PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Fans

Richierush
30-09-2007, 09:56 AM
How can u support a team with not one english/british player startin every week,id feel pretty much robbed dont think i cud do it.ok your doin well so its ok.If its your childhood team ur not gonna not support them but it must be hard id hate it! :whoops:

french_og
30-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Where is Walcott at the moment - nothing has really come of him so far..

Richierush
30-09-2007, 10:02 AM
i no,wenger had been puttin him on the right wing an i was impressed with his assists last season,still got that baby face an high pitched voice there gona wait for that to break befor he plays again :laughing:

Insomnia
30-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I'll support them no matter what richie mate...

What the hell you want me to do like?

Write a letter to Wenger or something....

Esox Lucius
30-09-2007, 10:56 AM
does it really matter? loads of foreigners at all clubs. not really arsed where they are from as long as they are entertaining to watch which the arse scum are.

xes
30-09-2007, 12:13 PM
I know it's not the fault of the fans,but I do think that there should be a minimal ammount of English players in a club.

It's why our international team is so crap. We just don't have the selection that we would have if all prem clubs had say,a 50% English squad. It's never going to happen,unless we get the sun on the campaign. (not a bad idea as it goes)

Frank Dogshit
30-09-2007, 01:11 PM
same question gets asked again and again....

but arsenal are brilliant to watch,playing football the way it should be played although they were average against us when we played them.

Sam_Horam
30-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Club football is club football. Why does it matter where the players are from...

I think all this stuff said about it damaging the England team is rubbish. If English players are good enough they will get in a team. Look at Brazil, Argentina, Holland etc etc. Lots of their players play for top clubs outside their own country - English players are unwilling to move abroad even though it many cases it would help them become better players.

Also, it seems that players are often willing to put money over the guarantee of a first team place. Look at players like Scott Parker (when he went to Chelsea), Shaun Wright-Phillips, Darren Bent - all players who moved to bigger clubs when they were doing very well (and playing every week) - and now they aren't playing every week but are getting paid more money.

Richierush
30-09-2007, 04:57 PM
club football is club football,but its called the English premier league so there should be an amount of players from this country in each team its a ****in joke

Microdot
30-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I know it's not the fault of the fans,but I do think that there should be a minimal ammount of English players in a club.

It's why our international team is so crap. We just don't have the selection that we would have if all prem clubs had say,a 50% English squad. It's never going to happen,unless we get the sun on the campaign. (not a bad idea as it goes)

simply not true.
tell me when England had a decent team in your entire lifetime.
truth is, england have been shite for over 40 years now and it's got fukk all to do with foreigners in the premiership.
we had very few foreign players in our league in the 70s and 80s and still were way off being challengers for anything.
in the 90s we started to use this foreigners excuse, but to me it's just that, an excuse.
as Trevor Brooking pointed out it's got far more to do with the poor way in which we train our players from schoolboy age.
we put them into copetative matches too young and dont develop young players' technique.
that combined with football not being the no.1 sport at all comprehensive schools in the country (alot play rugby as the first choice winter sport ffs!) means that as a nation, we simply are not good enough.
every world cup or euro championships we build England up to have a great chance of winning and when we are shit and get knocked out early (yet again), we blame "foreigners in the premiership". truth of the matter is England just arent good enough.

basslinejunkie
30-09-2007, 05:59 PM
for once i agree with you.were shite,because where not up to standard.simple as that theres no excuse.

djfase
30-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Where is Walcott at the moment - nothing has really come of him so far..

Haha said we got a good deal when the arse signed him for 12mill. Hes not as good as ppl expect

Great deal by us

kai
01-10-2007, 11:25 AM
alot play rugby as the first choice winter sport ffs.

Oh how that used to piss me off at our school!!!!!!!!!!

phantomdj
01-10-2007, 12:58 PM
it pissed me off because it was union..... ARGHHH

FILTERZ
01-10-2007, 04:14 PM
it pissed me off because it was union..... ARGHHH

Union is proper rugby

League is some silly northern derivative like pyjama cricket.

Esox Lucius
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
union = middle class toff wankers
league = sheep shagging northerners.

Numeric
01-10-2007, 05:30 PM
i think it's important for English teams to have at least a few English players, but if i were an Arsenal fan don't think i'd be too bothered...

Insomnia
01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
but if i were an Arsenal fan don't think i'd be too bothered...

Aye spot on Numeric, i'm sure most would agree.....

Apart from Richie though...:laughing:

Numeric
01-10-2007, 08:07 PM
it's great that United have got so many English players in their squad, the backbone of the team is English with Rio, Hargreaves, Scholes, Carrick and Rooney, it's somin to be proud of in this current Premiership climate...

but Arsenal are proving that it's not essential, for now anyway...

french_og
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Utd have paid a lot of money for Rio, Carrick, Hargreaves and Rooney - probably close to £80 million. Fair play to Ferguson but if Wenger can bring in a foreign player of the same quality for half the price he doesn't care what country it is from.

I worry for Arsenal when the colder weather kicks in and they have to travel to Blackburn, Birmingham and Bolton and some of those foreigners may not fancy it.

Eddowion
01-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Players come and players go.............we support the shirt.
Substitute "english" for "local" in the argument, would you say Liverpool should only play scousers or Spurs only play cockneys?.......No of course not........it doesn't matter where the players come from as long as they give their all for the shirt.

phantomdj
02-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Substitute "english" for "local" in the argument, would you say Liverpool should only play scousers or Spurs only play cockneys?.......No of course not........it doesn't matter where the players come from as long as they give their all for the shirt.

agreed...

if people are bothered about UK players, then they should make sure there food - produce - entertainment is 80% UK in total...

no, but they won't do that....

they quite happily buy all their products which are made in china or all the 'fresh fruit' in the supermarkets from israel and spain

or their play stations from japan....

or their foreign cars ....

all that false patriotism is a laugh really.... put your money where your mouth is and buy british in everything if you are going to make the same stance in football.

Microdot
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Union is proper rugby

League is some silly northern derivative like pyjama cricket.

ALL rugby is for gayers.

french_og
02-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Rugby sorts the men out from the boys...

Will
02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
ALL rugby is for gayers.

I bet you wouldn't say that to the face of any professional Rugby player though!

Eddowion
02-10-2007, 05:05 PM
agreed...

if people are bothered about UK players, then they should make sure there food - produce - entertainment is 80% UK in total...

no, but they won't do that....

they quite happily buy all their products which are made in china or all the 'fresh fruit' in the supermarkets from israel and spain

or their play stations from japan....

or their foreign cars ....

all that false patriotism is a laugh really.... put your money where your mouth is and buy british in everything if you are going to make the same stance in football.
Absolutely right, double standards suck.

Microdot
02-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I bet you wouldn't say that to the face of any professional Rugby player though!

would probably get bummed within an inch of my life if I did.

Richierush
02-10-2007, 06:10 PM

now were gettin stupid but for liverpool to have scousers actually playin for them who are so important for the team it must feel better to be an liverpool fan :laughing:

Microdot
04-10-2007, 01:09 PM

word, though if that were the case, the only difference in our top four would probably be Newcastle in there instead of Chelsea, and we'd probably have a midlands club in the top 6 too (Villa?).

The London clubs would all have an obvious advantage of larger population (but disadvantage of more competition), but I think most players there would choose to play for Arsenal if they could, and Everton and Man City would just have to rely on the local boys Utd and Liverpool didn't want.

In England, Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle are generally the areas where the best players come form, and obviously London, though that's more a large group of towns than a single city.

might be interesting actually.

278d7e64a374de26f==