PDA

View Full Version : techno promotion general

Veber
15-10-2007, 04:20 PM
What forum are these topics discussed? Here? is there another thread i can find?

topics discussed: open forum on.....

1.local (my town here) promotion of techno music (maybe electronica general)
2.event space owner negotiation strategies
3.dj / staff negotiation strategies
4.budget concerns
5.general discussion on u.s.a. promotion

and for smart-ass bloggers - im fully aware that a huge "money" fund would alleviate many "problems" with this....

thanks!

adam - hard techno / techno / deep techno / dark techno / ambient techno / dj/production

clubsynthetic
15-10-2007, 04:24 PM
yeah i would imagine you'd just make a thread for them topics in this techno forum if its about techno, naw?

dan the acid man
15-10-2007, 04:51 PM
yeah don't see any other section of the forum being a better place than this one

Veber
15-10-2007, 05:39 PM
TOPIC: Dance music production in USA - Europe's ability to promote dance music vs. USA's unability

It's about techno yes- preferably dark hard audio assualtness. Dance music secondarily.

Wanted to get an idea how Europe made “electronica-dance” so popular? What part of your culture festers this interest more than USA? Here - our radio stations and MTV play a big role. They NEVER play dance music (unless you’re in nyc,florida, or LA or other BIG capital metro areas). and getting them to play it is too hard because of the money. What do you guys do over there? and for successful "rural" market promoters in USA - what is your local market strategies?

sorry for such cold words but..im in work mode today.

adam

Mucky Beats
15-10-2007, 07:31 PM
in uk now we have no techno on big radio really or deffo tv .. i mean you go odd thing but verry little ... then round rest of europe techno is all over radio and tv in some counrtys. I think techno is so well known in europe because of the 90's boom and it was all over the place due to the "raves" that even dominated our papers atimes ...as they say any pr is good pr! I think harder techno (i.e. not minimal) in uk is unlikely it will ever be as big clubwise as it was but nore will any dance musice but seems to of stopped droping in numbers and seems to of has leveled out club wise, it will always be a "underground" market. that said pr is all internet and pr ground work flyering and speaking to people as can never do to much also radio time is good like we got last techno experiment on radio 1 and glaxay... i carnt commet on usa as never been but so i have been told by djs i know who play or played there a main issue is police clamp downs and hard laws on clubs and this will always have knock on effects ...truth is tho in uk techno aint the force it was and even tho there are still healthy line ups that may make it look big over hear not all events are pulling big crowds which is a shame but feel its not per say what country your in but more area and reputaion as think so many techno heads are sick of going to empty clubs and so you gotta really work your pr and reputaion to make sure you get the crowds that really are out there just verry choosey which is understandible.

278d7e64a374de26f==