PDA

View Full Version : self teaching

davemoore
19-10-2007, 11:25 PM
im thinking of hanging up the decks and record boxes and start thinking about getting into producing ..
i hear people go on courses but can it be done to self teach on many of the programs used and what starter programs would you advise..
many thanks

tonyc2002
19-10-2007, 11:40 PM
im thinking of hanging up the decks and record boxes and start thinking about getting into producing ..
i hear people go on courses but can it be done to self teach on many of the programs used and what starter programs would you advise..
many thanks

from my own experience i can say that the course i took gave me a massive boost in my skills and knowledge. it makes such a difference to have someone there to explain in detail about (for example) how a compressor works and more importantly why they are used...

christian wagner
20-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Take a course man, you get to learn from people who have been in the industry and know what there on about, they give un-biased opinions and give you loadsa help.

RDR
20-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Take a course man, you get to learn from people who have been in the industry and know what there on about, they give un-biased opinions and give you loadsa help.

Sorry christian i think thats a load of rubbish.

They MIGHT have spent time in the industry, and they certainly WONT give you unbiased opinion.

Let me repeat what i said in the other thread

Going to college for music tech is a waste of time.

Going to college for traditional music is WAY better.

If you want to learn, practice, go spend time making tea for a producer you know.

tonyc2002
20-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Sorry christian i think thats a load of rubbish.

They MIGHT have spent time in the industry, and they certainly WONT give you unbiased opinion.

Let me repeat what i said in the other thread

Going to college for music tech is a waste of time.

Going to college for traditional music is WAY better.

If you want to learn, practice, go spend time making tea for a producer you know.

sorry mate but i have to disagree with that. not the unbiased thing because i encountered that quite alot especially when it comes to "traditional" musicianship vs electronic music but i personally learned loads :)

Barely Human
20-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I did 2 college courses in music technology, and i had already self taught myself more than i learnt on the corses. I think you have to choose the right course at the right place to get the best results.

278d7e64a374de26f==