PDA

View Full Version : Si - Freebase (unfinished)

Si.
04-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey here's a new one... Its my first track to post up here so feedback would be much appreciated!

www.stasiscollective.com/simon/freebase.mp3

I've no monitors at the moment so the mixdown is done on a set of shure e4c earphones...

Thanks!

dirty_bass
05-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Those shures are pretty reliable for mixing.

Anyway, production is very nice. Sounding very professional.

Only thing I don`t like, is the fact that their is no hook to keep you interested.

If this had a stronger more funky main groove over the top, percussively, OR a simple melodic element, or melodic bassline, then this would work much better I think.

As it is it`s lacking anything to hold my attention, or get my ass shaking.

but it is nicely executed.

Si.
05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the comments dirty bass... I'll try adding another sound or 2 in there... There's room anyway! Not 100% sure about the room verb wooden sounds that come in at about 3:20 either (well the sounds are actually there all along but its a new variation)... Might try something different. Thanks! :)

dirty_bass
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I think all the sounds you have used fit nicely to be honest, they naturally fit into the mix, which is a sign of a good producer, as half of the battle of EQing a mix is picking the right sounds in the first place.
The tune simply needs that final element to grab the feet.

Si.
05-11-2007, 11:50 PM
:) Cheers man.

I had a go at changing it around a bit... Added in a few more head nodding bits!

Maybe its too cluttered now though?

Freebase (v2) (www.stasiscollective.com/simon/freebase.mp3)

Siege
10-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Basically what Steve said....does sound very good,really like the production ...just get some hook or sommat in there and ur on to a gooden i reck

278d7e64a374de26f==