PDA

View Full Version : What's the Electro scene like in your part of the world?

tekara
05-11-2007, 08:46 AM
I have to admit I havent travelled to many places in this world.

For the past 6 years I have been confined to Hong Kong building up my career and therefore have not had a chance to check out many other places except for Asia.

What i CAN say, is that it seems like Electro is taking up most of the popular spots in Hong Kong. Every weekend you will hear Electro playing loud and proud.

DJ Hell came into town last week and i was expecting to hear techno in its rawest form. I was EXTREMELY wrong.

Acquiviva came in a few months ago, i expected him to play techno. I was wrong AGAIN.

I have been frustrated at the current scene here because i want to hear more techno but it just ain't happening. Hell, even Technasia gets no love here.

I always hear about minimal this and minimal that, but is electro taking up most of the scene where you live, like it is where I live? Or is it only HK?

I am completely clueless.

eyeswithoutaface
05-11-2007, 09:13 AM
electro has always had its place over here in the uk, some wikid regular electro nights and artists, alot of the techno nights over here tend to have a 2nd room playing electro, the 2 have always gone hand in hand for me personally. Cant get enough electro in my view

Split-Personality
05-11-2007, 09:38 AM
I think Electro had a stronger place here in London 4/5 years back, when 2 Many Dj's first started playing out and Dj Hell was on better form. "Bugged out" @ The End just doesnt seem to attract the crowds like it did!!! Not to forget Ivan Smagghe before he got all glitchy, bring back his Indie influenced Electro PLEASE!!!!

I think Minimal and this new fangled "Dirty-Electro-House" that loads of ****as like to talk about killed it off perhaps!!

RDR
05-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Electro..

or Electro House.

not sure which you mean.

PS - nowt wrong with either when they're done well.

anx
06-11-2007, 08:52 PM
the techno guys are doing electro house
the breaks guys are doing electro house
the house guys are doing electro house
the trance guys are doing electro house

anx
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
PS - nowt wrong with either when they're done well.

totally. i just wish people would be more diverse...

rhythmtech
06-11-2007, 08:56 PM
the techno guys are doing electro house
the breaks guys are doing electro house
the house guys are doing electro house
the trance guys are doing electro house

what are the electro house guys doin?

stjohn
06-11-2007, 11:51 PM
what are the electro house guys doin?

Elektro - House

2 words that shouldnt go together.. why? coz!!!

Radic
07-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Down here in Melbourne (Oz) it's been electro house for quite a few years now. It's pretty shit. There's still a bit of everything but it's mainly electro house (or should i say 'dirty' electro house?).

tekara
07-11-2007, 01:50 AM
sorry for the confusion guys,

i meant electro house, not true electro.

ITS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!

dirty_bass
07-11-2007, 01:54 AM
electro house is big in london.
get right on your tits and clamp your nipples with crocodile clips annoying big.
lots of shit that sounds exactly like that damn car advert where it turns into the robot.
That same ****ING bass sound and donk sound for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS!!!!

tekara
07-11-2007, 03:02 AM
electro house is big in london.
get right on your tits and clamp your nipples with crocodile clips annoying big.
lots of shit that sounds exactly like that damn car advert where it turns into the robot.
That same ****ING bass sound and donk sound for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS!!!!

YESSSSS

For the love of God its ALWAYS the same bassline over and over again.

I have never heard of so much sawtooth baseline in my life. Its almost as if all the producers are collaborating with each other and using the same patch in Gmedia Imposcar.

I miss mid-90s techno :(

RDR
07-11-2007, 09:37 AM
YESSSSS

For the love of God its ALWAYS the same bassline over and over again.

I have never heard of so much sawtooth baseline in my life. Its almost as if all the producers are collaborating with each other and using the same patch in Gmedia Imposcar.

I miss mid-90s techno :(

I like that patch :)

Split-Personality
07-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Its all down to that bloody Citreon advert isnt it!!!

Hideous stuff indeed!

Little_Fella!
09-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Shame really coz Electro can be a welcome break fromTechno sometimes, when it's been done well....

...but as always, especially with Electro House doing so well for itself, the producers have all jumped on the Citroen advert bandwagon... did we expect anything else...:ruquestion: :ruquestion: :ruquestion:

snooch
09-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Here in Texas, electro house is big, but dying slowly due to backlash from all the deep house heads. There are a few electro artists that have gotten out of the local scene such as Maetrik(Mariel Ito, Eric Entity and other pseudonyms). I've played electro out at parties before and have gotten mixed responses. Some people really dig it because they never get to hear it and some could care less about it.

BranLanen
10-11-2007, 03:23 PM
In Spain the "cheesy" scene in absolutely taken by elektro house and even reggaeton, xD ...but the "underground" scene is almost taken by minimal.
But it depends on regions of the country...in the north-west where I live there is a resistant techno and schranz scene.

278d7e64a374de26f==