PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Player In The Prem

Microdot
01-11-2007, 12:13 AM
who do you think is the toughest player in the premiership at the moment.

I reckon it's pretty tough to call. it used to be easy when Duncan Disorderly was still around, and after that Keano.

but if you were to dig a pit and put em all in bare knuckle boxing, who do you think would emerge the victor?

Esox Lucius
01-11-2007, 07:26 AM
rooney. reckon he would be a handy lad.

Numeric
01-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Nev, no question :cheese:

french_og
01-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Being the toughest in the English league nowadays is nothing major with the amount of fanny foreigners there now. I can't think of anyone - John Terry maybe...

Eddowion
01-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Got to agree, those pikeys are as tough as hell.:laughing:

Microdot
01-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Rooney was the first name sprung to my mind, but Wes Brown is supposed to be pretty handy too.

french_og
01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Fannies all of them .. get them on a Rugby field and we'll see how hard they are...

Microdot
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Fannies all of them .. get them on a Rugby field and we'll see how hard they are...

one of the biggest falacies in sport imo.

Rooney and Wes Brown are both supposed to be pretty good boxers, so I reckon a game of rugger bugger wouldnt be that taxing on em.

Duncan Ferguson would probably have knocked most rugby players out before they knew what hit em.

although I admit, most footballers couldn't handle the post match anal play enjoyed by so many rugby players around the world (except Ashley Cole and Jermaine Jennas of course).

rhythmtech
01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
most footballers couldn't handle the post match anal play enjoyed by so many rugby players around the world (except Ashley Cole and Jermaine Jennas of course).

they're at it during the match aswell... dirty bastards!

anyway, riise is pretty handy aswell.

Insomnia
01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
At present i cant think of many in the Premiership...

Going back abit i loved the days when Vieira and Keano were at each other though, added that extra spice to the encounter...

I'll not forget D.Ferguson jailed up here for a headbutt while playing for the Gers...

fatcollective
01-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Toughest player in the prem has got to be this nutter!! Thomas Gravesen!!

http://mural.uv.es/corfran/especial_gravesen_foto2.jpg

aaarrrggghhh!!!!

basslinejunkie
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
carragher.

Will
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, Gravesen looks pretty handy. But it'd probably go to Drogba or John Terry or someone, Rooney would get battered by someone like that, he's too short.

If it was sumo wrestling then probably Frank Lampard or Harry Kewell... probably Kewell.

But of course I'm sure most Rugby players could have most football players, I mean one of the England players can bench about 34 stone and could knock out anyone with one punch (if he caught them right).

Esox Lucius
01-11-2007, 04:45 PM
riise is pretty handy aswell.

big ginger pubed fanny

Microdot
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, Gravesen looks pretty handy. But it'd probably go to Drogba or John Terry or someone, Rooney would get battered by someone like that, he's too short.

If it was sumo wrestling then probably Frank Lampard or Harry Kewell... probably Kewell.

But of course I'm sure most Rugby players could have most football players, I mean one of the England players can bench about 34 stone and could knock out anyone with one punch (if he caught them right).

Rooney could probably beat both those dudes up at the same time.

nick_anarchy
01-11-2007, 06:04 PM
just lookin at teves puts most off haha

rooney was a quality up and coming boxer before he put his mind fully to football being small aint a problem i could see him gettin stuck in when it counts ...

as for hard men football style vidic aint no mug nor is carragher

djfase
01-11-2007, 07:15 PM
terry hurlock.

Cant think of anyone today, tho big dunc ferguson is a good shout. Animal

Numeric
01-11-2007, 07:18 PM
carragher is a fanny...

Richierush
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
carragher :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Frank Dogshit
03-11-2007, 03:59 AM
http://images.teamtalk.com/07/02/190/Samba_201770.jpg

Esox Lucius
03-11-2007, 06:58 AM
big cunt samba like

carragher :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Will
03-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Rooney could probably beat both those dudes up at the same time.

I somehow doubt it! They're both about 6'4, so they could outrange him and I'm sure they're stronger than him too, I mean Drogba's ripped to **** as well as a big guy.

Microdot
04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I somehow doubt it! They're both about 6'4, so they could outrange him and I'm sure they're stronger than him too, I mean Drogba's ripped to **** as well as a big guy.

yeah. I forgot that height = toughness.
for example, Frank Bruno's extra height and reach and more toned physique was simply too much for little Mike Tyson wasn't it..

and that Bruce Lee fella at 5'7" was a giant of a man.

french_og
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I remember Colleymore thought he was a tough guy and Mike Tindell of England and Gloucester laid him out cold with one punch in a bar in London after Colleymore got chopsy and squared up to him.

Microdot
04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I remember Colleymore thought he was a tough guy and Mike Tindell of England and Gloucester laid him out cold with one punch in a bar in London after Colleymore got chopsy and squared up to him.

not sure what point this proves as no one's even mentioned Collymore as a potential hard man, though a gripping story nonetheless.

Will
05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
yeah. I forgot that height = toughness.
for example, Frank Bruno's extra height and reach and more toned physique was simply too much for little Mike Tyson wasn't it..

and that Bruce Lee fella at 5'7" was a giant of a man.

There wasn't that much between them though and Bruce Lee said he wouldn't want to fight Mohammad Ali, plus he was an actor, so you don't know how hard he really was.

Are you a short arse or something?

Will
05-11-2007, 05:16 PM
My mate suggested David James, he's a big guy and goal keepers are pretty brave. I reckon Toldo could handle himself as well, maybe Dida too, even if he is a cheat. Though they're not in the Prem of course. I don't reckon David James would do too well at sumo wrestling though, he'd probably go charging out the ring, missing his opponent completely!

Microdot
05-11-2007, 05:44 PM
There wasn't that much between them though and Bruce Lee said he wouldn't want to fight Mohammad Ali, plus he was an actor, so you don't know how hard he really was.

Are you a short arse or something?

lol. Tyson fcukin pasted Bruno, it was one of the most one sided heavyweight bouts in boxing history.

Bruce Lee was a martial artist first and an actor second. try googling his name to find out a little more about him as there ain't enough hours in the day to list his achievements here.

either way, I reckon Rooney would knock the shite out of both Drogba and Terry.
Drogba's writhing on the floor in agony at the mearest hint of contact. imagine what he'd be like if someone actually lamped him one.

french_og
06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Microdot - footballers are pussies, if you want to watch some real tough men play sport the Heniken Cup is on this weekend starting with Gloucster vs Ulster Friday night Skyports 2.... It will be an education for you..

Esox Lucius
06-11-2007, 09:42 AM
nah if you want to see proper hard men watch the GAA on setanta.

french_og
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I think i would use the word 'Nuts' for those players!!! Yeah hard ba*tards they are.. I seen a bit of it on Setanta the other day.

judas_beast
06-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Rooney?! hahaha, yeah he was a good boxer, so ****ing what? Zat Knight would get blasted on crack and tear him to ****ing pieces!

Frank Dogshit
06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
little robbie keane is meant to be hard lad.

can imagine he could hold his own in them bareknuckle gypsy fights.

Frank Dogshit
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
captions below... :)

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v156/250/33/736740037/n736740037_1581321_1253.jpg

Microdot
06-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Microdot - footballers are pussies, if you want to watch some real tough men play sport the Heniken Cup is on this weekend starting with Gloucster vs Ulster Friday night Skyports 2.... It will be an education for you..

not really interested in the relative hardness of footballers to other sports tbh. the thread is about who folk think is the toughest player in the premiership at the moment.

those of you interested in peanut cuddling can start your own thread about who the toughest egg chaser is if you like.
good luck with it and the 2 or 3 responses it'll get.

like I already said, all this "rugby players would knock shit out of em" stuff is largely a falacy anyway. can't think of a single rugby player who Duncan Ferguson or Norman Whiteside couldn't have beaten up.

Will
06-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, that's all speculation, but I'm sure most Rugby players could have those 2 to be honest, they weren't very big by Rugby standards.

As for Drogba, him play acting doesn't mean he couldn't handle himself if push came to shove.

Microdot
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, that's all speculation, but I'm sure most Rugby players could have those 2 to be honest, they weren't very big by Rugby standards.

As for Drogba, him play acting doesn't mean he couldn't handle himself if push came to shove.

fcukin ell, talk about missing the point. didn't name those two players cause of their size, named them cause they were known to be ****ing hard cunts off the pitch.

again, all this shit about rugby players being so ****in hard is bollocks. Barry McGuigan, Bruce Lee, Prince Naseem etc would all knock the utter shite out of 99.99% of rugby players, look how big they are.
anyway, as has already been established in a previous thread, rugby is for gayers.

as for Drogba, he's a big girl's blouse.

Eddowion
06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
captions below... :)

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v156/250/33/736740037/n736740037_1581321_1253.jpg
Oi'll tump ya in da gob, den ue'll have lips loik dis.

Will
08-11-2007, 07:13 PM
fcukin ell, talk about missing the point. didn't name those two players cause of their size, named them cause they were known to be ****ing hard cunts off the pitch.

again, all this shit about rugby players being so ****in hard is bollocks. Barry McGuigan, Bruce Lee, Prince Naseem etc would all knock the utter shite out of 99.99% of rugby players, look how big they are.
anyway, as has already been established in a previous thread, rugby is for gayers.

as for Drogba, he's a big girl's blouse.

Haha, well it seems obvious to me that you're a short arse, so why don't you pick a fight with some huge guy who obviously works out, if that sort of thing makes little or no difference then you should stand a 50-50 chance. Then post a pic of what you look like afterwards...

Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson are exceptions perhaps, but McGuigan and Prince Naseem wouldn't stand a chance against someone like Sheridan.

Esox Lucius
09-11-2007, 07:53 AM
size means **** all, a lad i know foggy is about 5'8, and skinny as ****, seen him do a few big cunts, biting chunks out of their nose and that, mad little cunt.

Microdot
09-11-2007, 09:01 AM
size means **** all, a lad i know foggy is about 5'8, and skinny as ****, seen him do a few big cunts, biting chunks out of their nose and that, mad little cunt.

word. me best mate Mik (rip) was the hardest lad I ever met and was only 5'9".
folks that bang on about rugby players being tough are talking out their shitboxes basically.
I'm sure there's plenty who can more than hold their own in a punch up, but put em up against a proper scapper from your local council estate and 99.9% of em would get the fcuking shite knocked out of em.

now, can we all stop going on about gayers' sports and get back to talking about football please?

Will
09-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, my mate told me about this aggressive hard guy he knew who tried to trip up someone in a night club who turned out to be a big Samoan rugby player who then squared up to him and the hard guy unsurprisingly backed down. But ok, back to footballers...

It's funny looking up how big they are, most of them seem to way 13 stone tops, you'd think some of them would be heavier than that. And I didn't realise Rooney was 5'10, I thought he was more like 5'8, but Drogba and Terry would still have half a foot on him, which is more than Bruno had on Tyson, quite a bit more if memory serves.

I mean Rooney might beat them in a boxing match, I'll give you that, but in a cage fight I still reckon Drogba or Terry should win.

278d7e64a374de26f==