PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting BOA Acid Division label in 2008

MARK ANXIOUS
10-10-2007, 11:54 PM
In 2008, we were thinking it might be a really good idea to start another label: BOA Acid Division. I'm talking like the old Labworks, Drop Bass, Ference, Woody McBride - all that shit. Get more of that dirty acid shit back out there. Need stuff that's gonna bring us bang up to date, nice tricks and new ideas etc. Been working on some stuff ourselves actuallly :)

If any producers are remotely interested please send any trax to: info@blackoutaudio.co.uk

I really hope we can pull together some good stuff here. :cool:

acidguru
11-10-2007, 06:38 AM
In 2008, we were thinking it might be a really good idea to start another label: BOA Acid Division. I'm talking like the old Labworks, Drop Bass, Ference, Woody McBride - all that shit. Get more of that dirty acid shit back out there. Need stuff that's gonna bring us bang up to date, nice tricks and new ideas etc. Been working on some stuff ourselves actuallly :)

If any producers are remotely interested please send any trax to: info@blackoutaudio.co.uk

I really hope we can pull together some good stuff here. :cool:

That´s good news,really looking forward to that!

Si the Sigh
11-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Wow! Sounds like a great idea. :)

xes
11-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Good to hear! And,we really hope you can put some good stuff out too :cool:

Aratron
11-10-2007, 08:43 AM
bloody eck i feel like i am on acid. this news on top of dave the drumers last thread.
unbelievable.
acid techno is dead
long live acid techno

tOM B
11-10-2007, 05:16 PM
fair play mark - look forward to checking it out

acidchild
14-10-2007, 05:45 AM
E-mail sent.

parsley909
14-10-2007, 11:22 PM
hope its the sorta acid i like has been a few european tunes i like come out recently!

not much london stuff though!

look forward to it!

A.P.
14-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Wicked news Mark, sounds interesting.

acidchild
15-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey Mark, is your mail box full? I've gotten a bounce or two back from your inbox. Get in touch with me if you haven't gotten my e-mail.

acidted@gmail.com

davethedrummer
16-10-2007, 04:37 PM
brilliant idea!

like the sound of that a lot

nihilist
16-10-2007, 05:39 PM
glad to hear that, nice idea to let people send in tracks to.

it's good to hear something positive for a change

MARK NEENAN
16-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Brilliant idea, can't wait to hear the results!

acidchild
16-10-2007, 10:51 PM
E-mail delivery failed.

Kendall Station
22-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Hmm, this sounds interesting.

ps--hey AcidChild! I think this makes the 3rd forum we're both on now...lol

acidchild
22-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Hmm, this sounds interesting.

ps--hey AcidChild! I think this makes the 3rd forum we're both on now...lol

That's cause we is cool =o] Hehe.

MARK ANXIOUS
25-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Don't quite know why my email is failing. Acidchild - can ya PM me?

OK update: Spoke to our distributor and they're up for this, but need to get three releases confirmed and ready to go. Massive thanks to everyone who has been in touch so far - some really encouraging styles and sounds. I think we've got one release ready, one guy is nearly there and just really searching hard for the third. Emailed loads of the old guys and got a great response....

If anyone knows any other good forums that have been missed out or anyone to post my original post to, could you???

Need to get on Myspace next week and do a serious search I think.

Henry, if you're up for anything really Drop Bass sounding or Woody, would be amazing!!!

MARK ANXIOUS
25-10-2007, 01:21 PM
PS Aciiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeed! :)

acidchild
25-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Don't quite know why my email is failing. Acidchild - can ya PM me?

OK update: Spoke to our distributor and they're up for this, but need to get three releases confirmed and ready to go. Massive thanks to everyone who has been in touch so far - some really encouraging styles and sounds. I think we've got one release ready, one guy is nearly there and just really searching hard for the third. Emailed loads of the old guys and got a great response....

If anyone knows any other good forums that have been missed out or anyone to post my original post to, could you???

Need to get on Myspace next week and do a serious search I think.

Henry, if you're up for anything really Drop Bass sounding or Woody, would be amazing!!!

PM Sent.

shoggoth
31-10-2007, 06:47 AM
Hi Mark,

Did you get some tracks from the Netherlands yet?

My track (that you liked)is ready to go as far as I am concearned ;)

Greets,

shoggoth

Athar
23-11-2007, 10:10 AM
How's the progress with the Acid Division ?

Ive made a thread on discogs ard month ago and some peeps there were defo intrested:

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/147358

Hope you got some wicked 303's tunes Mark!

MARK ANXIOUS
23-11-2007, 10:05 PM
well it's going ok, not as good as i would have hoped, but i'm still trying hard to get some good tracks in. need three solid releases before we definitely say yes to this.. here's hoping!!!!!

rhythmtech
24-11-2007, 11:09 AM
well it's going ok, not as good as i would have hoped, but i'm still trying hard to get some good tracks in. need three solid releases before we definitely say yes to this.. here's hoping!!!!!

gonna get you something over for this... just workin on it at the moment :xsmile:

proper 808/303 action with an updated feel

nihilist
24-11-2007, 03:41 PM
i sent you a pm mark with a link to some tunes, did you get it?

davethedrummer
30-11-2007, 02:08 AM
got a new one for you marky

tocsin
30-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Just saw this thread. Really excited about this. Provided me with a new spark to work on some tracks again.

Delinquent Dialect
30-11-2007, 06:01 PM
check out our live set

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43520

it has acid in it in parts, if you like it. I could persuade the others that we could re-arrange those parts into finished tracks

if you was interested.

other than that Ive been thinking of writing some, but when Ive got some done I'll be in touch

davethedrummer
01-12-2007, 02:13 AM
brixton.... you remember him , i'm talking to him at the mo
shall i ask him?

mister badtouch
01-12-2007, 03:52 AM
super cool news. . . . haven't heard hardly any 'really' good acid for years (although I'm sure that there is loads, which I just haven't heard yet).

I've been spending all my pocket money on early smitten/suf/bionic orange/etc I love that classic-acid sound.

I'd really love to hear something synthy and trippy like the early organgrinder stuff, but with modern production. You can't beat that juicy acid trance sound, you know that tune from 'Liberators on john peel', I think it's called 'undulator 23', awesome tune, makes my mouth water every time I listen to it....................
Yea man, more of that would be ace

cheers

BRADLEE
01-12-2007, 07:32 AM
brixton.... you remember him , i'm talking to him at the mo
shall i ask him?

That guy is Madness. Seen him play a few times Courtesy of "Swell" in Arizona. ****ing ill mamma jamma.

davethedrummer
01-12-2007, 11:38 AM
That guy is Madness. Seen him play a few times Courtesy of "Swell" in Arizona. ****ing ill mamma jamma.

yeah played with him in germany at an acid party a few weeks back
brilliant!

there's a real little scene going on over there , and it's all acid baby !

acidchild
01-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Germany and Belgium is where it's at for Acid!

Athar
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Listen latest AP tracks, they are all quallity acid techno, excellent for new BOA Acid Dividion label i think, its my best recommendation.

Yes, its a UK Acid Techno style, i think Mark looking around for something from Colonge style but we are all sitting on the same branch isn't ?

I love Acid Techno at All :wink:

MARK ANXIOUS
05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
well brixton is 100% on board, we're in the process of remixing a track of his so we can release it on boa. not got an acid track off him yet, but i'm gonna work on him hehehe.

wish there was more producers making this old style acid tbh, it's been really hard to find good tracks. our distributor is up for it, but i have a feeling they want to see some super recognisable names on there to help the sales (which i totally understand)...

anyway, if you've got anything, please keep it coming my way. also, bear in mind i'm brutaly honest with reactions ;)

heh

Dave Elyzium
05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
have a feeling they want to see some super recognisable names on there to help the sales (which i totally understand)...

im def gonna get on this tonight..my mum says my music is good you can tell the dist. that too if it helps mark?

acidsaturation
11-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Hmm... will have a think about this...

Athar
27-10-2009, 04:28 PM
bump!

278d7e64a374de26f==