PDA

View Full Version : Bloodstar - new unfinished track

BloodStar
04-11-2007, 04:42 PM
hey guys,

here is some new track I am working on at the moment,. mix still needs some work,though. let me know what you think...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1zh88q

Radic
07-11-2007, 09:05 AM
file couldn't be found :(

BloodStar
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
hmmm, it works fine for me....
you must wait a few seconds, then there is a link to mp3.
or here is direct link
http://fs06n4.sendspace.com/dl/dcb48f0e16397ad2147a673a0f91d8c4/4731848d730abb1b/1zh88q/BS-ex17.mp3

BloodStar
08-11-2007, 06:36 PM
hope this one works..

http://download.yousendit.com/DCBF4EDB6A3B0877

BRADLEE
08-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Only got the headphones on at the moment homie, so I can't fully comment the mix. But man, that is what hard techno should sound like. ****ing proper tune homie. Miss the days of this sound in HT.

I'd love to remix it too if that's cool with you homie....

Siege
10-11-2007, 04:49 AM
yeah,im liking this...tough driving stuff...production sound pretty clean n punchy,which i like and i like all the sounds uve used..percs etc..
Would like to have heard a more prominent sound in there somewhere..big pad or synth..something for me to remember it by..but just personal pref...still sounds good.
U could use the hoover type bassline more in there as well i reck as i noticed it only plays right at the end of the trk.

Good stuff though mate..ur stuff sounding better and better every time i listen

Little_Fella!
10-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Enjoying the drive this track has... you have worked a good bit on your percussion there and it shows...:) do like the kick...

Really do think that you should bring in that synth on the break, which feels like a core element, as this will help the tune develop, which at the moment you are relying on just a couple of repetitve notes from something else after the break...

Think those notes need touching up on the top end too to blend in the mix a little bit more, as they seem dull in comparison to your other elements.... and some variation with these also...

As you say, this is a first draft so I reckon you will be able to work this into a proper interesting groove...:cool:

dirty_bass
15-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Liking the feel of this, especially the tick-tock of the kicks.

Percussion is really nice too, very driving and industrial.

I`d watch the bass on this, it seems to be reachin up into the low mids and clouding the mix a little, so I`d low pass and cut anything over 250

Hats could be brighter to balance the sharp click of the kicks.

I`d work on bringing all the atmospherics up in the mix too, paying careful attention to how they effect the low mids again.

Obviously a first draft so your still working it, but I like it.

there`s a lot going on in here I really like, lots of scarey psychoaccoustics, but they are buried in the mix, so you just need to be more brave with your levels.

BloodStar
20-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey peeps, thanks everyone for a feedback. I just get back from company trip to Turkey, so I am looking forward to weekend when I will work the track bit more.

@Siege- yeah you are right, it deffinitelly needs adding some more element for people to remember... the bass is so in the end, as I record it live and then cut and paste here and there, but it was 10mins previously, so I didnot spot I forgot the bassline :) cheers, anyway.

@LF - you mean the bassline which is playing after break or? thanks for feedback mate. mucho appreciated.

@Steve - I am with you on the things you said,. Bass needs some sorting as it goes probly too hi to the low mids. It is bit problematic area which is pretty hard to sort properly....
As for the hihats, I have got problem here pretty often. I am trying to be more carefull when levelling them against the kicks, but sometimes they go too crazy when I check their level on spectrum analyzer.

Thanks everyone.....

dirty_bass
20-11-2007, 05:25 PM
When trying to balance your hats with the kicks, just mute everything but the hats and kicks.
Seems a bit obvious, but quite often it helps.
I generally (not always) try to match the top end intensity of the "click" of the kick, with the hi-hat. If they sit around the same area frequency wise and volume wise, then the beat tends to slip together more easily.

BloodStar
21-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah, this make sense to try to sit them around the click of kick. top advice.. thanks

Little_Fella!
23-11-2007, 11:16 PM
@LF - you mean the bassline which is playing after break or? thanks for feedback mate. mucho appreciated.

Thanks everyone.....

No ,I meant the synth line you bring in right near the end of the track... i see why as you said it was 10mins long... bring this in a few bars after the break and work it into the track from there maybe, then your staying away from cliche land - - if that's what your aiming to do...:xsmile:

Away on a company trip eh... did you have a good time?:xbiggrin:

278d7e64a374de26f==