PDA

View Full Version : Man United vs Roma

Numeric
02-10-2007, 08:27 AM
gonna be a tough game for United this i reckon, Roma are gonna be out for revenge and it's not as though we've been bangin in the goals over the past few fixtures, but ofcourse at least United have been winning and keepin clean sheets which is great, don't think Edwin's gonna feature tonight which is a bit of a blow...

heard yesterday that Vidic and Wes didn't train, hopefully they'll be fit or we could have some serious problems, i also heard that Hargeaves should play which is a plus...

hope that there's no trouble at the ground tonight with the fans...

c'mon United!!

fatcollective
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
yeah deffo a tough game for us, i think this might be a good kick up the ass for utd and get them started!! a lot of the players havent even played very good yet so hopefuilly they will step up tonght and do what they are capable of!! come oooooon united!!!!

phantomdj
02-10-2007, 11:38 AM
hope you lose badly, but if you win then i'll just have to take it.

fergis did not look confident in his pre-match interview.

Numeric
02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
fergis did not look confident in his pre-match interview.

aye, looked pretty sullen didn't he...

Numeric
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
probably brickin it over Vidic and Wes, the defence have been awesome recently and we're going into our toughest fixture of the season thus far missing two key players, not to mention Edwin...

be interesting to see Pique start in the centre, would a huge chance for him to make amends for the Carling Cup debacle, O'Shea will have to play on the right...

Microdot
02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
hope you lose badly, but if you win then i'll just have to take it.

I heard you'll take it for air miles :-D

Microdot
02-10-2007, 03:48 PM
losing Vidic and Brown is a massive loss for Utd. both have been outstanding so far this season, particularly Brown.
let's hope Pique isn't out of his league for this one.

Eddowion
02-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Come on Utd..........We want 4 English teams in the semi's this year.

nick_anarchy
02-10-2007, 09:49 PM
****in hell i think iv lost my voice after that poor game !!

Well we were ****in piss poor once again !! scholes , carrick didnt want to get forward at all , wtf was saha doin startin ????? tevez should start every game and shown he is much better at what he does when he came on .. Nani had a ok game hot & cold as normal but im sure he will improve good pass for rooneys class finish !! . Well Roma were nothing more than a bunch of Cheatin twats ! the ref was shit how vidic give 2 fouls away when they were perfect tackels i dont know !! rio & vidic were class tho a very good game by them but we did seem to let them slip past out midfield far to easy and that has to be sorted out as better sides will punish us !!!

there was no aggression goin forward no pace it did seem like we went out for a 1-0 win whats goin on

well its a win 6pts top of the group and still out of form !!

MUST BE THE SINKIN SHIP ONCE AGAIN

Insomnia
02-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Didn't see it but Man Utd done what was needed once again.....

Same story with Arsenal the night, it weren't pritty but it's enough...

Some result from Rangers the night, couldn't believe they humped Lyon 3-0...

basslinejunkie
02-10-2007, 10:41 PM
what?!? rangers beat lyon 3-0??? my mate will be creaming his pants!!

Microdot
02-10-2007, 11:46 PM
thought Utd looked good tonight. weren't really penetrative enough though but moved the ball round well.
Nani looked hot, this boy is gonna really be something in a year or two.
Rio also had an excellent game, kept things tidy at the back, skippered well, and saved Utd's necks a couple of times too.
one of these two was mom, I reckon.
slightly worrying that despite dominating possesion and having most of the attacking play, Utd still let Roma get more clear cut chances, though tbf, most of these were from thee edge of or outside the box.
overall, Utd did just enough to beat an inferior team but still don't quite look themselves.
despite this, I cant think of anyone in the Utd team who had a bad game, so, as chas n dave would say....mustnt grumble...

phantomdj
03-10-2007, 08:22 AM
i'm sorry but no way did roma look inferior in that game... they looked like the home side. nick hit the nail on the head. very poor game from united and you do wonder why they lack confidence or any real steel. it was only when they managed to score a goal that they started to come out more and even then roma had the edge at the end also. roma had chance after chance and some very good ones at that.

it was a blatant penalty for roma, his legs were taken, no where near the ball and everyone watching it with me was in shock that no penalty was given. if it were the other way round all the manc fans and fergie would have been ranting for an age.

nani does have some skill and in small doses you saw some great skill from individual man utd players, but roma certainly were very unlucky to lose.

nick_anarchy
03-10-2007, 09:24 AM
i'm sorry but no way did roma look inferior in that game... they looked like the home side. nick hit the nail on the head. very poor game from united and you do wonder why they lack confidence or any real steel. it was only when they managed to score a goal that they started to come out more and even then roma had the edge at the end also. roma had chance after chance and some very good ones at that.

it was a blatant penalty for roma, his legs were taken, no where near the ball and everyone watching it with me was in shock that no penalty was given. if it were the other way round all the manc fans and fergie would have been ranting for an age.

nani does have some skill and in small doses you saw some great skill from individual man utd players, but roma certainly were very unlucky to lose.

yeh i agree it was a pen carrick was a lucky man ... i wouldnt say ver all they were the better side they came to defend 1 upfront and 2 holding players in front of the back 4 says a lot for the CL

Microdot
03-10-2007, 01:06 PM

apart from the first 15 minutes and a couple of scary moments in the 2nd half, I thought Utd looked the better team.
like I said, Roma actually fashioned more chances, but Utd's paaing and movement was far superior.
considering that's the best team Utd have played against so far this season (by a country mile), I think they did ok, and deserved the 3 points.
were definitely lucky with the pen, but then as Utd found against the rent boys the other week, when Cole's blatant foul on Evre in the box went unpunished, some go for you, some go against you.
can't think of anyone who actually had a bad game, saha was dissapointing at times, seemed to drift out of the game for some reason, but got replaced by Big Carloth anyway.
Roma found their way past our midfield too easily, and O'Shea is clearly not in the same class as Wes Brown (not news to anyone that though), but overall, it was a good team performance.
Nani looks better than Ronaldo did at the same age, which gives Utd fans something to get very excited about, imo.

278d7e64a374de26f==