EAGLES vs Vikings
COLTS vs Carolina
Detroit vs. CHICAGO
PITTSBURGH vs. Cincy
Oakland vs. TITANS
JETS vs. Bills
SAN DIEGO vs. Houston
NEW ORLEANS vs. Frisco
Washington vs. NEW ENGLAND (lets get real here. Who actually thinks the skins can win this?)
DENVER vs. Green Bay

Sam_Horam
28-10-2007, 12:56 PM
CLEVELAND at St. Louis
NY GIANTS at Miami
PHILADELPHIA at Minnesota
INDIANAPOLIS at Carolina
Detroit at CHICAGO
PITTSBURGH vs Cincinnati
Oakland vs TENNESSEE
Jacksonville at TAMPA BAY
BUFFALO at NY Jets
Houston at SAN DIEGO
NEW ORLEANS at San Francisco
Washington at NEW ENGLAND
Green Bay at DENVER

herman
28-10-2007, 01:08 PM
CLEVELAND vs st. louis
NYGIANTS vs miami
philly vs MINNESOTA
INDIANAPOLIS vs carolina
detroit vs CHICAGO
PITTSBURGH vs cincinatti
oakland vs TENESSEE
JACKSONVILLE vs tampa bay
buffalo vs NYJETS
houston vs SAN DIEGO
NEW ORLEANS vs san francisco
washington vs NEW ENGLAND
greeen bay vs DENVER

snooch
28-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I forgot to add JACKSONVILLE vs Tampa Bay. In before the first game started.

SlavikSvensk
28-10-2007, 03:37 PM
i see i'm the only one who thinks green bay will win at denver. fair play, probably a bad pick on my part. but seemed worth the risk

snooch
28-10-2007, 05:20 PM
You could be right, but Denver seems to have less problems than Green Bay does at the moment. Injuries too.

SlavikSvensk
28-10-2007, 05:24 PM
jeeesus, what's up with carolina and indy? carolina up 7-0 and has the ball in indy territory already

Sam_Horam
29-10-2007, 08:51 AM
10 - 2 for me going into tonight's game.

Although I think most people did very well this week - not many shocks.

The New England - Washington game was a bit of a joke. Washington might as well have not turned up. Don't think Joe Gibbs has ever been so embarassed by his team...

herman
29-10-2007, 10:14 AM
The Patriots are on pace to smash just about every offensive record going at the moment I mean Washington's defence was ranked 5th going into last night and the spread was 16 and they covered by 29 thats just unheard of. The way they are running up scores against everyone leads me to believe they are going to try and go 16-0 as well. A very special team indeed Im just a bit sick my guys play in the AFC as well :)

snooch
29-10-2007, 03:43 PM
The average win margin has been 28. That's insane. They beat people by an average of 4 touchdowns. Next week they play Indianapolis. I just requested off work to be able to see that one.

10-2 going into monday night. The Bills and Detroit tripped me up.

snooch
29-10-2007, 03:53 PM
You know what I just figured out? Detroit is 5-2. WTF? How'd they sneak a good record into the mix? So is Tennessee. And Vince Young isn't performing up to his hype. It's due to solid play on the rest of his team. And Stephen Jackson from St. Louis is a waste of his salary. Worst rushing game in the NFL. That can't be all due to a porous offensive line.

SlavikSvensk
29-10-2007, 04:42 PM
The Patriots are on pace to smash just about every offensive record going at the moment I mean Washington's defence was ranked 5th going into last night and the spread was 16 and they covered by 29 thats just unheard of. The way they are running up scores against everyone leads me to believe they are going to try and go 16-0 as well. A very special team indeed Im just a bit sick my guys play in the AFC as well :)

oh they are DEFINITELY going to try to go 16-0, provided they beat indianapolis. if they lose, they will just try to win out in order to have the AFC championship played in Foxboro :)

this article says it all

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3084539

That's exactly what the Patriots are doing. They are executing everyone. Next stop is Indianapolis.

Hide the kids.

drift9
29-10-2007, 05:36 PM
My initial reaction to the Pats running up scores was disgust. I'm a big college football guy and in college ball that sht just doesn't fly at all. But the more I think about it, the more I'm delighted by how pissed off Belichick got by losing a first rounder and this is basically his revenge on the entire NFL. Good stuff.

Just a bummer that my Giants have to play them at the end of the year, and the way this is going, home field clinched or not, the Pats are walking on to the field to destroy. Scary team.

SlavikSvensk
29-10-2007, 05:44 PM
My initial reaction to the Pats running up scores was disgust. I'm a big college football guy and in college ball that sht just doesn't fly at all. But the more I think about it, the more I'm delighted by how pissed off Belichick got by losing a first rounder and this is basically his revenge on the entire NFL. Good stuff.

Just a bummer that my Giants have to play them at the end of the year, and the way this is going, home field clinched or not, the Pats are walking on to the field to destroy. Scary team.

:laughing: i went through the same process.

pats are my team. i'm used to being the underdog. now we're the yankees, 1990s cowboys and 1980s 49ers rolled into one. and i love it!

belichick is basically darth vader. how long until they start playing the empire strikes back music as he puts the hood up?

(and drift...i disagree about college ball. running up the score is common in college http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_up_the_score)

SlavikSvensk
29-10-2007, 06:30 PM
10-2 also btw

drift9
29-10-2007, 07:03 PM
:
(and drift...i disagree about college ball. running up the score is common in college http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_up_the_score)

i didn't say uncommon. my meaning was that it was looked down upon more sternly (doesn't fly). as these are students, not paid atheletes, why risk injuring one student to humiliate another student? look no further than rutgers and their disgusting display against navy for this.

SlavikSvensk
29-10-2007, 07:08 PM
running up the score is not very sporting, agreed.

but it can be very funny. as much as i hate OSU and woody hayes, and us being the punching bag in question, that quote about why he went for 2 when up by more than 30 was hilarious: "because i couldn't go for 3."

drift9
29-10-2007, 07:34 PM
running up the score is not very sporting, agreed.

but it can be very funny. as much as i hate OSU and woody hayes, and us being the punching bag in question, that quote about why he went for 2 when up by more than 30 was hilarious: "because i couldn't go for 3."
LOL! guy was a classic.

another favorite of mine is the opposite of running up the score. daring the other team to score instead. happened in the OSU vs. Michigan game in the early 1900s. Michigan was up something 30 to zip in the first half. Beginning of the second half they proceeded to punt the ball on every first down.
That's a big old middle finger to the opposing team's offense. OSU didn't score in the second half. too bad the balance of power seems to have shifted mightily in the other direction since then....

SlavikSvensk
29-10-2007, 07:42 PM
not that mightily. they've won 4 out of the last 5, but we won 5 out of the last 6 before. it shifts. could shift again this year. they're paper tigers

drift9
29-10-2007, 09:23 PM
not that mightily. they've won 4 out of the last 5, but we won 5 out of the last 6 before. it shifts. could shift again this year. they're paper tigers

as much as i'd like to say your right, i disagree. that d is fast. and that offense made penn's d look like fools this weekend.

SlavikSvensk
29-10-2007, 09:29 PM
note: we also made penn st. look like fools.

conclusion: they're fools.

SlavikSvensk
29-10-2007, 09:39 PM
maybe belichick retires after this year and we hire him to replace lloyd carr...

snooch
30-10-2007, 03:55 AM

conclusion: they're fools.I'll make sure my wife reads this and spits vitriol in your direction, she got her bachelors and masters from Penn State. You're in trouble Slav, she can send bad vibes through the internet. If you cough or feel ill in the next few days, you know why. :laughing:

drift9
30-10-2007, 02:01 PM

conclusion: they're fools.

nope. penn state d is the good. it's their offense (looking at you morelli) that is inept.

SlavikSvensk
30-10-2007, 03:46 PM
i don't think too highly of them, and really don't tend to. they haven't been competitive in the big ten since 1997.

278d7e64a374de26f==