PDA

View Full Version : Calzaghe vs Kessler

fatcollective
05-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Anyone see the fight on saturday...fvckin awsome!!
Calzaghe won but Kessler but up a decent fight, it went all 12 rounds, possible one of the best fights i have ever seen!!

Numeric
05-11-2007, 12:17 PM
i didn't see it man, was on setanta yeah? we've got sky and don't get setanta :whoops:

Calzaghe is a great fighter, would have liked to have seen it...

Eddowion
05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
No Blood, no injuries, no deaths, one small bruise, not even a knockdown. There was a slip over, I think it was during the tango round.

Spacehopper
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I saw it, thought it was a great fight. Kessler was very impressive I must admit. £20 I think it was on Setanta, but luckily my mates Grandad had Setanta anyway so we got to watch it round there. If we did have to pay I wouldnt have been disapointed put it that way. Looking forward to the Hatton/Mayweather fight now.

Sam_Horam
05-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Really good fight - downloaded it via a torrent on Sunday morning.

Kessler is a good fighter but didn't have enough to trouble Calzaghe. It really is a shame that Joe wasted so long fighting easy fights when he could have been mixing things with some massive names in the past if he'd just been a bit more willing (or if Frank Warren wasn't so cautious).

If the Hopkins fight happens then I don't really see what that will prove - sure Hopkins was very impressive last time out after looking a spent force against Taylor but he'll be 43 by the time any fight would take place! If only a Calzaghe - Hopkins / Calzaghe - Jones Jr fight had happened about 6 or 7 years ago...

djfase
06-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Really good fight - downloaded it via a torrent on Sunday morning.

Kessler is a good fighter but didn't have enough to trouble Calzaghe. It really is a shame that Joe wasted so long fighting easy fights when he could have been mixing things with some massive names in the past if he'd just been a bit more willing (or if Frank Warren wasn't so cautious).

If the Hopkins fight happens then I don't really see what that will prove - sure Hopkins was very impressive last time out after looking a spent force against Taylor but he'll be 43 by the time any fight would take place! If only a Calzaghe - Hopkins / Calzaghe - Jones Jr fight had happened about 6 or 7 years ago...

They didnt want to fight calzaghe. They were running scared. They only want to fight now to get a big payday at the end of their careers.

Joe is the best british fighter bar none, but he is only just getting the recognition he deserves.

I was at ringside at the jeff lacy fight and it was one of the best nights of my life, and the fight was up there with Benn V Mcklellen all those yrs ago.

DJCraig Ryan
11-11-2007, 10:50 AM
They didnt want to fight calzaghe. They were running scared. They only want to fight now to get a big payday at the end of their careers.

Joe is the best british fighter bar none, but he is only just getting the recognition he deserves.

I was at ringside at the jeff lacy fight and it was one of the best nights of my life, and the fight was up there with Benn V Mcklellen all those yrs ago.

Spot on!!!

Microdot
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Anyone see the fight on saturday...fvckin awsome!!
Calzaghe won but Kessler but up a decent fight, it went all 12 rounds, possible one of the best fights i have ever seen!!

no doubt. this fight was wicked.....I usually struggle to maintain an interest through a whole fight, but this one had me rivetted.
Calazaghe will go down as one of the goats I reckon.

278d7e64a374de26f==