PDA

View Full Version : jay pace - schenzhen.

Jay Pace
11-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Bit of a weird one this. Quite like it though. A big growling dark bass thing.

Interested to know what anyone thinks

www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/schenzhen.mp3 (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/schenzhen.mp3)

:mrmyagi:

eyeswithoutaface
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
file not found mate

Jay Pace
11-10-2007, 11:18 AM
stupid ****ing link bastard bitch

www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/schenzhen.mp3

that should work

stjohn
11-10-2007, 07:35 PM
serious tune man!! i love it!
the bass kills, and i love the workout youve given it!! really great stuff.

a good way through it.. when all is in full swing..the top kinda loses its snap but thats easily fixed!

i think the track could also benfit with some addtional rhythmic synth or perx loop... just sat far back in the mix, carrying it along ye know?? whatever u think tho

great track

Little_Fella!
13-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Suitably odd this I must say...:;

Have to listen at home to get the proper feel but so far, love the way this creeps in n then sets the stall out with a wicked wackiness...

...then when it boots at bang on 3mins - ecky :exclaim: At that point there are those that will head for the proverbial hills and those that will bask in it's intensity...

Like the fact that you only do this the once... ...very interesting :cool:

dirty_bass
13-10-2007, 03:25 AM
A little too minimal for me, but it has a nice wet, old school feel to the sounds and the manglement progresses nicely.

I think the tops could be a little more present.
And the main synth could probably do with some multiband compression to rein it in as when the filters are all opened out it just gets too loud in the mix.

Jay Pace
14-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Cheers for listening peoples.

Put a new perc loop set back into the mix (nice spot rory), kick cleaned up as I wasn't happy with it and high end is a bit more crisp and present. Synth is reigned in so it doesn't get too carried away, and I've spared the limiters so there are more dynamics.

Same link as before if anyone's keen, thanks loads for listening and your feedback.

www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/schenzhen.mp3

Radic
14-10-2007, 10:20 AM
listening now - nice clicky snappy kick there. goes well with the track. there's some nice dark subtle shit goin on here and nice subtle changes. hell yeah the more it goes the more it grows on ya. shakers comin in now. yeah nice one. mad track dude. 2 my ears there's nothing i can fault cuz it sounds good from here. :)

judas_beast
14-10-2007, 01:25 PM
The kick ''wanders'' to much for me, if you know what I mean. It's very minimal, which isn't my thing, but it sounds like a proper track of that genre. I personally find stuff like this a bit boring. Maybe more edits and some filtering work might add a bit of interest.

I like the synth sound, the main lead type thing, but its a bit brutal for the rest of the track, I feel. It basically takes everything over.

I can imagine the trendy mnml heads getting right into this.

stjohn
14-10-2007, 02:10 PM
ye sounding great now!! im the first to slag off my mates for being too 'minimal'.. but this is so stripped down that it kinda skiips the 'minimal' feel and adds to the eeriness

Tyrisia
14-10-2007, 06:13 PM
absolutely lovin this dude, really old school as has been said, I'm not on monitors but the mix sounds pretty good, love it when that big ride comes in. Sounds really intricate and finished arrangement-wise, absolutely stonkin stuff man!

Craig_Lea
15-10-2007, 10:09 AM
That's a nice little track Jay.
The rolling bass hook is really infectious.
I like the way it rises and alter's too.
Good stuff.

p_brane
15-10-2007, 10:48 AM
listened to this a few times,

i really like the progression on the melodic elements, real digeri stylee

a great builder that would work some magic on the dancefloor i recken.

not really my bag (this mnml tingy) but this has grown on me.

thanks for sharing

stjohn
15-10-2007, 11:22 PM
just showed a mate here having a few cheeky spliffs.. loved it... very josh wink he says!!

anywho is that the sherman doing all the crazy distortion? sounds class

Jay Pace
16-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Really chuffed with these comments, was a bit of an experiment this one...

The filterbank is doing the lions share of the work, with a bit of PSP nitro providing some of the distortion, and then some EQ and compression for the weird raspy breathy sounds in the bass.

I love that machine :)

278d7e64a374de26f==