PDA

View Full Version : Wetworks - Definitive Mega (Unfinished)

The Overfiend
03-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Wetworks
Definitive Mega

http://www.gundam.org/special/newtype40_800.jpg

www.clandestinerecordings.com/sets/wetworks/Wetworks_-_Definitive_Mega.mp3

So what's the right way to explain this one.
I have been obsessed with the whole cycling motion of techno lately.
And how all things go in cycles.
I for one hope the whole era of Form recordings and materials of the likes comes back.
This is me reflecting on that era of brutal funk that brought me to techno to begin with from the house realm where I liked Dj Sneak and Dancemania but wanted something more tough.

This is unfinished and I hope you guys enjoy as well as speak up.

stjohn
03-11-2007, 02:47 PM
real nice this!! funky but a bit evil too!! the production sounds great even tho im on broken monitors :(

i could imagine some other synth being introduced somewhere along the way!!

Elvio Neto
03-11-2007, 03:23 PM
i like the style of this track ;)

sounds good , i just dont like the house hit/lead pattern its a little confuse imo...

great work!

BRADLEE
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
real nice this!! funky but a bit evil too!! the production sounds great even tho im on broken monitors :(

i could imagine some other synth being introduced somewhere along the way!!

I was sort of thinking the same thing as Rory. Maybe use that little blipped out synth you use for the edit coming out of the break to make some sort of new pattern. If you introduced that into the mix, or something other that you decide....would give the song more movement after the break.

As an added note....Sounding nice and crispy. :cheese:

acidguru
03-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Really nice one,love that funky,rolling and loopy attitude!!

The Overfiend
08-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the input fellas hope to have this one done soon, I'll repost in it's fruition then. Thanks again.

rhythmtech
08-11-2007, 07:16 AM
finally got to listen to this and i can only echo what was already said.. dirty loopy lovliness.

top stuff my trans-atlantic compadre!!

Siege
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Like this mate...look forward to hearing the finished article. :)

Barely Human
09-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Sounding nice this man, Production sounds pretty crisp and nice. Not too sure on the main lead though, but i think thats just a personal thing.

Good work dude:cool:

The Overfiend
13-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Almost done homeboys, caught a bit of the production add and started another one amid finishing this one. I'll have that one up in a bit.

The Overfiend
16-11-2007, 06:42 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/20773CD27A9E9E95

Completed Version

dirty_bass
16-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Righto, just had a gander.
Very ravey, would be nice to see a little more progression in this as by halfway you`ve pretty much already got what your gonna get.

Production wise...
First off, noticed how shallow the bass is on this.
Almost no sub to speak of.
I`d say you could either lose some low cut, or if it isn`t cut (which I suspect it isn`t) I`d lay a bit of bass expansion over the sub area.
There seems to be an overall lack of depth of dynamics in this also.
The mid range all seems very much centred around the same frequencies, so spreading out the mid range would help this to have a little more life.
That main synth could perhaps do with a little more warmth.
I`d suggest doubling the audio track of this, and running one channel with some heavy chorus over it, then rolling down all the highs to about 300hz
then on the other channel roll off the lows from about 300hz.
That way the sound will get a little more thickness in the low regions and also will get more "real" activity taking away the static nature of it.
The tops also could do with a touch of sparkle, maybe just a little boost would sort them out.

BRADLEE
17-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Personally homie, I think it sounds well balanced. Definitely the best sound quality and mixdown I've ever heard from you brother man. Please keep up the nice works. Do think you do just a little touch more with that pattern after the break...That little electric noise...Not sure how to classify it. But as is should be cool to bang the club or party.

The Overfiend
17-11-2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.clandestinerecordings.com/sets/wetworks/Wetworks_-_Definitive_Mega.mp3

Updated Link, thanks B Herms.

I think one thing we forget around here is that people have different sounds that they themselves as the composer wish to achieve.
Especially when it's different from what you yourself may make.

dirty_bass
17-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Nope, nothing to do with that.
Production is production, regardless of genre.

The Overfiend
19-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Why thank you Steve, i'll be sure to work those bits in for the next review when I go back into the track.

dirty_bass
19-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Hmm some editing appears to have been going on here.
I tell you what, to make things simple, I promise not to listen to or comment on your production any more, if you promise not to send me the music in the first place.

Deal?

Then we can avoid this happening again again

The Overfiend
20-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Actually Steve I had the moderator erase our previous back and forth in efforts for our debate not to take away from people listening to the track.
Then I posted something along the lines that I would take heed to your input.
Yet you still have something derogatory to say, how about this for an ultimatum.
I don't care whether you listen to my tracks to be honest, I sent you the link to be friendly, you took a post I said calling you Mr. Moroder out of context, the only one acting self righteous and holier than thou here is you. Do I really give a f*ck about your commentary? Quite frankly not really, I don't think you understand or respect most techno and you seem to think your production standards or thoughts are law. You call everyone's music underproduced loopy crap and have no respect for what most would consider their craft. Did I take offense to anything you said, nope. I just think you need to get your ego in check and stop walking around BOA like your sh*t don't stink. The way you act I really doubt you are really in the craft truth be told.

The Overfiend
20-11-2007, 03:08 AM
http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/statusainthood/simon-cowell.jpg

dan the acid man
20-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Right, how i saw it on here before i deleted the posts was Steve giving honest feedback, then maybe your personal beef clouding this and reading more into what was posted.

I'm just being honest by saying this and calling it how i read it.

Might be a good idea if you two take this up via pm

The Overfiend
20-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Righteo, well Dan I asked you to delete the posts because I felt the disagreement took away from the whole thread.
I was not being unappreciative at all of Steve's comments, in fact I just disagreedwith one aspect of it. I did not attack him until he lashed out at me for disagreeing withone of his statements.
This part of the forum is for constructive criticism and while the first part of his review is just that, upon disagreeing with him, he took the whole thing out of context and went somewhere else with it.
I personally do not have any beef with Steve as he does not influence anything I do in my daily life and I do not break my mind sweating what happens here. What I do have a problem with is someone misconstruing what was stated and becoming very pompous and self righteous with me. I did not react the same way Summer of Sam would have in fact this time I am trying to take the high road and point out what made me think negatively about the situation and stand up for my point of view. I did not attack Steve until he poked at me. So to be honest I have nothing to say to him via PM. As far as I am concerned Steve was a great guy until he turned around and started being so negative towards anything that according to his personal standards "does not push the boundaries of techno." Part of the rules of this forum are respecting other peoples tastes, and feelings, am I not correct?
I have no problemwith leaving this part public, because of the fact that most of the time Steve has not much to say to me and certain other people unless it's negative. I am just calling it how I read it this time. I did not react negatively at all to his mastering critique I disagreed with one aspect of it and he jumped down my throat like how dare you. If you unmask the rest of our debate it is easily read as so. That being said I have zero issues with you Dan, I just will not concede this time to Steve trying to make me out to be this unwelcoming to critique person. If I didn't want critique I would not have posted it in the area you post tracks for critique, if I wanted validation I would have sent it to my friends on MSN.

BloodStar
20-11-2007, 04:15 PM
hmm, I had quick read yesterday and tbh I didnt find anything so offensive which was not true and should be deleted. weird.

audioinjection
21-11-2007, 05:57 PM
dang dude, pretty cool track, just took a listen here at work on my shitty computer speakers......i cant comment on production but on the speakers everything sounds pretty well balanced, and that main sound you have reminds me of some oldschool techno shit. it definitely has the wetworks trademarks in there ;)

The Overfiend
23-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks Vato
Had to remove the link
Joints spoken for, thanks for the input from the constructive people.

BRADLEE
24-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey loco...you looking at me funny?

The Overfiend
30-11-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm staring right at you vato

278d7e64a374de26f==