PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Pendulum Days - Acid Techno

dirty_bass
10-11-2007, 02:33 AM
I was on a bit of a nostalgia trip recently, and decided, for fun, to try and make the music I used to play live when I ran Pendulum Soundsystem during the good old days of Londons United Systems squat party network.

I threw the tune into a live pa recently for giggles, and rather surprisingly, people went nuts. Sooooo I`ve decided to make an entire acid techno live pa, which I`ll try out somewhere in the near future.

Anyway, here is the tune that I made, I thought it might entertain some of you acid heads.

http://iterativemusic.com/db/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Pendulum%20days%20(Master).mp3

fatcollective
10-11-2007, 12:19 PM
thats luuurrvely man, really like it alot, the whole sound is so feckin warm!

more like this you evil man!! :;

fatcollective
10-11-2007, 12:23 PM
hey i just thought, i still have a couple of your CDs from years ago, you gave me them at Joes place in rhyl...i think one cd was called 'hardfunk' and the other 'high city grooves' the music was totally shit but the artwork was good hahaha!! only jokin man, might dig them out and post em on here hehe!! :briggin:

dirty_bass
10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Christ, blasts from the past there.
Ouch.

cheers anyway you cheeky bugger.

fatcollective
10-11-2007, 01:03 PM
:;

fils_here
10-11-2007, 03:19 PM
thanks mate, liking this track!!

xes
10-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Nice little track. Taa for posting it :cool:

Hope you post the set too :)

rhythmtech
10-11-2007, 06:35 PM
really liked everything about the track except the "trancey" synth thing in it.. the acid is lovely and bubbly and overall production is smooth.. just that synth gets on my nerves a touch.

great job otherwise.

dirty_bass
10-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, it`s just pure cheese innit.
I didn`t do it to be clever.
Bloody thing works on the floor though, which makes me feel slightly odd.

dan the acid man
11-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Well, it`s just pure cheese innit.
I didn`t do it to be clever.
Bloody thing works on the floor though, which makes me feel slightly odd.

people just love a good acid line, i don't know why, they just do, me included, and i've still no idea why

dirty_bass
11-11-2007, 02:16 PM
WEll I didn`t really think anyone would still be into this early acid techno trance kinda thing when I played it.
Everything else has made a come back, maybe it`s time for london acid to come back too?

fatcollective
11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
WEll I didn`t really think anyone would still be into this early acid techno trance kinda thing when I played it.
Everything else has made a come back, maybe it`s time for london acid to come back too?

yeeeeeeeey!!!!

xes
11-11-2007, 04:45 PM

Dirty Bass for Prime Minister!! :cheese:

It is reckon coming back anyway,there's been a couple of "old school london acid" things over the last year or 2. And there's another on the 29th of december (303 abuse) I've never got bored of it,I've always loved a 303 line. Just hope they become more frequent,and I hope even more that it urges producers to make more squelchy squelchy sexy acid.

dirty_bass
11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Well I think the problem is that the old sound was always the best.
Minimal content, big kicks, simple structure, MELODY, and HOOKS.
The new stuff is just badly compressed loopy cheese, verging on being hard house.

There seems to be a resurgence of hook and riff based simplified techno in the mainstream scene, so why not in acid as well.

I`ll certainly start making it a playing it.

Aratron
11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
my tuppeneth -

excellent - get it out on vinyl

Si the Sigh
12-11-2007, 07:52 AM
The new stuff is just badly compressed loopy cheese, verging on being hard house.

There seems to be a resurgence of hook and riff based simplified techno in the mainstream scene, so why not in acid as well.

My thoughts exactly. 100% spot on IMO.

cherryloop
12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh yes...nice work mate, very nice work indeed!

dirty_bass
12-11-2007, 05:35 PM
my tuppeneth -

excellent - get it out on vinyl

Haha, well I doubt any of the acid stuff I`m doing will make it to vinyl, unless someone wants it, but it won`t make any of my labels.

Anyway, once the PA is finished I`ll see if anyone wants me to play it out at a club, if not, I`ll no doubt bang it out at a free party and get the recording up on here.

I am currently commiting sacrilege and remixing one of my fave ever acid tech tunes, so I`ll post that up here when it`s done

SICKNOTE
14-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I was on a bit of a nostalgia trip recently, and decided, for fun, to try and make the music I used to play live when I ran Pendulum Soundsystem during the good old days of Londons United Systems squat party network.

I threw the tune into a live pa recently for giggles, and rather surprisingly, people went nuts. Sooooo I`ve decided to make an entire acid techno live pa, which I`ll try out somewhere in the near future.

Anyway, here is the tune that I made, I thought it might entertain some of you acid heads.

http://iterativemusic.com/db/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Pendulum%20days%20(Master).mp3

absolute legend....takes me back to when insanity were still going as well (wipes a tear from eye)

i think you should put the acid p.a up too.....for our expert opinions of course.

Little_Fella!
15-11-2007, 11:36 PM

Yeah, why not acid??? I look back and think,'Bloody hell, some of the best experiences in my life, on the dance floor as well as in front of mi decks at home, were when listening to Acid Techno...

The producers at the time pioneered the sound and as you say, did it soooo well...

Fusing with Hard House did the scene no favours, imo, although this wasn't the only factor which contributed to the scene losing it's identity and sense of purpose...:mrmyagi:

dinendal
16-11-2007, 02:37 PM
loving this. Please more of this...

pat_mcgerkin
17-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Nice one, look forward to hearing the whole PA.

the_psychologist
24-11-2007, 11:14 PM
this is kinda like Mux stuff. that euphoric raw acid sound.

mister badtouch
04-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Really nice, man....

magneze
04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I like that a lot!

dirty_bass
05-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I`ll have an acid techno pa online soon.
Anyone in london can see me playing live acid techno on the 28th at Underground Unity

xes
05-12-2007, 11:48 AM
aarrgghh,the 28th is next door to the 29th,which is 303 abuse. :(

magneze
05-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I`ll have an acid techno pa online soon.
Anyone in london can see me playing live acid techno on the 28th at Underground UnityWhere's that? Korsan bar by any chance?

278d7e64a374de26f==