PDA

View Full Version : Rafa: 'Please Protect Torres'

Numeric
28-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Rafa Benitez insists English football needs to clamp down on the heavy handed approach to Fernando Torres :laughing: the Liverpool manager has been angered by the rough treatment dished out to Torres in the Reds' midweek Carling Cup victory over Reading...

recent football discussion has been on the subject of Torres' constant rotation from the Liverpool starting XI, but Benitez is adamant attention must turn to protection of the Premier League's stars...

"What puzzles me is why people are talking all the time about Torres when he plays, when they should surely be talking about how we can protect him when he plays," said Benitez...

"There was lots of talk about how Torres coped so well with the kicking he received, but why aren't people saying that kicking was wrong.

"I'm surprised people aren't talking about the need to protect players of quality because if we want to see exciting matches with real quality for the fans then we must ensure the quality players are allowed to play, and not kicked out of it.

"With Torres defenders feel they have to stop him by kicking him and it's up to the officials to stop that.

"I won't comment on the referee at Reading, but you could see yourself. He (Torres) was kicked badly in the first minute, it was a challenge that could have kept him out for a month."

what a load of s**t :laughing:

Will
28-09-2007, 03:55 PM
He's right, Torres and Arsenal's players should be protected! The rest aren't of a high enough quality to be protected! Or don't really need protecting, like Gerrard.

Numeric
28-09-2007, 04:02 PM
he's full of f**kin s**t is Benitez...

kai
28-09-2007, 04:24 PM
He's right, Torres and Arsenal's players should be protected! The rest aren't of a high enough quality to be protected! Or don't really need protecting, like Gerrard.

for not of sufficient quality read 'our teams full of poncey foreigners who can't handle it'.....

ITS A MANS GAME FFS!!!

Esox Lucius
28-09-2007, 05:53 PM
all liverscums spanish players are big fannies.

phantomdj
28-09-2007, 06:14 PM
football is supposed to be a man's game, but it's a puffs game now....

liverpool full of poncey players??? we can handle any physical team and hold our own.....

players in the mould of carra, riisa, gerrard, crouch, kuyt and so forth all give as good as they get...

will is right.... those players of an exceptional quality should be cared for against those opponents who only have the desire to hack them down rather than play football...

if football is goinbg to be consitent like in the 70's and 80s then yeah, let things be....

but in this pathetic state that football finds itself, something needs to be contained.... and it's the crap players who can't time a tackle....

ps im watching a mans game tonight ..... leeds vs st helens

nick_anarchy
28-09-2007, 06:27 PM
aint fergie asked this for years ?????

Numeric
29-09-2007, 11:17 AM
the players of exceptional quality need to grow some balls, it's that simple...

Spacehopper
29-09-2007, 01:05 PM
aint fergie asked this for years ?????

probably yeah, but no-one can understand what the c*nt says anyway

french_og
29-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I have to agree with Benitez on this - Torres recieved quite a lot of blatant fouls against him vs reading and in other games. To be fair to Torres unlike other spanish and foreigners you see he gets back up and gets on with it instead of acting like a baby like other spanish players you see.

I have been quite impressed wit Torres attitude and he looks a real premiership player and a joy to watch..

Numeric
29-09-2007, 09:03 PM
he is good no question...

278d7e64a374de26f==