PDA

View Full Version : Feedback appreciated.

Nomak
15-10-2007, 10:34 PM
This is the first time I have had a go at producing a track in about 5 years now, and this is the closest I have got to finishing one. I bought a new laptop and now a soundcard so I thought I would have another go.

I am basically looking for any feedback on the structure, sounds, feel, mix and eq. I am a complete novice so any help is good.

I also apologise for the low volume of the mp3, its not the best quality.

Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?2n9fytdna0r

Nomak
17-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Ok, I didnt read the post before about downloadable files. I have now read it, and I have a url that should stream the audio to your browser.

I dont have an artist name as I am just trying to learn how to produce, so I have just used my blackout audio user name, I dont have a name for the track really, so I have called it track 2.

I am using these as a basis for learning to produce so any help is more than welcome. I have listened to a lot of tunes on here and they all sound pretty good so I trust your judgement.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/17/1517320/Nomak%20-%20Track2.mp3

Cheers

rhythmtech
17-10-2007, 10:01 AM
ideas are quite nice. although im not a huge fan of the hard panning you've used on the stab. makes things a little dis-jointed.

over all production is very hard to judge as the file quality is very low but it does sound a little "honky" on the lower end. maybe fatten it up and cut the low mids a bit.

overall not a bad effort after not having produced for so long.

Nomak
17-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi, thanks for taking the time to listen.

I will try to sort the problem with the bottom end out. I remember it was a major problem for me before, as is eqing.

I guess it doesnt help that I only have my dj headphones hd25's to use at the moment.

What would you suggest doing with the stab? I used the hard panning thing really because I saw it on a tutorial video and wanted to experiment to see what it was like.

Cheers

rhythmtech
17-10-2007, 10:28 AM
personnaly i would kep it dead centre but add a stereo widener (such as wideboy) as its a main element of the track

Nomak
17-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Well thanks again, I checked that plugin out and its quite cheap, I geuss around £15 so I might buy that.

I have another question if you dont mind? Will that stereo enhancement plugin work on a mono sample?

If so does it work by applying frequency damping, volume difference and timing delay and splitting the mono signal? Does it need to be used on stereo track?

rhythmtech
17-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Well thanks again, I checked that plugin out and its quite cheap, I geuss around £15 so I might buy that.

I have another question if you dont mind? Will that stereo enhancement plugin work on a mono sample?

If so does it work by applying frequency damping, volume difference and timing delay and splitting the mono signal? Does it need to be used on stereo track?

yup it needs a stereo track. but you cut easily make your mono track stereo in an audio editor

278d7e64a374de26f==