PDA

View Full Version : 303 ABUSE (Somatics/Chris Lib/Traffik/Rackitt)

nekro
23-10-2007, 02:56 PM
London has a rich history in acid music and this special one-off event will re-create the sound and atmosphere from the acid parties of the nineties.

The finest free party and pirate radio DJs from London join forces with a live act from Belgium and another legendary act from Wales to deliver the ultimate fix in 303 mayhem.

Extreme sound reinforcement will be supplied by London's leading free party sound system MANIK, who will be using...FUNKTION-ONE!!!!!

Drop the Bomb promotions proudly presents…

http://drop-the-bomb.co.uk/image/303_Abuse_flyer_front_72dpi.jpg

http://drop-the-bomb.co.uk/image/303_Abuse_flyer_reverse_72dpi.jpg

303 ABUSE: With Intent To Distort
Sat 29th Dec 2007
22:00 - 06:00
£7 adv / £10 otd

The Annexe
Unit1
9 Brighton Terrace
Brixton
London
SW9 8DJ
(0207) 7372095

Oldskool Acid / Acid Techno/ Hardcore Techno / Acidcore

15K FUNKTION-ONE system!! (no sound limits)

SOMATIC RESPONSES – live

http://drop-the-bomb.co.uk/image/Somatics2.jpg

(Cross-Fade/Shockwave/Agent Orange/IST Recs/Network 23/Praxis/Six Sixty Six/Drop Bass Network/UFO)

For this event only, the brothers John and Paul Healy, collectively known throughout the world as Somatic Responses, will be performing an exclusive acidcore set. Remixing their early works and also presenting new and unreleased hard acid tracks in the original Somatics style. Brutal, uncompromising and most of all intelligent acid music of the highest order - not to be missed!

CHRIS LIBERATOR (Stay Up Forever)

http://drop-the-bomb.co.uk/image/Chris_Lib1.jpg

He regularly plays throughout the UK, Europe and most of the world with the other Liberator DJs. He was one of the first western DJs to work in the former iron curtain states and to pioneer the acid techno sound there. Chris will be playing an extra hard set for this party!

STOORNIS - live (Narcosis, Belgium)

http://drop-the-bomb.co.uk/image/Stoornis1.jpg

At the end of 2004 Narcosis was born, a small party organisation, based in Ghent, with a simple mission: bringing back the sound that was once called acid and combine it with a firm dose of musical violence. Stoornis is a 4 man live project that comes from the womb of the Narcosis party collective. These 4 individuals have different musical backgrounds that vary from metalcore/hardcore to electronic styles such as techno, hardcore, gabber & drum n bass. The sound can be described as mixture of hard acid with a touch of tekno and hardcore. They strongly believe in the strength of the TB303 accompanied by a blasting kick-drum, twisting percussion and whatever they find useful for a live set.

TRAFFIK (Energy FM)

http://drop-the-bomb.co.uk/image/Traffik.jpeg

London’s finest hardcore techno DJ digs deep into his vast record collection to pull out some distorted 303 sounds. Expect a dark brooding journey of obscure and forgotten classics.

GORDIE (Underground Sound)

A legend from the free party scene in London and a regular DJ on Underground Sound and Manik sound systems.

SADIA (Energy FM)

Sadia made his name on London’s only dedicated underground techno pirate radio station, Energy FM. Also playing for Deviance sound system and club nights such as Disturbance.

RACHEL RACKITT (Stay Up Forever)

1996 saw her play her first gigs on the free party scene with support from acid techno stalwarts, Aaron and Chris Liberator, both of whom introduced her to the Immersion sound system crew. Over the next few years she was invited to play on other various reputable sound systems, such as Virus and Bedlam, before moving on to join the London squat party collectives Underground Sound, Restless Natives and Manik. Her style, hard edged, techno/ acid techno has taken her throughout the country playing clubs, festivals and the more infamous Teknivals.

NEKRO (Drop The Bomb)

Illegal warehouse party survivor who has been spinning the darker side of acid and hardcore in London, Holland and Germany for over ten years now.

late licensed bar – drinks promotions - chill out area – fully air-conditioned – friendly security – lasers - strobe lighting

Advance tickets can be purchased from www.TICKETWEB.co.uk or

Kinetec Records, 1C Darnley Street, Hackney, London. E9 6QH.
+44 (0) 20 8533 1717

Nearest British Rail / Underground station Brixton (2 min walk)

For more info and visit: www.drop-the-bomb.co.uk or www.myspace.com/dropthebombpromotions or e-mail: info@drop-the-bomb.co.uk

You can join the Facebook group here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19301201416

United Systems - Underground Sound - Manik - Virus - Immersion - Spiral Tribe - Mainline - Bedlam - Energy FM - Rampant - Disturbance – Hellraiser - World War 4 - Eurobeat 2000 - Acid Munchies - 0208 959 7525

Drop Bass Network - Djungle Fever - Industrial Strength - Stay Up Forever - Analog - Magnetic North - Cluster - Pounding Grooves - Kektex - Acid Planet - Eurk - Acid Orange - Direct Drive - Structure - DJax Up Beats - Experimental - Labworks - Routemaster - Kill Out - 100% Acideferous - Network 23 - Underground Resistance - Smitten - Plus 8 - Acid Assault – Cluster – PCP – Strobe Jams

If these names mean something to you then this a party you simply cannot miss!

nekro
13-11-2007, 11:14 AM
tickets on sale now :)

xes
13-11-2007, 11:25 AM
gonna cross refer this to the acid section,target audience n all that :)

looks nice and squelchy though :cool:

dirty_bass
13-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Well considering Manik are on of the reasons the Squat scene went so bad in london, I just can`t support this.

shame really, looks like a good party.

Athar
13-11-2007, 02:10 PM
looks very nice!
anyway i would like to know there will be any security on the party or something to fell safe. Heard too many times about violence problems on london squat parties. shame.

nekro
21-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Well considering Manik are on of the reasons the Squat scene went so bad in london, I just can`t support this.

shame really, looks like a good party.

wtf are you talking about??

anyway i would like to know there will be any security on the party or something to fell safe. Heard too many times about violence problems on london squat parties. shame.

>it's a legal party so there'll be security there.

don't believe the hype about everything you here about london free parties, most of it is bullshit

nekro
27-11-2007, 10:56 AM
up

nekro
03-12-2007, 10:53 AM
tickets now selling fast

speed-it-up
03-12-2007, 12:14 PM
wtf are you talking about??

>it's a legal party so there'll be security there.

don't believe the hype about everything you here about london free parties, most of it is bullshit

All the little robbing ****s were out at the last Family Groove I went to, dipping peoples pockets. That was in a club.

nekro
05-12-2007, 01:05 PM
All the little robbing ****s were out at the last Family Groove I went to, dipping peoples pockets. That was in a club.

i didn't see or hear of anyone robbing people at family groove. which one was this, marco remus or before?

dirty_bass
05-12-2007, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=speed-it-up;593021]All the little robbing ****s were out at the last Family Groove I went to, dipping peoples pockets. QUOTE]

We used to call them Manik crew.
Some things never change.

speed-it-up
05-12-2007, 02:01 PM
i didn't see or hear of anyone robbing people at family groove. which one was this, marco remus or before?

One where Beltram played

Caught one red handed with his hand in my girlfriend's bag.

They were doing it on the stairs at the end when everyone left too.

Crew in question turns a blind eye without doubt.

nekro
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=speed-it-up;593021]All the little robbing ****s were out at the last Family Groove I went to, dipping peoples pockets. QUOTE]

We used to call them Manik crew.
Some things never change.

they have nothing to do with the sound system, just low lifes that frequent squat parties. i think you'd find more muggings and moody behaviour at a large happy hardcore or drum n bass rave to be honest

dirty_bass
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Are you kidding?
Manik have a long standing reputation for bad business.
Ask pretty much any soundsystem that has worked with them over the last 10 years.
You can`t play with a snake and be surprised when it bites you.

All the acts at this party should be cool never the less, but having well known dodgey types supplying sound, not the best advert.

xes
06-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I dunno man,the london squat scene is notoriously bad. Virtually everyone I know who goes to them has either been robbed,or someone's tried. Someone tried with me at one in old street,but they didn't get far. I've had mates take mates along who've never been to one before,one of them got thrown down some stairs and had everything took,including his shoes!!

I've heard the rumours about some systems taking cut from the gangs,as has everyone else. It's a ****ed up situation,and I can't see it getting better. The london squat scene is truly ****ed. I won't go to them anymore cos I don't feel safe at them,not like I used to. People used to look out for eachother and stop trouble before it started,now no one gives a f*ck.

[/rant over]

sorry,bit pissed and stoned,kind of went off on one.

this was in reply to nekro,sorry,got sidetracked midway through the post.

xes
06-12-2007, 01:30 PM
anyway,this is in a club,and hopefully will be sound.

Anyone know what the bouncers are like in this club?

nekro
06-12-2007, 08:49 PM
just to clear things up, this event will be held in a well established licensed venue with security. nobody who has been seen causing trouble at squat parties will be allowed inside the venue. the sound is being supplied by one maybe 2 people from manik who no longer live in the country (they are a professional company now), not a whole crew of people from squat parties.

maybe the problem with family groove was that they let loads of people in on the guestlist so some undesirable people turned up. this event will not attract the same clientel, we have people coming over from germany, holland, france and belgium and loads of london crew from the underground club nights and free parties 1995-2000, original acid heads.

xes
07-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Me and a few of my mates will still be there,can't miss that much acid.

(unless I go to Munt and mash up my head)

xes
08-12-2007, 11:21 AM
There's a venue change for this,it's now at the telegraph on Brixton hill :)

nekro
28-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Main Room:

10 - 11:00 Rackitt (Oldskool Acid)
11 - 12:00 Gordie (Acid Techno)
12 - 01:00 Nekro (Hard Acid / Acidcore)
01 - 02:00 Stoornis - live (Acidcore)
02 - 03:00 Traffik (Acidcore / Hardcore Techno)
03 - 04:00 Somatic Responses - live (Acidcore)
04 - 05:00 Sadia (Acidcore / Hardcore Techno)
05 - 06:00 Chris Liberator (Acid Techno)

Bar Area:

DJs playing the best in oldschool house, techno and PCP clsssics

conor256
29-12-2007, 01:11 PM
well ... id love to go to this if i was in london..... good luck with it.....

xes
29-12-2007, 06:41 PM
ready to roll :cool:

xes
30-12-2007, 09:19 AM
that was proper ****ing twisted. Thanks Mr dtb

I am still spangled,so it's a spliff,then bed. Hope the squat party afterwards was rocking :cool:

nighty night

conor256
30-12-2007, 01:51 PM
wld love to hear some of the sets from this if they were recorded....

xes
30-12-2007, 03:55 PM
oh yes,nekro,please say that some stuff was recorded!! Somantic Response was something else.

I took someone with me who on the way,asked me what the acid in acid techno ment. She'd never even heard a screaming 303 before. And whilst she danced all night long to acidcore and hardcore,she loved Chris Liberators set.

so I'll have one of each please,with a side order of Gordies set :)

*drives to the next window*

nekro
31-12-2007, 01:42 AM
i'm really glad that people who understand proper underground acidcore appreciate how good the music was last night, i thought the belgiums were amazing

278d7e64a374de26f==