dfndr
29-11-2003, 08:27 PM
i am planing to buy them...
one question...are they ok or not?
can i mix on them like on the 1210(touching the
platter?)...need your help fast!!!

MARKEG
30-11-2003, 06:57 AM
i'd say to you what i've said to anyone who asks me about decks - 1210's are the only way. dont get anything else. but then again, it's up to you...

Hakka.
30-11-2003, 07:28 AM
it's hard one to call... I think a deck should be judged on its durability and not just its standard performance.

To me the 1210's can take a lot of punishment and still deliver... the question is can any other make of deck keep up its performance over the same amount of time that a technics one would.

I just don't have enough experience on other decks to make feesible judgement.

Anyone on here owned and used both models for same amount of time?

I personally, stick with technics... (that's until I have a reason not too!)

EmotionComplex
30-11-2003, 05:09 PM
ive mixed on both, differnt feel but basically the same performance.

in the end if the turntables are going to be used at home/studio then it wouldnt matter so much, although a pair of technics is more likely to crop up when u play out so owning them would make it feel a lot more familiar.

And if there going to end up being gigged with at all then the toughness of the technics would definetly pay off.

vestax have the nice ultra pitch facility but u have to ask yourself, would u use it after the first 4 mins of opening the box.

both hi end turntables, both will allow you to beatmatch your records precisely and both around the same price range, find a local retailer/mate/mates mate,with a pair you can take a couple of records down and get the feel of, then see what you prefer.

I bought 1210's myself :)

Luke Revival
30-11-2003, 11:29 PM
The vstax are shit hot, however totally different to technics...if you can use the technics then gettin the vestax would b ok. If you cant then get Technics if you wanna dj in clubs etc...
Vestax Never ever ever ever jump, but, technics are the standard!

I had the choice of Technics and Vestax and I got a pair of 1200's...

Barely Human
01-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Vestax Never ever ever ever jump, but, technics are the standard!

Thats sort of true, but they will still jump if the vinyl has jumps or dirt in it. Plus, you can make technics just as stable by getting the Sure M447 carts.

Chazbloke
01-12-2003, 11:11 AM
as an owner of PDX2000 i would say get them!!!
as a club dj (starting starting to be now...) i would say get 1210s purely because they are in 90% of clubs around
if you not worried about playing out, get the Vestax. much better turntable, **** of lot nicer to mix on, goes faster (which i really dooo need!), reverse, more stable (for scratching) etc.. etc..
mixing on Vestax and then mixing on 1210s is much different - the 1210s feel like sloppy hoes and the responce (pickup+pitch control) is just not as quick on them.
Chaz.

dfndr
01-12-2003, 05:08 PM
i am playing on 1210 since 98.but now i got the chance
to buy pdx2000 for nice price...so i needed your help...
thanx a lot guys...

romelpotter
01-12-2003, 05:34 PM
I have some classic "pro 150's" which although cheap and belt drives, have lasted me nearly 9 years now. They are however about to die so I am planning to by tecnicks 1200/10 mk 2. They are simply the best. still !! :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==