PDA

View Full Version : ATOMIC JAM

subsonic
02-12-2003, 08:40 AM
what do you think of atomic jam parties
i personally have had many a wicked night there
i remember comin out of the main arena where DAVE CLARKE had just rocked the floor and i had a bit of a look around and walked into the big beat/drum and bass room and LTJ BUKEM was playing he maid my night complete with the intelagent sounds he was playing i tell you he would have rock the main room too ;) the diffarent soundz could deffo work in the same place :cool:

Esox Lucius
02-12-2003, 12:30 PM
I have had some great nights at AJ.

subsonic
02-12-2003, 12:40 PM
the best one i remember going to was at the que club and they had a mini market in the bar at the back selling recs horns bracelets and the music was awesome as well but the place was buzzin ;) :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
02-12-2003, 12:59 PM
jam is a good party atmos. but go to the HOg and thats where things really get started!!!!

duncandisorderly
02-12-2003, 04:55 PM
i find the party vibe and the peoples attitudes are better at the jam. i used to go to hog a lot but got fed up of being told i had sold out by playing for the jam. the house of god does have a good music policy - but can be a little intense at times.

eyes without a face
02-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Atomic Jam @ the Q club cannot be beaten. The atmosphere at every AJ is fantastic, but @ the Q everything comes together so well, the crowd is one of the best you could ask for and they certainly know how to have a good time. Ive been going to Atomic Jam for years now and it simply cannot be beaten imo.

ampassasinbirmingham
02-12-2003, 08:23 PM
you going NYE scott or you going voodoo?

kebabman
02-12-2003, 08:27 PM
i used to go to hog a lot but got fed up of being told i had sold out by playing for the jam.

There does seem to be a difference of opinion as to which night is the more "authentic". All bollocks really as each night has a different agenda. Duncan, pay no heed to the chinstrokers! What really get's on my tits about this is why the punters of two different Techno nights are so intent on slagging each other off they forget that Brum is being taken over by a load of scummy Kevs hell bent on turning our fine city into a Speed Garage utopia / Hard House Hell! What the **** is wrong with the kids of today??? Mind you I think the Jam could do with a kick up the arse.
P.S. My favourite Jam moment is when the Liberators played (97) in one of the back rooms and dropped Amphetamine. Quality......

eyes without a face
02-12-2003, 09:31 PM
im going to Voodoo mate, my Dj partner Brendan Long is playing so it would be very rude of me not too, plus the jam lineup hasnt really bitten me this time, id luv to b there to cheer on Ade and Chris, and Mark of course, but Marco Bailey and Steve Bicknell really dont do it for me at all

basslinejunkie
02-12-2003, 09:50 PM
thought voodoo had closed down?!?

eyes without a face
02-12-2003, 09:54 PM
they are having a special 10th anniversary NYE party, and rumour has it that if things go well we could see a return of the legend that is Voodoo

EmotionComplex
02-12-2003, 10:10 PM
they are having a special 10th anniversary NYE party, and rumour has it that if things go well we could see a return of the legend that is Voodoo

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

steve shiels still gonna be resident?

djfurness
03-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Aj is a beast like.......ive been @ que club,sanctuary & code and it was great every time........new year line up is crap though....cant be bothered..........

Esox Lucius
03-12-2003, 10:18 AM
i wouldnt say mark broom & chris finke are crap! but I agree it could be better.

The Overfiend
03-12-2003, 02:51 PM
First off Dwony Thats a f*cking avatar!
and does anyone got a link to more atomic jam mixes?

Esox Lucius
03-12-2003, 02:58 PM
First off Dwony Thats a f*cking avatar!
and does anyone got a link to more atomic jam mixes?

I'm lovin my avatar too! :cool:

Jack S
03-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Atomic jam is a rather wicked night. Though since its lost the q club as a home the nights have lacked abit of atmosphere especially at the sanctuary.

And as for the debate of which night is better (HOG or JAM). Yes, it really doesnt matter its all personal opinion. I probbably prefer the HOG because i like the darker, industrial side of techno but that doesnt mean i turn my nose up at the jam.

As for new years id rather not see bailey, but broom and finke are well worth watchin when its only round the corner.

subsonic
03-12-2003, 04:28 PM
the q club was the bollucks amazing place when jam was on :love:

278d7e64a374de26f==