PDA

View Full Version : Shooting during a Carl Cox set in Caracas, Venezuela

snooch
05-11-2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62K4_N5D1s

Some carnage in there. It's a shame that that had to happen.

dan the acid man
05-11-2007, 01:29 AM
truly shocking, why doi people feel the need to do such things, especially at an event where people are going to just enjoy themselves

SlavikSvensk
05-11-2007, 02:02 AM
jesus that's f***ed up

lunatrick
05-11-2007, 03:20 AM
I think something similar happened whilst Chris Liberator was playing a party in Venezuela as well.....bit of a worrying trend....would probably put a lot of dj's off going there I imagine...

snooch
05-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Usually it's El Salvador with all the MS13 thugs shooting it out. I guess Venezuela has a big problem too. Their market for international techno talent just got a whole lot smaller. What a shame.

xes
05-11-2007, 08:29 AM
f*cking gun toting wannabe gangsta cunts.:grr:

When was this?

fatcollective
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
thats fvckin terrible...totally crazy shit!!

Athar
05-11-2007, 11:32 AM
holy f**k!

im absolutely shocking ......:scratch:

Technobitch
05-11-2007, 11:47 AM
wow thats nutts :grr:

RDR
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Thats horrific.

Jesus.

The Overfiend
05-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Shameful, absolutely shameful.

Welcome to real life.

maily
05-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Thats horrific.

Jesus.
i know!
they must've been crap shots, he's not exactly a small target.

RDR
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
i know!
they must've been crap shots, he's not exactly a small target.

:laughing:

xes
05-11-2007, 04:19 PM
didn't think that the youtube link would be there for long.

koma
05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
why the **** did they remove it???

xes
05-11-2007, 04:31 PM
It showed people writhing in pain after being shot,and at least 1 definate dead guy. Possibly it was taken down due to it's content/respect for the people killed or injured,or the investigation that is to follow.

Technobitch
05-11-2007, 06:19 PM
it was mad to see all the people just standing there filming it, either help or get the f**k out of there

The Overfiend
05-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Liability, that promoter is goin to get sued to shit.

DannyBlack
05-11-2007, 06:57 PM
i can understand someone wanting to shoot Tiesto, but Carl Cox, the guy is a legend. twats.

The Overfiend
05-11-2007, 07:16 PM
From the looks of it I don't think Cox was the intended target, a lot of those gangs operate by prooving points, especially in South America. The whole point is showing how ill they are and unfearing of authority or events and such.

stjohn
05-11-2007, 08:00 PM
http://www.beatfactor.ro/stiri/2489

up on another site.. JESUS!!! that is rough

eyeswithoutaface
05-11-2007, 08:04 PM
looks like a class night, definately going next month!!!

....joke.... this is insane, what a crazy situation to suddenly be in as either a dj, clubber, promoter etc etc.... a rare event though im sure??

Technobitch
05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
yeah a well mad situation why i dont get all the ppl filming it, its not just the main guy you can see filming it there are ppl below him too

xes
05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
yeah a well mad situation why i dont get all the ppl filming it, its not just the main guy you can see filming it there are ppl below him too
I agree,I dunno wether they were filming out of shock,or pure morbid fascination. But I think it's in very bad taste,to film the people you were dancing with,rolling around on the floor dying.

crime
05-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Liability, that promoter is goin to get sued to shit.

I doubt it somehow, not everywhere in the world has a compensation culture like the US, and I doubt your average venezualan has the kind of cash to throw about to start trying to take club organisers to court...

crime
05-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I agree,I dunno wether they were filming out of shock,or pure morbid fascination. But I think it's in very bad taste,to film the people you were dancing with,rolling around on the floor dying.

he was the vj, and had the camera there anyway.. I think if you had seen the footage, you would have noticed that they ran off when everyone else did at the end.. I can only imagine the shock the guy was in, and all he felt he could do was film the incident.. I think plenty of other people in the same situation would have done the same...

lunatrick
06-11-2007, 09:00 AM
don't blame the messenger - if I'd been the vj I would have done exactly the same thing....it's pretty horrific footage but it may come in handy for the investigation - and anyway I've always thought that recording horrific events such as war photography is a good thing in the end - shocks people from being apathetic.....

and considering the global leisure industry is based around guns and violence to take it off youtube just seems hypocritical to me....

rhythmtech
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
another video up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jf2MHf9HCy0

****ed up shit

Si the Sigh
06-11-2007, 11:30 AM
STATEMENT FROM CARL

05 Nov 07

“I am deeply shocked and still stunned by the events of Saturday [3rd November]. My condolences go out to victims that were caught up in the horrific act that took place at this gig. I am informed that it was gang related, and feel so sad that anybody would act in such a manner when the event was full of 7000 people having fun. I find it such a sad moment in electronic music as this was probably one of the best set up shows I had played in South America – a sign of real progress…yet utterly hijacked by this mindless act. Again, my heart goes out to those that have died or been injured. This is NOT what the dance scene is about and is a million miles away from what I want to do, or promote.”

Coxy.

rhythmtech
06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
video showing carl cox's reaction when it happens.. he doesnt seem to realise until someone tells him

end of the video is a little harsh fro those with a weak stomach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pDJu2RNaCg

MARK ANXIOUS
06-11-2007, 01:25 PM
wow..

well there you go. that's what happens when gangs get involved. i mean i've been to some mad places myself, where anything could go off (and has) at any moment, but never witnessed shooting (although i have seen guys with guns and it tends to happen in the poorer, more politically unstable countries). i suppose this was quite a surreel moment for carl and I wonder how long it was before it sunk it exactly what had happened. must've been well scary.

as for the guys on the cams, well i think that's morbid fascination for you. sad really, when you think of all the family's that will be affected by this....

rhythmtech
06-11-2007, 01:28 PM
i mean i've been to some mad places myself, where anything could go off (and has) at any moment

the orange peel last year :laughing: :laughing:

The Overfiend
06-11-2007, 05:15 PM
See and people got at me for playing a party where thugs were, but the bottom line statement is that there are assholes anywhere you go. I'm glad I was not the victim of gun violence, but I am sad for the families of those people who passed on, to know worldwide there is footage of their death being observed and that the security of the venue did not do enough that would have saved their family members lives.
I do agree with you Crime we in the states are very compensation obsessed but would not some kind of liability hold the promoters or security responsible for the lax of protection?

BloodStar
06-11-2007, 05:57 PM
3minutes after shooing and nothing happens. no emergency, no doctor, no security. wtf

Technobitch
06-11-2007, 06:08 PM
3minutes after shooing and nothing happens. no emergency, no doctor, no security. wtf

think there was security there but they just didnt know what to do and ran for their lives too

BloodStar
06-11-2007, 06:47 PM
think there was security there but they just didnt know what to do and ran for their lives too

yeah I saw them standing in the circle, didnt know what to do. Promoter must be really stupid if he doesnt book proper agency on party for 7 thous. people. Thanks god, we are more civilised in Europe......

davethedrummer
06-11-2007, 09:56 PM
i just got back from there!!!

it was on saturday night in caracas !! we played on friday in caracas and were out of town on saturday.
it was a revenge shooting because a guy got dumped by his girlfriend
so he shot her and her new bloke and a few others too at the party ,it was nothing to do with carl cox at all.
how pathetic

the barrio gangs in caracas are using these big events to settle drug scores regularly now and the promoters know but they still don't have metal detectors on the door , or hightly trained security
jst a bunch of thick blokes who have no idea how to control crowds or administer first aid or anything like that
in fact there's a good chance security were in on it.

it's insane , but it is limited to certain types of events , namely big ones where people think they can get away with it
and events that are promoted with posters in the barrios ( slums ) will obviously attract the poorer people which will bring the gangs and the guns

this venue had a history of violent problems too , you'd think they'd at least try to tighten it up on the security.

but to be honest its all about money , same old same old
the guys who run the gig don't seem to give a shit about anything except counting the coins someone posted on a venezuelan forum a picture of 2 handheld metal detectors and underneath a quote saying
" 3 tickets would have bought these 2 machines "

crazy isnt it?
and we have metal detectors here even , shows how ****ing paranoid we are eh?

i had a shock at the airport a couple of times over there with the cops and their corrupt way of working , so has chris, and everyone else since without exception pretty much.
including venezuelan mates of ours who have moved away because the violence and the corruption.

a dangerous place to live for sure
beautiful and friendly and fun , but essentially dangerous and you can never forget that.

it's interesting to observe the human condition
but man , it is nice to get home after!

Technobitch
06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
noway, nice one for the info henry - nutts shit

Si the Sigh
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Fu*k that.

278d7e64a374de26f==