here are

baltimore at BUFFALO
minnesota at DALLAS
TAMPA BAY at detroit
NEW ENGLAND at miami
atlanta at NEW ORLEANS
san francisco at NYGIANTS
arizona at WASHINGTON
tenessee at HOUSTON (if vince young isn't playing)
nyjets at CINCINATTI (this one could go either way, both underachievers)
KANSAS CITY at oakland
chicago at PHILLY
st. louis at SEATTLE
PITTSBURGH at denver

and going out on a limb here...

indianapolis at JACKSONVILLE

snooch
19-10-2007, 06:20 AM
dammit, 8-5 last week.

Colts trounce Miami
the Saints beat Atlanta
Giants beat Frisco
Texans beat Titans
Baltimore beats Bills
Washington beats Arizona
Tampa beats Detroit
I flipped a coin and it says it's a 0-0 tie between Oakland and KC Seriously, KC wins.
Bengals beat Jets
Dallas beats Minnesota
Philly Stomps Chicago
Seattle beats St. Louis
Pittsburg beats Denver
Indy beats Jax in a close one Monday night

SlavikSvensk
19-10-2007, 04:03 PM
there are a few teams you jst don't know what you're going to get with:

kansas city
philly
seattle
new orleans

snooch
19-10-2007, 07:26 PM
a box of f*cking chocolates. I mean Philly loses one week quite meekly then comes back the next week and absolutely slaughters Detroit then loses again the next week. Jekyll and Hyde syndrome. KC? Poor coaching plain and simple. A lack of motivation for a passably talented team. There's no excuse for Larry Johnston not to get 125 yards a game. He's a stud on a poorly led team. Seattle? I have no clue as to what their woes are. Holmgren is a good coach, they have a good defense, a good offense and a good special teams. WTF? Why are they not in the top 5 of the NFC? New Orleans? No clue. Maybe it has something to do with complacency in their stunning performance and turnaround last year and the realization that they have to work as hard at it this year as they did in the past. Plus it might have something to do with the fact that they had an incredibly easy schedule last year and their performance dictated their much harder schedule this year. WHo knows. I'm sure it is a multitude of factors in all these cases.

herman
20-10-2007, 01:20 AM
On the road again this week so going to miss the games yet again.

anyway,

Baltimore at Buffalo
minnesota at DALLAS
Tampa Bay at Detroit
NEW ENGLAND at miami
atlanta at NEW ORLEANS
san francisco at NYGIANTS
arizona at WASHINGTON
tenessee at HOUSTON
nyjets at CINCINATTI
Kansas at OAKLAND
CHICAGO at Philly
st. louis at SEATTLE
PITTSBURGH at denver
indianapolis at JACKSONVILLE (agree on this one Slav I think Indi will struggle against a power running game as decent as there Defence is its small and quick but not great against a power smash mouth game.)

SlavikSvensk
20-10-2007, 03:02 AM
paul, what are your picks for balt/buffalo and tamp bay/detroit?

as for indy-jacksonville...well, the jags are really good (i'd say as good as pittsburgh), at home and always play well against indy. i think they won this game last year 44-10

herman
20-10-2007, 09:25 AM
BALTIMORE - Buffalo
Tampa - DETROIT

I really have to sort this out thats the third week in a row I have screwed up writing in capitals. :)

Sam_Horam
21-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Baltimore at BUFFALO
Minnesota at DALLAS
TAMPA BAY at Detroit
NEW ENGLAND at Miami
Atlanta at NEW ORLEANS
San Francisco at NEW YORK GIANTS
Arizona at WASHINGTON
Tennessee at HOUSTON
New York Jets at CINCINATTI
KANSAS CITY at Oakland
Chicago at PHILADELPHIA
St. Louis at SEATTLE
PITTSBURGH at Denver
Indianapolis at JACKSONVILLE

SlavikSvensk
22-10-2007, 12:28 AM
nice win for the bills, sam!

this is my best week so far...9-3 going into the sunday night game

Sam_Horam
22-10-2007, 07:56 PM
nice win for the bills, sam!

this is my best week so far...9-3 going into the sunday night game

I'm 9-4 after yesterday's games. think we had exactly the same picks!

Great win for the Bills. We've had loads of close ones so far. Just nice to actually win one for a change. I've got some optimism with Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch having good potential.

If we can build towards the end of the season then maybe next year might be the start of our upwards slope...

On another point, New England look unbelievable - I make it that Tom Brady is on course for 61 touchdowns at this rate..

SlavikSvensk
22-10-2007, 08:57 PM
On another point, New England look unbelievable - I make it that Tom Brady is on course for 61 touchdowns at this rate..

from 2002-2006, his five full years as a starter (not counting 2001 when he only started 14 games), each year he completed 60-64% of his passes for 3500-4200 yards, 23-28 TDs and 12-14 INTs, passer rating of 85-93.

pretty consistent. but all that time he never had more than decent receivers, and only had a top-notch running game 1 of those years.

this year he;s on course to complete 74% of his passes for 4800 yards, 62 TDs, 5 INTs for a 138 passer rating.

unreal!

snooch
22-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Tom Brady is an instant, no debate candidate into the Hall Of Fame. They don't come better than that. I've been watching New England games just to watch what astounding feats he and Moss are doing now. Insane in the membrane.

SlavikSvensk
22-10-2007, 09:37 PM
yeah, i think watching brady and manning now is maybe even better than watching montana and marino back in the 1980s, not because the QBs are more talented, but because they are:

a) more evenly matched in achievements (marino was mr. stats but never won an SB; montana was the super bowl king but didn't break any major records). peyton won his super bowl last year, while tom may break all the single-season records aside from marino's total yards one.

b) it's much, much harder to put together a dominant team now than it was then. as much talent as the pats and colts have, they can't stack the team like the 49ers did. my guess is that the extreme success of manning and brady has almost as much to do with their incredible work ethics as talent.

snooch
23-10-2007, 05:14 AM
That's one reason why I don't like the free agent system. The lack of the ability to make a dynasty. The only team that has figured this out is the Patriots. There are teams that do consistently well, but none are guaranteed to make it to the second round of the playoffs even if they are having an off year. Except for the Pats.

BTW- 9-5 this past week.

SlavikSvensk
23-10-2007, 06:48 AM
i'd add the colts to that. they've made it to the afc championship game each of the past three years, with one sb. that's pretty consistent.

snooch
23-10-2007, 12:36 PM
True.

SlavikSvensk
23-10-2007, 04:48 PM
they looked good last night. heard someone on espn say pats-colts right now is like 49ers-cowboys in the 1990s.

278d7e64a374de26f==