PDA

View Full Version : Schranz loops.

DannyBlack
26-09-2007, 02:33 PM
i know a lot of people dont like schranz, but i really need help creating mucky schranz loops. i bloody clueless.

any advice pointers or whatever would be great.

thanx guys.

BloodStar
26-09-2007, 02:43 PM
whatever compressed to hell will work, imo :) and dont forget to add distortion. lot of distortion.

DannyBlack
26-09-2007, 03:09 PM
im getting the compression thing down now, i dont wanna over compress because it just sounds crap.

i just need to put more in my loop, im messing with kicks, but i just cant get it together....

AGH!

dirty_bass
26-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Take any collection of sounds and or loops.
Bit crush/fuzz/distort/ringmod and sidechain to kick.
Have a clean kick for punch, some less distorted hats.
Voila, instant schranze.
Shouldn`t take more than 1hour start to finish

stjohn
26-09-2007, 03:45 PM

:cheese:

DannyBlack
26-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Take any collection of sounds and or loops.
Bit crush/fuzz/distort/ringmod and sidechain to kick.
Have a clean kick for punch, some less distorted hats.
Voila, instant schranze.

cheers boyo! and the sly dig is duley noted :laughing:

but im not trying to make that mass churned out bollox thats so prevelent at the moment, trying to make something a little different....

so far to no avail.

dirty_bass
26-09-2007, 04:21 PM
It`s not a dig, just a plain fact.
You don`t have a huge amount of room to play around within the compressed and distorted environment of schranze

DannyBlack
26-09-2007, 07:38 PM
ah right, im trying to go about it in a more dare i say 'artistic' way. it is well and truley doing my twat in.

dirty_bass
26-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Well the problem with schranze is that you are immediately trapped into the oompah hard house rythm, it`s the nature of schranze. So your options are really closed down musically, rythmically, experimentally.
However, if you are just making hard, uptempo techno, you have many more options

judas_beast
26-09-2007, 11:42 PM
When did it get an E on the end?!

DannyBlack
27-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Well the problem with schranze is that you are immediately trapped into the oompah hard house rythm, it`s the nature of schranze. So your options are really closed down musically, rythmically, experimentally.
However, if you are just making hard, uptempo techno, you have many more options

i think where im falling down is immediately thinking of my kicks and how to distort them right from the get go. re think time.

cheers for the perspective chaps.

dirty_bass
27-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Why distort the kicks.
Most good schranzzzeeeyykkk has a distorted low end loop, with a clean but heavy kick subtley mixed over for punch.
Try doing that.

judas_beast
27-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah IMO schranz has fairly clean kicks, with a quite a lot of top end wack, it needs a sharp, ''thwacky'' attack to it to cut through the crunchy shit going on else where.

I love using emotive terms to describe music, it's so ****ing impossible to accurately say what you mean!

DannyBlack
27-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Most good schranzzzeeeyykkk has a distorted low end loop, with a clean but heavy kick subtley mixed over for punch.
Try doing that.

will do cheers dude!

I love using emotive terms to describe music, it's so ****ing impossible to accurately say what you mean!

:laughing: i get ya man, same here!!

ritaheed
11-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Trying to get that typical schranz driving sound......ye know the off beat (were the high hat would be) type extended shaker sound or extended open hi hat type sound.....hope ye get what im trying to explain....

its totally typical with every schranz track going.....

in drumazon a put the snare sound on the ofbeet possition (were hi hat would be) a put the "tone" and "snappy" up full and took the "tune depth" and "decay" fully off and tht kinda got me the sound a was looking for but it needs to be much smoother and nicer.....

any takers on this .......

cheers

ritaheed
16-03-2008, 01:35 PM
come on guys help us oot - its prob simple as fcuk but am not totally sure - a know most of yous would rather ride yer granny than dj/produce/listen to schranz but any help would be appreciated!! :D

Barely Human
16-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Ive found with schranz it tends to have a boost on the low end harmonics of the kick and bass. Get your kick and bass going, then take an EQ and put a high pass with a load of resonance on it and sweep the low end of the kick. You should find a sweet spot. Tweak the resonance down to a resonable level until you still have the roll, but without taking over the whole mix.

DannyBlack
16-03-2008, 04:16 PM
cheers guys! i forgot about this thread! from what i have listened to and what you guys have told me, it is all about what is happening after the initial kick. its interesting what you can do.

ritaheed
16-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Ive found with schranz it tends to have a boost on the low end harmonics of the kick and bass. Get your kick and bass going, then take an EQ and put a high pass with a load of resonance on it and sweep the low end of the kick. You should find a sweet spot. Tweak the resonance down to a resonable level until you still have the roll, but without taking over the whole mix.

cheers man - so is this for the rolling "whooshing/shaking" sound aye??

Barely Human
16-03-2008, 08:56 PM
cheers man - so is this for the rolling "whooshing/shaking" sound aye??

If you mean the rolling, thundering bottom end then it is a way of achieving it. Make sure you layer another kick in though without the high pass so you still have sub bass on the kick.

djfilthmonger
17-03-2008, 11:25 AM
stay away from compression and distortion,
imo can spoil the track,
I would work on layering the drum loops up and up. the levels of the drum samples are important . . .
Im only learning myself, this what i have learned,
Have you tried to make that clanky schranz like kaos and s ewe

ritaheed
17-03-2008, 11:01 PM
If you mean the rolling, thundering bottom end then it is a way of achieving it. Make sure you layer another kick in though without the high pass so you still have sub bass on the kick.

nah mate am not talking about the kickdrum or the bottom end of the track (but thanks for explaining that tho :D) .....am talking about the "shaker" type sound thts on the off beat part that follows on from each kick drum.....its the kinda driving sound of schranz - .....its in every schranz track going

the best example tht a could find

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/240229-01.htm&highlight=seema

the first seema tune - ye know the "swooshing" sound which is were the high hat would be......hope tht helps

ritaheed
17-03-2008, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=
Have you tried to make that clanky schranz like kaos and s ewe[/QUOTE]

aye mate im into tht clanky/jakd up type shit - if ye like them check out davoodi - swagger jacker - n stuff by marco remus n mahatma etc - aww banging

Barely Human
18-03-2008, 12:05 AM
nah mate am not talking about the kickdrum or the bottom end of the track (but thanks for explaining that tho :D) .....am talking about the "shaker" type sound thts on the off beat part that follows on from each kick drum.....its the kinda driving sound of schranz - .....its in every schranz track going

the best example tht a could find

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/240229-01.htm&highlight=seema

the first seema tune - ye know the "swooshing" sound which is were the high hat would be......hope tht helps

Sounds like distorted hats and cymbals sidechained to the kick to make it pump.

ritaheed
18-03-2008, 06:38 AM
aye a kinda grasp wot yer saying - now a need to figure out how to sidechain stuff now......sure theres a thread on it here - il check it out

thanks mate!!!

loopdon
18-03-2008, 04:35 PM
aye mate im into tht clanky/jakd up type shit - if ye like them check out davoodi - swagger jacker - n stuff by marco remus n mahatma etc - aww banging

I love the older mahatma/remus (nerven rec.) in general stuff. Shuffle/swing plays a role here.

ritaheed
19-03-2008, 12:32 PM
aye would luv to see mahatma live

Milesy
16-01-2009, 02:04 PM
old thread I know... but add some shakers and white noise into the mix..... It can sound good to send all your drums to a drum buss, and send all the drums to another buss with some bit crushing and compression happening. EQ to taste. Then you want to mix the compressed/crushed into the dry sounds - kinda a hard techno new york compression :D

278d7e64a374de26f==