PDA

View Full Version : Lack of releases...

Si the Sigh
08-11-2007, 08:32 AM
...good sign or bad sign?

Good as in maybe the sounds due to come out soon are being reworked, getting acid techno back on track, or bad as in, is this the end?

What's going on???

Aratron
08-11-2007, 08:36 AM
...good sign or bad sign?

Good as in maybe the sounds due to come out soon are being reworked, getting acid techno back on track, or bad as in, is this the end?

What's going on???

not a good sign hardly, innit !?!

do i get banned?

Si the Sigh
08-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Nope, no ban. :)

It's not looking to good is it? Lets be honest...

Aratron
08-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Nope, no ban. :)

It's not looking to good is it? Lets be honest...

certainly tripped out the acid scene.

it'll be back.

i mean wot happened to RAW ffs?

xes
08-11-2007, 09:17 PM
I went shopping last month and came back with about 120 quids worth of tunes. (ok,about 50 of that was on old stuff) There's still stuff to buy. Those new Hardfloor tracks are mint. The Tripsykore stuff is just how acid should be. And then there's Mhonolink and that Vogelspeed tune. Acid hasn't gone away. It's in hiding. I reckon there'll be some belters before the year's up,especially if tripsykore get another tune out!! (got a big hardon for those tunes at the moment)

Si the Sigh
09-11-2007, 07:29 AM
I know acid hasn't gone away, I'm talking about our home grown UK talent. I want more Routemasters, better SUF's, more funkin' 303's!!!!1

xes
09-11-2007, 08:44 AM
don't we all!!

Aratron
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
heard Colonel Mustard rocks the custard the other day - one of the tracks is awesome. thats acid. dark as you like.

rhythmtech
10-11-2007, 12:16 AM
well dont worry cause damaged acid 02 will be with you very soon :cheese:

theledge
10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
but then things move on and times change, dont they...

People_Mover
14-11-2007, 12:30 AM
I've just got back in to the scene having been out of the circuit for about eight years or so. For me, there is a harder 303 sound now as opposed to the wailing 303s of pre-millenium acid techno. That's fine by me, I'm having a ball mixing up the different styles.

What does concern me however is the lack of quality record stores. There's only one of note in my area (Hands On), it's a good shop but the hours I work prevent me from visiting on a regular basis. As a result I tend to buy online. Given the choice, I'd rather visit a local store. That way, I'm supporting the business, meeting like-minded people and catching the latest vibe.

I may be old-fashioned in my love of vinyl but it's served me well for thirty years or so, and I hope there's a few years life left in the medium.

Si the Sigh
14-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Hello and welcome to Blackout! :)

People_Mover
14-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks, and hi to everyone. It's great to be in here!

A.P.
19-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Where's the acid man!

AcidTrash
24-11-2007, 12:30 AM
but then things move on and times change, dont they...

You would think so. However, the acid scene is a hermetically sealed bubble immune from the ravages of time.

the_psychologist
24-11-2007, 11:41 PM
I have been trying to learn Live and production in general for the past few months, but I'm not happy with how stuff sounds with software-only tracks. Still, I would suggest that anyone looking for new music give production a try. If we create music in our own mold, we can surely add some new blood to Acid. Maybe having the tracks sound home brewed is actually OK, as it's closer to the spirit of early Acid where people were producing raw music in their secret little studios.

My problem with vinyl is all down to price. Even if good releases come out, exchange rates mean that a single 12" is at least USD15 for me. That is just too pricey, and I must stick with digital now.

AcidTrash
25-11-2007, 06:30 AM
maybe having the tracks sound home brewed is actually OK, as it's closer to the spirit of early Acid where people were producing raw music in their secret little studios.

I quite agree. This hi fidelity things is all very well IF it provides the market with decent tunes but it doesn't. It provides humorless and pretentious tosh.

I was listening to a havok mix I did a while back and for all the technological advances in sound quality theory there's nothing on the horizon with the balls, spirit and humour of that stuff.

I'd gladly take a cut in sound quality for unforgettable tunes.

speed-it-up
27-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Have thought this of London Acid for years now. Think Smitten 51 (Clean & Green) was the last release I actually rated.

Acid is now a niche market. To be honest, I have got a lot of my best tunes in the bins of 2nd hand places. Seek and Ye Shall Find.

dirrrti
27-11-2007, 08:02 PM
"To be honest, I have got a lot of my best tunes in the bins of 2nd hand places. Seek and Ye Shall Find."

I completely agree with this.

A lot of the best tunes that I have are from 1998-2002 period.

278d7e64a374de26f==