the future of electro.

ONLY (Live)

Only is an exciting new UK producer. One of his first tracks Flank appeared as Demo of the Month on Ben Sims and Chris Finke Split RadioShow. He has also released on Locked records.

DARKON SYSTEMIC & D JACQUES (Exclusive Live P.A.)

COMPUTER CONTROLLED DJ & TIPTOE (Sequence/ The Techno Experiment)

TRIBAL TACTICS & DJ MAZE (Techfest)

SHIT STEP (Trauma)

kittykorrupt
27-09-2007, 02:42 PM
cant wait to play with Ribbz :-)

Numeric
27-09-2007, 02:49 PM
dope flyer design...

Mucky Beats
27-09-2007, 03:05 PM
dope flyer design...nice one mate...deffo the best flyer to date i think.... hope you can make it down to this

DVNT
27-09-2007, 04:06 PM
8 Decks and 2 people?

4 each? ****ing hell.

Mucky Beats
30-09-2007, 12:05 PM
8 Decks and 2 people?

4 each? ****ing hell.

yeh hahaha....is gunna be crazy, ben and billy have mixer each and 4 decks, check out video below of mark and ben doing the same set up at our first event..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-2IUhARj_c

Mucky Beats
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
also check out this video from the last event in september....its last tune of the night from paul mac its quite dark but ya can hear how much the crowd enjoyed it.....

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19615281

Mucky Beats
15-10-2007, 11:50 AM
remember if you aint a member yet and want entry to pm me ur name and adress

Mucky Beats
16-10-2007, 05:25 PM
billy nasty and ben long are on for 2 hrs carnt wait for that

Siege
16-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Yup, well looking forward to this.

Mucky Beats
17-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Yup, well looking forward to this.

yeh is gunna be good seeing you in main room mate

weekender_veteran
22-10-2007, 04:04 PM
i'm properly excited about this night (as i always am for the techno experiments) :)
looking forward to seeing the new venue too.

are the nights finishing earlier now then they did at the zoo? i'm sure they didnt finish till 5, but i could be mistaken.
see you all on the 24th! :cheese:

The Overfiend
23-10-2007, 11:21 PM
This looks like a supersexy event!

Mucky Beats
26-10-2007, 10:47 AM
This looks like a supersexy event!

nice one , will be for sure ...pounders!

Mucky Beats
26-10-2007, 12:06 PM
you can get buses from wales and leeds just pm me if anyone wants to get on

weekender_veteran
30-10-2007, 06:09 AM
I'm starting to feel properly excited now.
less then a month to go :cheese:

i used to think that the tekno experiments were not regular enough, sould be every month or so.
then i reconsiderd.
basically, im wrecked, but alls i wanna say is, im glad techno experiment is only every few months.
gives me time to miss it.
also, gives me time to look forward to it.

i hope im here for techno experiments 10th birthday :cheese:

Mucky Beats
31-10-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm starting to feel properly excited now.
less then a month to go :cheese:

i used to think that the tekno experiments were not regular enough, sould be every month or so.
then i reconsiderd.
basically, im wrecked, but alls i wanna say is, im glad techno experiment is only every few months.
gives me time to miss it.
also, gives me time to look forward to it.

i hope im here for techno experiments 10th birthday :cheese:

wicked nice one dude!!!!! good ya see the method in our madness on the dates thing is better to build up to them we feel.see you there mate

Mucky Beats
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
not long now folks

Tiptoe
01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
anybody wanting to hop on the spazy bus from leeds pm me cos spaces are filling up fast.

Mucky Beats
02-11-2007, 11:04 AM
also if anyone wants bus from wales pm me

Mucky Beats
04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
thanks everyone for your membership requestes we are going to be mailing them out this week. if anyone still wants one pm me asap... remember you can get into this event for £10 with members card.

Mucky Beats
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
mixes from the september event are going online this week....check out the techno filez section

Siege
10-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Not long now....getting itchy fingers for this one..cant wait!

Mucky Beats
13-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Not long now....getting itchy fingers for this one..cant wait!

same hear gunna be good one for sure !

kittykorrupt
14-11-2007, 02:07 PM
yeah really looking forward to seeing Only play :-)

Mucky Beats
17-11-2007, 04:12 PM
yeah really looking forward to seeing Only play :-)

too right ! reckon he will rock it

Mucky Beats
18-11-2007, 04:18 PM
The Techno Experiment

Pre Party

Sat Nov 24th

@ The Scu Bar , 136 York Street, Manchester, M1 7XN

5pm till 9pm

Focus & Rossco (T.B.C.)
Fenty
Rob H
Huze

What better way to start your night out of techno in manchester then this!

See you there !

fatcollective
22-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Bring on the MADchester techno madness!! only a few days to go!!! :ruevil:

Siege
22-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Il second that!

Mucky Beats
23-11-2007, 06:15 PM
CHECK OUT PAGE 66 IS DJ MAG....

TOP NIGHT IN THE NORTH !!

24/11

THE TECHNO EXPERIMENT

JABEZ CLEGG ,
PORTHSMOUTH ST,
MANCHESTER

Burning the techno torch for manchester, The Techno Experiment continue to push the envelope. Billy Nasty and Beng Long battle it out on eight decks and two mixers with Mr Nasty then heading into the alternative room to drop a wicked electro (as in proper electro rather than the high streest mutations) set.

9pm - 3am £12/£10
www.myspace.com/thetechnoexperiment

Siege
24-11-2007, 12:32 PM
See yas down there ;)

Technobitch
24-11-2007, 06:45 PM
looks like ill be seeing you all tonight then boys and girls :xcool:

Mucky Beats
25-11-2007, 11:10 AM
What a banging night!

p_brane
25-11-2007, 11:55 AM
What a banging night!

i bet it was, still not managed to get down to it yet. always seem to be flat broke at the end of the month.

look forward to you uploading some sets from this one. How was Only?

Mucky Beats
26-11-2007, 12:56 PM
i bet it was, still not managed to get down to it yet. always seem to be flat broke at the end of the month.

look forward to you uploading some sets from this one. How was Only?

only was really good didnt record it tho ...

will be uploading a few sets from the night over nxt few days deffo...

from all accounts it was one of the best yet , i thought billy nasty and ben long where class and had the place going nuts !

278d7e64a374de26f==