PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Stripped of ego - Detroit techno-ish

dirty_bass
04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I`ve been getting very much into the classic techno sound for the last few months, and my PA is slowly getting more minimal (but in a rob hood way, rather than itchy rawtits).
I haven`t posted anything for a while, so here is a classic detroity (basic channel era) techno thing I recently finished, and have just mastered on my new in ear monitors, to test their accuracy.
Suggestions etc welcome as always.

http://www.dj-tony-c.co.uk/dirtybass/Productions/Voidloss%20-%20Stripped%20of%20Ego%20(master).mp3

stjohn
05-10-2007, 03:58 AM
deep..moody n groovey...
i like !!

BRADLEE
05-10-2007, 06:11 AM
I like it Steve...Very nice for sure.

Tyrisia
05-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Really like this also, can't comment on mix as on me new phones meself, but sounds wicked.

I'll give it a listen when I'm more able to, off to goto some weddin this weekend, but I'll have another good listen when I get back.

More like this please!!

BloodStar
06-10-2007, 12:28 PM
liking this a lot. moody and deep. clever arrangements, all the sounds progressing smoothly as the track goes. it has nice musical feeling in it.
production sounds proper. only thing, the lead line around 6 min sounds as it is panned too much to the left side.
excellent track.

Barely Human
06-10-2007, 07:50 PM
liking this a lot. moody and deep. clever arrangements, all the sounds progressing smoothly as the track goes. it has nice musical feeling in it.
production sounds proper. only thing, the lead line around 6 min sounds as it is panned too much to the left side.
excellent track.

Not really my thing steve, but really nice work. Not too sure on the clap though at 1 min in, I would have left that out. Anyway, cant fault the production as usual, good stuff dude.

loopdon
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
A true jewel.

dan the acid man
06-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Great track with alovely warmth to the mix.

Everything has it's own space, which is great considering you did this with new ear monitors

dirty_bass
07-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Cheers folks.
Yeah these in ear things are mind blowingly accurate.
I`ll take a look at the stereo problem with the final synth, I think the problem is that it has a real high harmonic that spins off to the right. I don`t wanna mess with the sound by wacking it in mono though.
It`s an FM sound so I`m sure I can just dig in and find the operator that has gone askew.

p_brane
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
top stuff, clean production, interesting structure, good sound choices.

a great example of melodic techno.

@dirtybass- what are these in ear things of which you speak

Little_Fella!
09-10-2007, 02:23 AM
heh heh... (itchy rawtits) - yek:cheese:

This one is growing on me... it is definitely the classic sound you were aiming for... lovely synth work that carries you along very nicely, as I imagined driving along at a stately pace on a nice sunny day through some Detroit suburbs...:)

Which brings me to the title... I know that back in the day tracks such as these would have titles that were kind of abstract in nature.. goes with the genre..

For me though there is no indication towards the title anywhere in the tune... something like, 'As the Streets May Wander' seems to fit better... er or whatever...:ruquestion: :ruquestion:

I really like the title 'Stripped Of Ego', but I think it deserves to be used in a different way...:cool:

dirty_bass
09-10-2007, 02:48 AM
The title needs only have meaning for me, however you interpret it is your business.
And also, when you try salvia, you will understand.

Si the Sigh
09-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Liking this. :)

p_brane
09-10-2007, 11:21 AM
when you try salvia, you will understand.

ahh the magic sage of wisdom, welcome to the cosmos:;

dirty_bass
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
ahh the magic sage of wisdom, welcome to the cosmos:;

Haha, and there is so much to see.

Little_Fella!
13-10-2007, 01:01 AM
The title needs only have meaning for me, however you interpret it is your business.
And also, when you try salvia, you will understand.

Yip Yip...

Aye... though you might say that...:)

Aaaaand... me try me try!:briggin:

278d7e64a374de26f==