snooch
13-10-2007, 05:49 AM
PHILLY vs. Jets
Tennessee vs. TAMPA BAY
Houston vs. JAX
St. Louis vs BALTIMORE
BEARS vs. Vikings
CLEVELAND vs. Miami
GREEN BAY vs. Washington (don't discount the Redskins, this was my hardest pick this week)
BENGALS vs. Chiefs
Carolina vs. ARIZONA
SAN DIEGO vs. Oakland
NEW ENGLAND vs. Dallas (I hate myself)
SEATTLE vs. New Orleans
GIANTS vs. Atlanta

herman
13-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Im doing these picks from a hotel room in Washington after no sleep for nearly two days so Im going to be using that as an excuse heavily this week :)

minnesota vs CHICAGO
miami vs CLEVELAND
Washington vs Green Bay
Cincinatti vs KANSAS CITY
Phili vs NYJETS
TENESSEE vs tampa bay
houston vs JACKSONVILLE
st. louis vs BALTIMORE
carolina vs ARIZONA
NEW ENGLAND vs dallas
oakland vs SAN DIEGO
new orleans vs SEATTLE
NYGIANTS vs atlanta

snooch
14-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Im doing these picks from a hotel room in Washington after no sleep for nearly two days so Im going to be using that as an excuse heavily this week :)

minnesota vs CHICAGO
miami vs CLEVELAND
Washington vs Green Bay
Cincinatti vs KANSAS CITY
Phili vs NYJETS
TENESSEE vs tampa bay
houston vs JACKSONVILLE
st. louis vs BALTIMORE
carolina vs ARIZONA
NEW ENGLAND vs dallas
oakland vs SAN DIEGO
new orleans vs SEATTLE
NYGIANTS vs atlanta
What do you have for Washington/ Green Bay?

SlavikSvensk
14-10-2007, 03:00 AM
he's in washington, so...well, that would make me want the redskins to lose...

snooch
14-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Like I posted earlier, that's the one I am the shakiest on. Green Bay is hot, but they got trounced last week. Washington is a good team that has a killer pass defense. Guess what Green Bay does the second most in the league? Green Bay also has the worst running game in the league. They have been depending on the short, quick passing game to get it done. Please remember that Favre all the records aside, is 38 years old.
Portis with Washington is a stud. They slaughtered the Lions last week and their young quarterback is on a roll. Their pass defense is killer and their offense is much more balanced.

All that being said, I still think that GB will win but won't be surprised in the least if Washington takes it.

Sam_Horam
14-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Minnesota vs CHICAGO
Miami vs CLEVELAND
Washington vs GREEN BAY
Cincinnati vs KANSAS CITY
PHILADELPHIA vs New York Jets
TENNESSEE vs Tampa Bay
Houston vs JACKSONVILLE
St. Louis vs BALTIMORE
Carolina vs ARIZONA
NEW ENGLAND vs Dallas
Oakland vs SAN DIEGO
New Orleans vs SEATTLE
NEW YORK GIANTS vs Atlanta

herman
14-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Dam I missed one again just adding WASHINGTON vrs Greenbay

Think Washington will take it based on the pass defence and Greenbays almost non existant running game like Snooch said but I have to give credit to Jason Campbell he was laser precise last week if he another game like that GB have little chance I think.

By the way Im in Denver now and its a bye week now Im pissed off :)

SlavikSvensk
14-10-2007, 07:16 PM
well, out on the west coast we get oakland-san diego instead of new england-dallas. gutted...

SlavikSvensk
14-10-2007, 07:16 PM
btw paul you heading out here?

snooch
14-10-2007, 11:10 PM
21-17 New England at the half. It's a close game so far.

SlavikSvensk
15-10-2007, 02:16 AM
damn you boys got crushed hahaha

brady is having a monster year. might break peyton's TD record!

i'm 7-4 so far this week

snooch
15-10-2007, 02:30 AM
Yeah we got beat by a superior team. Still 5-1 is a good record. This might have been a Superbowl preview.

SlavikSvensk
15-10-2007, 02:38 AM
could be. don't see any of the other nfc teams as balanced so far. pats still need to get by the colts...

snooch
15-10-2007, 03:20 AM
I think the Pats have the edge with the Colts. Two names: Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Welker is a damned good tight end.

SlavikSvensk
15-10-2007, 04:37 AM
he's a slot WR! but he plays like an absurdly fast TE. basically if you double team moss, welker, stalworth and watson will kill you. if you single-cover moss and try to rush brady, moss kills you. and this is without maroney, the feature RB, who comes back next week i think.

plus richard seymour is coming back on D in a week or two. and he's ridiculously good.

the only reason i am still wary of the colts is peyton manning. like brady, you just can't ever count on stopping him. you might, but much more likely you won't. well, that and the fact that we play them in indy.

SlavikSvensk
15-10-2007, 04:38 AM
oh and i think randy has a 1-year contract only. we're going to have to pay him big $$ to keep him around...

snooch
15-10-2007, 12:44 PM
he's a slot WR! but he plays like an absurdly fast TE. basically if you double team moss, welker, stalworth and watson will kill you. if you single-cover moss and try to rush brady, moss kills you. and this is without maroney, the feature RB, who comes back next week i think.
Then they were moving him around like crazy looking for mismatches in coverage. He was running people over lining up on the weakside tight end position. He's short but is very built for a receiver. He was running tight end crossing routes across the middle when Moss would go deep and take all the coverage with him. He would split the zones that go with the Cowboys 3-4 defense. Go deep and the underneath coverage is widened leaving too much room to be covered by linebackers who just aren't fast enough. We do that with Witten constantly. It's one of our trademarks. Send T.O. and Patrick Creighton deep and put Witten and the other tight end on short to medium slant or crossing routes across the middle for 5-15 yards a play. That's how we came back last week. Plus that's how I punish fools on Madden. Then I break them with either deep routes with the third string receiver or with shotgun formation running plays.

plus richard seymour is coming back on D in a week or two. and he's ridiculously good.

the only reason i am still wary of the colts is peyton manning. like brady, you just can't ever count on stopping him. you might, but much more likely you won't. well, that and the fact that we play them in indy.

Good luck on the Colts game. I still think you have that one in the bag. It won't be easy.

I can't wait until week 8 when we get Tank. We signed him after Chicago dropped him after he thugged out and got busted for carrying guns and fighting at clubs. Jerry Jones likes guys like that so he signed him. He was a big part of Chicago's crushing defense from last year. Plus next week we get our #2 receiver back from injured reserve.

SlavikSvensk
17-10-2007, 03:40 PM
so what's up with the jawing, snooch?

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1038558

278d7e64a374de26f==