seattle vs CLEVELAND
NEW ENGLAND vs indianapolis
texans vs RAIDERS
DALLAS vs philly
ravens vs STEELERS

snooch
02-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Baltimore @ PITTSBURGH
DALLAS @ Philly McNabb made a statement that "all roads(to the NFC East championship) go through Philly." Well duh, they go through Washington, Dallas and New York too. Thanks for the info Captain Obvious.
NEW ENGLAND @ Indy
Houston @ OAKLAND
Seattle @ CLEVELAND Seattle is too streaky to make them a solid bet against a Cleveland team who is good but not great at almost everything they do.
Green Bay @ KANSAS CITY I'm going out on a limb here, but I think KC. can take this one if their offensive line can hold back the Green Bay blitzing scheme.
Carolina @ TENNESSEE
Denver @ DETROIT People are forgetting that Detroit is 5-2 and is second in their division just behind the Packers. Solid offense, ok defense and good special teams. Don't discount them.
CINCY @ Buffalo
San Francisco @ ATLANTA This one isn't about who wins, it's about who sucks the least.
Arizona @ TAMPA BAY
WASHINGTON @ The Jets
JAX @ New Orleans
SAN DIEGO @ Minnesota

SlavikSvensk
02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
i would have picked jacksonville too a couple weeks ago, but too iffy at QB and saints are playing well.

Sam_Horam
04-11-2007, 11:48 AM
SAN DIEGO @ Minnesota
Jacksonville @ NEW ORLEANS
WASHINGTON @ New York Jets
Arizona @ TAMPA BAY
San Francisco @ ATLANTA
Cincinnati @ BUFFALO
Denver @ DETROIT
Carolina @ TENNESSEE
Green Bay @ KANSAS CITY
Seattle @ CLEVELAND
Houston @ OAKLAND
NEW ENGLAND @ Indianapolis
Dallas @ PHILADELPHIA
Baltimore @ PITTSBURGH

herman
04-11-2007, 03:04 PM
San Fran vs ATLANTA
CINCINATTIvs Buffalo
denver vs DETROIT
carolina vs TENESSEE
green bay vs KANSAS CITY
SAN DIEGO vs minnesota
jacksonville vs NEW ORLEANS
WASHINGTON vs nyjets
arizona vs TAMPA BAY
seattle vs CLEVELAND
NEW ENGLAND vs indianapolis
TEXANS vs Raiders
DALLAS vs philly
ravens vs STEELERS

SlavikSvensk
04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
funny all of us pick new england. the "experts" were all new england all the time up until a couple days ago when they all started second guessing that and tlaking up the colts. now it's more common to hear that the colts will win. john clayton had the most interesting take on it: he said the colts will win, but will lose twice later, giving the patriots homefield advantage and the road to the super bowl.

i still think the patriots will win though. that offense looks near impossible to stop.

SlavikSvensk
04-11-2007, 10:48 PM
13-7 colts at the half. we look good; they look a bit better so far. maybe that's the homefield advantage. hope better in second half

snooch
05-11-2007, 12:25 AM
How about that last nine minutes? Two touchdowns from New England and a stripped ball from Manning.

snooch
05-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I have one name for you. ADRIAN PETERSON. 296 rushing yards for the all time one game rushing record. Plus now Brett Favre has beaten all 31 NFL teams. No currently active player has done that. Great week game wise that I've done poorly in picks with.

SlavikSvensk
05-11-2007, 02:06 AM
How about that last nine minutes? Two touchdowns from New England and a stripped ball from Manning.

yeah that was incredible. what a game! i've got to say though, the most amazing thing was winning when we were penalized for almost 150 yards. i thought one of the pass INT calls and the offensive pass interference call on moss were BULLSH*T. reminded me of the the way the refs called the seahawks-steelers super bowl. but i guess dealing with dodgy refs is part of the game...

we really turned it on in the second half. thought the colts had the better of it in the first half. joseph addai is really ****ing good and peyton was solid, if unspectacular. their defense is also really good. too bad brady is on a mission...

SlavikSvensk
05-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Plus now Brett Favre has beaten all 31 NFL teams. No currently active player has done that.

not true! both peyton and brady did it last week. so now only 3 players EVER have beaten 31 teams.

snooch
05-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Oops, my bad. Well at this point (7:43 left in the third) it's 28-10 Dallas over Philly. I'm loving this, my wife is from Pennsylvania and is a big Eagles fan as is her family. I've been sending her brother screen shots of T.O. doing celebrations in the end zone taken with my phone in text messages. She's not a happy camper. She already woke the baby up yelling at the playcalling and at the Eagles inability to have a good reciever besides their running back.

SlavikSvensk
05-11-2007, 05:32 AM
the eagles are a sinking ship. giants are the real competition in the nfc east

SlavikSvensk
05-11-2007, 05:33 AM
i'm 9-4 this week going into monday. was 11-3 last week :)

snooch
05-11-2007, 08:00 PM
8-5 before the game tonight. Yeah the Eagles suck and everyone knows it except for the Eagles themselves and their fans. McNabb talked more shit this week than T.O. and paid the price for having a smart mouth and a crap team. Sounds kind of like the now injured Chad Johnson.

SlavikSvensk
05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
the eagles are done, put a fork in them. andy reid should leave to take care of his family. they should try to hire pete carroll or someone to replace him. but it won't really help...the team is too old and past its prime. that defense needs to be fast; they look slow. reggie brown is ok, but when you KNOW the ball is going to him or westbrook, it's easy for defenses to double and still stack the line. the o line is mediocre at best, and mcnabb is not the player he was 3 years ago.

if i was a cowboys fan, i'd be a lot more worried about the giants. that pass rush is sick.

snooch
06-11-2007, 06:28 AM
The Cowboys have been game planning the Giants for a couple of weeks now. Wade Phillips does radio interviews every Friday afternoon on ESPN radio and he has mentioned really wanting to beat Tom Coughlin and the Giants for a couple of weeks in a row. I don't know if it is something personal or what, but the Cowboys are totally cognizant that the Giants are their main competition in the NFC East. They really want that first round bye week and can't get it without at least winning the division and at least tying Green Bay's record. I'd be happy with seeing them make a good showing but loose against New England in the Superbowl. At the beginning of the season, I was extremely skeptical about the 'Boys even making it to the second round of the playoffs and now it is a distinct possibility. Remember that this week we get to play Tank Johnson who was a key member of last years Bears defense that got them to the Superbowl. He will give us some penetration up the middle with the rush we already have on the outside with Greg Ellis and Ayodele. Our main competition is Green Bay, maybe Detroit(wtf?) and the Giants in the NFC. Nobody else is consistent enough to get in a slugging match with us. #2 in scoring and #2 overall in the NFL ahead of both the Packers and Colts. Hmmm.

SlavikSvensk
06-11-2007, 04:49 PM
i think the giants are one of those teams that, when you think about it, just aren't that great. but they have some very specific weapons that give them the ability to beat teams that should be better than them. i mean, against detroit or green bay, tony romo will be able to do his little scramble thing and get some big 3rd down passes off on the fly. but the giants pass rush is so good i don't think he'll be able to do that against them. so he'll need to get rid of the ball fast, slants, screens, etc. the giants know that's coming so they'll jam the receivers at the line and spy an lb in the middle. not unlike what the patriots did but with a much more devastating pass rush. so really the key to beating them is marion barber. on offense, they have enough weapons to roll with most anyone, but are supremely inconsistent. so that's the other thing. do you get eli manning, peyton's little brother? or eli manning, a latter-day rick mirer?

snooch
06-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Well since we have beat them once already this season and are way more consistent on both sides of the ball than them, I see the Cowboys as taking this one. It won't be the 45-35 score that we beat them with earlier in the season, but I don't think that they can stop our pass rush either. We've got a tight end that is as good or better than Shockey, our QB is clearly better, either of our running backs are better in their own style of running, our recievers are better and our bench is much deeper. The only position they have us on offensively is fullback. Our FB was injured last week and the backup is already out with a neck injury. But we would have had to drop one of them anyways to move Tank Johnson to the active roster so it's kind of a moot point. Defensively they barely edge us out and I mean barely. They are ranked 7th in the NFL and we are ranked 8th. Their problem is their penalty yards. They have 501 this season so far which is a lot. We only have 350. Plus the disparity between thir good defense and their offense is too much (7th defense and 15th offense). The Cowboys are 8th in D and 2nd on offense. That alone should be the difference. Play action passing, heavy passing to Whitten and T.O. across the middle and keeping pressure on their QB should be good enough to take the game.

SlavikSvensk
06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
right, but when you played them last time, they didn't have strahan. that makes a world of difference. there's no way to double both of the killer pass rushers now. pocket collapses, got to get that ball out quick. frustrating for anyone. not that their offense is good...it's not. but then again, neither was the 2002 patriots super bowl team

Esox Lucius
06-11-2007, 09:22 PM
wouldnt mind going to a superbowl game looks class like. wouldnt understand f.uck all though about the sport mind.

278d7e64a374de26f==