PDA

View Full Version : 21 Years of Sir Alex

Numeric
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
it's his 21st Anniversary as United manager today...

what a legend :cheese:

Esox Lucius
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
proper leg.

digitalboy
06-11-2007, 04:39 PM
i take it that spanish guy will take over nearer in the future then.

He seems to be doing a lot of post-game interviews.

Spacehopper
06-11-2007, 05:44 PM
id of thought Mark Hughes

Numeric
06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
he's portuguese mate, and aye, there has been talk of Queiroz takin over, but i hope it's someone else, maybe Hughes, Jose would be nice :cool:

judas_beast
07-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Mate, you need to stop sucking Alex's cock - have a word with ya self.

Numeric
07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
you bitter about the fantasy league mate? :laughing: you were never going to be my match, don't feel bad...

Will
08-11-2007, 07:24 PM

That's because Fergie's bitter and won't do interviews with the BBC any more. I don't know why anyone would want Mourinho as manager (if they support a sucessful team already), he might be good, but think of the football!

Microdot
12-11-2007, 09:00 PM

Portugese mate. and the reason he does all the MOTD post match shit is cause the BBC did some documentary slinging mud at him.
Big Sam and Harry Redknap won't apeak to em either, because of a different BBC doc. about taking bungs.

As for Fergie's replacement, Sparky would be the fans choice.
personally I wouldn't want Mouriniho at Utd. the football he had the rent boys playing was proper doldrums dull.

Eddowion
12-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Fergie is a class act and discussing his replacement is a touch premature.
It'll be a sad day for Utd when he retires.

Numeric
12-11-2007, 11:44 PM
aye Sir Alex is a legend, this new team he has built is looking to be his best yet, the only player from his past reign that would get into this current team is Schmeichel and maybe Ruud at the height of his United form...

dare i say that this current United squad is the best the Premiership has ever seen :cheese:

Microdot
13-11-2007, 04:38 AM
Stam, Keane, Robson

Numeric
13-11-2007, 09:29 AM
i'd rather have Vidic than Stam...

Keane and Robson are good shouts, Cantona would be another...

kai
13-11-2007, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Numeric;586943] the only player from his past reign that would get into this current team is Schmeichel and maybe Ruud at the height of his United form...

{\QUOTE]

Thats going a bit far! Keane would walk into any team ever. And what about the likes of Beckham at his peak, Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Gary Pallister, Denis Irwin, Eric, Andy Cole, Jaap Stam, Paul Parker, Dwight Yorke.... all would have been strong contenders at the least.

Though I do take your point as dont think some of them would necessarily be first choices in the current squad.

Microdot
13-11-2007, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=Numeric;586943] the only player from his past reign that would get into this current team is Schmeichel and maybe Ruud at the height of his United form...

{\QUOTE]

Thats going a bit far! Keane would walk into any team ever. And what about the likes of Beckham at his peak, Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Gary Pallister, Denis Irwin, Eric, Andy Cole, Jaap Stam, Paul Parker, Dwight Yorke.... all would have been strong contenders at the least.

Though I do take your point as dont think some of them would necessarily be first choices in the current squad.

was gonna say Yorkie actually, but stopped just short. At his peak I reckon he'd prolly edge Tevez out the current starting 11, but we only saw him peak for the one season. Such a shame he liked the good life a bit too much.
He was the complete centre forward, and one of the best players to ever play in the prem.

kai
13-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Deffo - as an after thought, Sheringham at his peak would probably be in with a chance of edging his way in there - certainly the year he won PFA Player of the Year, or playing the way he did alongside Shearer in Euro 96.

basslinejunkie
13-11-2007, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=Numeric;586984]i'd rather have Vidic than Stam...

Keane and Robson are good shouts, Cantona would be another...[/QUOTE

Id have stam over either of the current two. but i reckon stam vidic would be pretty good

basslinejunkie
13-11-2007, 02:33 PM

{\QUOTE]

hahahaha paul parker,he was shiteeeeeeeeeee!!

Numeric
13-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Teddy is a legend, would still rather have Rooney in there though...

Numeric
13-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Id have stam over either of the current two. but i reckon stam vidic would be pretty good

Rio's the daddy...

Eddowion
13-11-2007, 02:56 PM
So how many of th '99 treble winning team would you drop and replace with todays boys?

Numeric
13-11-2007, 03:11 PM
ok, the full strength starting line up from '99 would be...

Schmeical
Neville
Johnson
Stam
Irwin
Beckham
Keane
Scholes
Giggs
Cole
Yorke

full strength now is...

Van Der Saar
Neville / Brown (wes has been awesome of late)
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Scholes
Hargreaves
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

it's a difficult one actualy :whoops: :laughing:

Numeric
13-11-2007, 03:21 PM
the defence is definitely better now, Cristiano would oust Becks and Rooney would better Cole i imagine...

i think Tevez has got the potential to better Yorke but it's still his first season at United...

Insomnia
13-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Back to Fergie...

I'd say he's proberly one of the best managers ever...

Not forgetting what he done with Aberdeen in the 80's beating the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and thrashing the old firm in the league....

Also to be in charge of Man utd for that amount of time is very impressive, i cant see anyone holding that job for as long again...

Just a pity he didn't go to Arsenal though Wenger has proven his worth also...

kai
13-11-2007, 04:55 PM
ok, the full strength starting line up from '99 would be...

Schmeical
Neville
Johnson
Stam
Irwin
Beckham
Keane
Scholes
Giggs
Cole
Yorke

full strength now is...

Van Der Saar
Neville / Brown (wes has been awesome of late)
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Scholes
Hargreaves
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

Then of course the team that won leagues in 93 and 94 is up there and would have at least a couple of players who'd come into contention:

Schmeichel
Parker
Irwin
Pallister
Bruce
Ince
Keane
Kanchelskis
Giggs
Hughes
Cantona

Will
13-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Portugese mate. and the reason he does all the MOTD post match shit is cause the BBC did some documentary slinging mud at him.
Big Sam and Harry Redknap won't apeak to em either, because of a different BBC doc. about taking bungs.

As for Fergie's replacement, Sparky would be the fans choice.
personally I wouldn't want Mouriniho at Utd. the football he had the rent boys playing was proper doldrums dull.

It was slinging mud at his son wasn't it? At least you're seeing sense about Mourinho!

kai
13-11-2007, 04:59 PM
However, I think the squad as a whole is stronger now, so SAF is true in what he is saying.

However, looking purely at first XI then you'd be hard pushed to make the argument todays side is better than sither of those two - yet! The potential however is dfinately there!

kai
13-11-2007, 05:00 PM
It was slinging mud at his son wasn't it?

And that makes all the difference lol

Don't know bout you but I'd imagine most fathers tend to get riled when their son comes under attack!

Eddowion
13-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Imo todays Utd are not as good as the '99 team (yet!!!!) but i think they could be next year...............doubt we'll ever see another treble tho', not from any club.

Numeric
13-11-2007, 10:09 PM
don't be so sure :;

the dream of every United fan is to do the treble again :cheese:

Eddowion
13-11-2007, 11:37 PM
don't be so sure :;

the dream of every United fan is to do the treble again :cheese:
Yer, and I dream of shagging Kate Moss:)

Microdot
14-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Yer, and I dream of shagging Kate Moss:)

nah, she's got no tits.
gimme Kelly Brook anyday.

Eddowion
14-11-2007, 02:37 PM
nah, she's got no tits.
gimme Kelly Brook anyday.
respect

Microdot
15-11-2007, 12:32 PM
respect

word

Eddowion
15-11-2007, 05:56 PM
:;

Will
19-11-2007, 04:54 PM
And that makes all the difference lol

Don't know bout you but I'd imagine most fathers tend to get riled when their son comes under attack!

I remember what it was about now, it was about Fergie's son being an agent and working with United and being accused of nepotism... Hardly seems like it's worth throwing your toys out the pram over, it was either a fair cop or a bit suspicious and an issue that's worth addressing even if it's baseless, so he shouldn't hold it against them, either way.

At the end of the day, it's the fans that suffer more than anything.

Microdot
19-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I remember what it was about now, it was about Fergie's son being an agent and working with United and being accused of nepotism... Hardly seems like it's worth throwing your toys out the pram over, it was either a fair cop or a bit suspicious and an issue that's worth addressing even if it's baseless, so he shouldn't hold it against them, either way.

At the end of the day, it's the fans that suffer more than anything.

not really. I reckon it'd be more accurate to say that it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to 99.99% of Man Utd fans watching MOTD.

Will
19-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Surely they'd rather hear from Fergie though? Besides, I'm not just talking about United fans, I'd rather he did interviews for them and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Microdot
20-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Surely they'd rather hear from Fergie though? Besides, I'm not just talking about United fans, I'd rather he did interviews for them and I'm sure I'm not alone!

spose so. tbf Carlos Queiroz is a boring bastard. i never seem to remember what he's said just seconds afterwards. good coach though.

278d7e64a374de26f==