PDA

View Full Version : Dig out your classics!

Si the Sigh
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
It's that time again, time to pick 5 classics out for everyone to check out. I'll start...

1) Lawrie Immersion - Fat Acid - Smitten #50

Does exactly what it says on the tin! This track does nothing except roll from start to finish with a fat acid line. Loads of percussion changes to keep your groove on, and lock you deep into the sound. This is minimal acid techno in the sense that it doesn't do much, but what it does, it does seriously well.

2) Higinio - Newcomer EP - Off The Wall #02

The 2 A-side tracks are great, again quite minimal and sparce in sound, but atmospheric and out there. Off the wall even! A1 is an almost breakbeat track with some mad "squeeking" sounds, and A2 wouldn't have sounded out of place on an early Routemaster release. Atmospheric, basic acid.

3) Sarcoblast - Sarcoflaps / Diseased Acid - Routemaster #25

All about the hardest kick drum in acid techno. A tip of the hat and respect to Lawrie for "Stay Hard" and Rowland for "Audio Orgy", but I believe Lawrie & Guy take the crown for the hardest here with Diseased Acid. Flip the record over and you're treated to an almost uplifting without being in the slightest cheesy track. And check out the shuffling wonky hi-hats when they come in...It's like a ketamine stumble pressed up on vinyl!

4) Smoke System - Smoke / Photon / Acid Takes Control - Pull The Strings #23

Like the early Routemaster releases? Then check this bad boy out. I managed to find some audio online for this one, so i'll stop typing and let you listen...

http://www.smdpromotions.co.uk/soundclips/live/smoke_system_smog_pts023_a_side.mp3
http://www.smdpromotions.co.uk/soundclips/live/smoke_system_smog_pts023_b_side.mp3

5) DAVE the Drummer - Proper / What You Need - Smitten #38

Proper? Proper fat and 'avin it more like! The original bassline killer. Still to this day not so sure about the B-side of this one though. There's elements of the track I like, ie; the vocal hook, the funk, etc, but at the same time when it kicks back in after the break you feel like somethings missing, meaning you really want to be mixing this so that the track coming in smashes straight in after the break.

Si the Sigh
11-10-2007, 08:10 AM
By the way, the audio for the Smoke System track isn't the best, but hey, you'll get an idea.

ollie303
11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
5) DAVE the Drummer - Proper / What You Need - Smitten #38

Proper? Proper fat and 'avin it more like! The original bassline killer. Still to this day not so sure about the B-side of this one though. There's elements of the track I like, ie; the vocal hook, the funk, etc, but at the same time when it kicks back in after the break you feel like somethings missing, meaning you really want to be mixing this so that the track coming in smashes straight in after the break.

started to play proper out again recently, lovley record that is.

and routemaster 41 by lawrie, Nose Tikkla is phat as you like

rhythmtech
11-10-2007, 02:41 PM
1. Pattern Play #01 - wonky wonky wonky!!!

2. Sarcoblast - Roland Abuse (Routemaster) - Pure tribal acid

3. tarball & lungbutter - Midsweep Monofest (Bionic Orange) - the 303 goes on forever

4. balloonheads - jaw to the floor (smitten) - dirty

5. davethedrummer - freedom fighter (smitten) - lovely futuristic funky techno

APC
12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Yolk 11 - Watch Your Step ------ I ****ing love this tune. Proper trancy, hectic and plain eery. Love it!

Tracid - Auf De Freisse ------ Weird. 303 carnage.

Routemaster - Mobile Telephone ------ What is the point in this sample? Weirdly ****ing Yes!

SUF - World War 303 --- A freight train of fireworks.

Hazchem - Bazooka ---- A freight train of fireworks crashing into a screaming cat and falling down a hillside made of screaming children.

rhythmtech
12-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Routemaster - Mobile Telephone ------ What is the point in this sample? Weirdly ****ing Yes!

its a pisstake of a vocal that kraftwerk used

APC
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
its a pisstake of a vocal that kraftwerk used

: <

I was hoping it was just a completely random thing that someone came up with. I'm soooooo not down with the kids.

I forgot to add: Take Out The Trash on Boscaland, and Fri-Monday Non Stop on Smitten.

Little_Fella!
13-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Some of those mentioned I don't recognise so I will check them out...

Right...

1. Five Alive - "Sockin'" - XS Recordings 06 ..Great high up in the air acid lines and absolutely kickin' groove...:rockin:

2.Zero (6) - "Eating Chinese"/"The Hero" - Bionic Orange 14 ...both very dark n deadly... sorry, can't mention one without the other:ruevil:

3. Lawrie Immersion - "Keep On" - Routemaster 43 .. miles of mixing very hypnotic intro, break n then wrrrripppp:crackup:

4.Charlie Don't Surf, Igor Farenheit - "Madness (Stressford World of Strange Mix) - Smitten Remixes 08 ...rediculously relentless uplifting track - I liked all the "Madness" tracks... this was my fave and twas the last tune of my set for quite a while...

5.Time Stretch Armstrong - "Fuel For the Fire" - S.U.F. 43 ... absolutely stunning acid builder from start to finish... :BigThumbUp:

BrasTech
13-10-2007, 03:33 AM
1- Cluster 50 - Mosquito Tweet

2- Routemaster 26 - Mobile Telephone

3- SUF 41 - Unluck Punk

4- C.O.S.H.H 03 - well paid scientists - high noon in gotham city -

5- Hydraulix 11 - track b

To me, these are the best Classics! !...

see ya!!

278d7e64a374de26f==