PDA

View Full Version : Billie Blaze - Dark Power / Ketamine Dreams

bblaze
28-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey guys.. heres 2 new songs for you all to peep.. New live demo will be out in the next 2 weeks, i'll be sure to keep you all posted on that as well..

http://download.yousendit.com/FF0F686E46D83F79
http://download.yousendit.com/CE71EE322DFAC1E1

bblaze
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
so?

bblaze
05-10-2007, 12:32 PM
heres a more permanant link:

http://media.talamazoo.com/21/audio/207/billieblaze_darkpower.mp3
http://media.talamazoo.com/21/audio/206/jamesfusion_ketaminedream_billieblazemix.mp3

dirty_bass
05-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Only had a chance to listen to the first one. The second one keeps timing out.

Not hugely into schranze type stuff, so I`ll only comment on production.

Well first off I noticed how narrow this all sounds.
everything seems too contrained.
There`s very little low bass and sub to speak of, so you should look into opening out the frequency range here.
The kick is really light and weak for this type of track, and again, has no sub, when it should be booming.
Try taking a kick with a longer release and larger sub swoop and compressing it (hard) to get some real oomph.
Not sure what to say about the sub, either there isn`t any or you`ve cut your low cut too high, if that is the case, bring it down to about 35-45hz.

I`d say the top end could be a little sharper too. Maybe at some bit crush to the hats and a little high end boost to get them scraping a little more.

As for the mid range, it`s all a bit of a mash. Although noise is part and parcel to this kind of music, you can still get more definition and punch to drive the tune along. Try to separate out the mid range a little using subtractive EQ to allow the percussion to get a stronger groove.

I`d also think about the coldness of all the sounds in this tune. There seems to be a lot of low quality samples and/or bit reduced stuff in here that makes the overall sound a touch unprofessional.
Try adding some warmth and width with some good quality compression, valve/saturation emulation, and maybe some use of exciters to give a fuller and deeper sound.

bblaze
05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
well damn! lol.. thanks for the critique.. while i probably won't go and redo the tunes any time soon (new baby = no studio time) , i will take the advise and apply it to the newer stuff.. that one in particular was a little more thrown together then the second one.. just some filler for the live set..

I'm wondering if the low end problems relate to my subwoofer.. we just added on.. I've got the KRK RP-5's and the RP-10 Sub.. I'm not convinced that the levels are right on the sub.. any input on getting that sorted?

I wouldn't say the samples are low quality.. Moreso, I've been running stuff out of the pc and into a variety of crazy gear, and then back in... I built a PAIA Quadrafuzz, as well as my own fuzz / overdrive / filter unit.. Also using a Lexicon Alex, and a TC M300.. I'm starting to wonder about my recording back into the pc and whether or not theres an issue there..

At any rate, THANKS for the feedback! If you get a chance, try and grab the second one again.. I'm intrested to know if similar things apply to that as well..

bblaze
05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
actually.. heres a question.. I'm thinking that most of my problems boil down to crossover frequency of the sub, and the high shelf on the monitors.. because after listening in our studio a bit more, i didn't notice the problems so much as i did outside.. It seems to me that I would have made the highs "higher and brighter" if i turned the high shelf on the monitors down a bit.. similarly for the bass.. thoguhts?

BRADLEE
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, maybe you just need to tune the monitors a bit more then Billy. No worries. Good ideas for sure though homie.....But yeah I'd say overall they could just be much more powerful. I guess that's the best way I can put it.

I don't know if that relates to the level you're monitoring everything at, or if this is as you said a recording issue going back into the pc. Can't say that for sure without doing the whole trial and error. haha

Hope all things are good with the little one amigo. Please, tell Jenny I said hello as well. Rap soon.

B

acidguru
15-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Really like that Ketamine dreams rmx,nice one!!

278d7e64a374de26f==