PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - The Teardrops never land - Techno Bootleg

dirty_bass
14-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Bit of a naughty bootlegg I`ve been working on for the live PA.
Thought I`d record a version for prosperity.

http://iterativemusic.com/db/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20The%20teardrops%20never%20land%20(master).mp3

rhythmtech
14-11-2007, 07:32 AM
ok then..

two conflicting answers here.

1. i hate it. i love the original and this is wrongness.

2. i'd be the first person to bootleg and not care. its produced very well, is quite subtle in what you've done (has certainly not got the crassness of some bootlegs) and actually works very well on a dancefloor level (the break is a definite hands in the air moment)

theres a bit that comes in @ 4:39 thats sexy... could easily be a track in its own right.

anyway to sum up - it makes me feel uneasy to like it but i kinda do which, as we all know is only a personal opinion on the musical aspect.

production wise, i've listened twice and i cant find fault.

Si the Sigh
14-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I like it. Productions amazing as per usual. Top drawer! :)

dirty_bass
14-11-2007, 12:09 PM
ok then..

two conflicting answers here.

1. i hate it. i love the original and this is wrongness.

2. i'd be the first person to bootleg and not care. its produced very well, is quite subtle in what you've done (has certainly not got the crassness of some bootlegs) and actually works very well on a dancefloor level (the break is a definite hands in the air moment)

theres a bit that comes in @ 4:39 thats sexy... could easily be a track in its own right.

anyway to sum up - it makes me feel uneasy to like it but i kinda do which, as we all know is only a personal opinion on the musical aspect.

production wise, i've listened twice and i cant find fault.

Well you`re right. I love this song incredibly much, which is why I bootlegged it, but only with a bit of guilt and a little contention.
Dub and techno have always gone together well, one runs half step to the other. And I just want to bring this beautiful tune to a techno crowd.
Luckily as part of my live pa only I don`t have to wear the guilt of releasing it and then running the gauntlet of derision.
So I`m with you there.
But that`s what I like about live PA, you can throw in totally unexpected stuff, risky stuff, and if it works it works, it`s special to the moment, but need not leave a legacy, as it stays just a part of my performance, plus the audience get to know they might be hearing something exclusive.
Most of my music is made now without the idea of it being released at the back of my mind, it`s all purely for performance, which is very liberating.

Just checked the production this morning found it a touch muddy, gonna bring out the techno rim shots and the little synth a bit more, then split it all up for ableton.

rhythmtech
14-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Well you`re right. I love this song incredibly much, which is why I bootlegged it, but only with a bit of guilt and a little contention.
Dub and techno have always gone together well, one runs half step to the other. And I just want to bring this beautiful tune to a techno crowd.
Luckily as part of my live pa only I don`t have to wear the guilt of releasing it and then running the gauntlet of derision.
So I`m with you there.
But that`s what I like about live PA, you can throw in totally unexpected stuff, risky stuff, and if it works it works, it`s special to the moment, but need not leave a legacy, as it stays just a part of my performance, plus the audience get to know they might be hearing something exclusive.
Most of my music is made now without the idea of it being released at the back of my mind, it`s all purely for performance, which is very liberating.

Just checked the production this morning found it a touch muddy, gonna bring out the techno rim shots and the little synth a bit more, then split it all up for ableton.

well then its doing exactly what it says on the tin.. i can see crowds going for it.

its like any bootleg really.. theres always that naughtiness - should i like it or hate it - feel to them..

fils_here
14-11-2007, 08:14 PM
ha! nice little track this, i can see this working on the dancefloor, thanks DB

DVNT
15-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Love this mate. Top work.

stjohn
16-11-2007, 05:01 AM
wow ... that is really nice. im totoally whacked here listening to it and it sounds so nice!!

brilliant

stjohn
16-11-2007, 05:02 AM
i think id like to do an werid minimal edit!!

BRADLEE
16-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Production is spot on like always Steve. Just find the bootleg (or maybe the original track) to be a bit boring. Maybe it's cause I never heard the song before this. Really like the other recent stuff though. But you're always great with the whole engineering aspect.

rhythmtech
16-11-2007, 07:02 AM
(or maybe the original track) to be a bit boring. Maybe .

PAGAN, SATANIST, TERRORIST, WITCH!!!!! BURN HIM

thats blasphemy brad :laughing:

the original is "massive attack - teardrop" and is one of the most disturbingly beautiful pieces of music ever.

dirty_bass
16-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Truly, it is one of the most beautiful pieces of modern electronica for me.
I saw massive attack live this year and they played this.
2 drummers, and a massive wall of noise. I was nearly in tears.

force
16-11-2007, 01:16 PM
I've been playing 'Mezzanine' loads in the car lately.

This is great! Would get you smiling happily on the floor for definate. Quality bootleg. Thank you geezer.

dirty_bass
16-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I`ll repost the finished version, it`s much clearer.

stjohn
16-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Brad you're missing out man!! ill track a few albums down and send you some stuf.... great spliff music

p_brane
16-11-2007, 03:07 PM
dont know what to make of this one.

as it goes, its pretty good this, i think it'll have the desired effect in a club.

the original is such an emotionally beautiful piece of music, does it do justice in a throbbing techno affair? mmmh not sure myself.

its defo a cool thing to throw into a PA for a novelty though and there are lots of people out there that would buzz of this for sure.:)

dirty_bass
16-11-2007, 03:39 PM
d
the original is such an emotionally beautiful piece of music, does it do justice in a throbbing techno affair?

I`ll let you know next week, I`ll be playing it this weekend, and if they lynch me, then fair enough.

p_brane
16-11-2007, 03:53 PM
im pretty sure they wont, be sure to post your PA up if it gets recorded.:;

BRADLEE
16-11-2007, 05:22 PM
PAGAN, SATANIST, TERRORIST, WITCH!!!!! BURN HIM

thats blasphemy brad :laughing:

:laughing: Look let's not make a big deal that I'm a witch...:laughing:

But Me listening to Massive Attack is a whole different story. That must sound bad that I've not heard their music before. But then again, maybe they were much bigger out that way then here?

@ Rory....That would be cool homie. Please help introduce me then. Speaking of Spliffs....I think it's about that time of day now...:cheese:

The Overfiend
16-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I love your signature Steve, what's your hebrew name?

stjohn
16-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I`ll let you know next week, I`ll be playing it this weekend, and if they lynch me, then fair enough.

if the cheers dont go up at 0.48 ill eat my hat

dirty_bass
16-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I love your signature Steve, what's your hebrew name?

Judas
or Lucifer
Whichever

Stella Boy
17-11-2007, 06:53 PM
the original is a modern classic and really thought this might take that away but i've listened to this a few times now and am really liking it :)

Siege
17-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Like this....though i usually think classics shoudnt be tampered with, this presses enough buttons for to forget that rule.

dirty_bass
17-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Remastered version now up.
Same link

Siege
18-11-2007, 02:55 AM
Listening to this again im liking it more n more.....that breakdown at 3.40 as some trouser wetting emotion to it....if the hairs on my neck dont stop standing up im gonna shave the f***ers off!

Little_Fella!
18-11-2007, 04:23 PM
This is a beautiful tune Gadge and should be used without question...:)

DVNT
19-11-2007, 09:09 AM
So how did it go?

DannyBlack
19-11-2007, 09:39 AM
its interesting this. i like it, it has the same kind of galloping beat as that dave clarke track on red 3.

p_brane
19-11-2007, 10:35 AM
how did it go down?

any lighters in the air mate:laughing:

you obviously didnt get linched then?

did it get recorded?:)

dirty_bass
19-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Was a bit of a quiet night like, which is a shame, as Paul Mac really hammered the place to bits, middle of the month before christmas though:(

Yeah, the tune went down really well, a few confused expressions, as people realised what they were dancing too.

I`ve got the set recorded, it will be up online soon..

Beware, this was a Dirty Bass and not a Voidloss set, and I did promise myself that I`d cheese it up for a bit of fun.
And I really did cheese it up.

p_brane
19-11-2007, 11:37 AM
"Why rely on talent when you can use hype instead.
Why aspire to greatness, when it is easier to justify mediocrity?
Why try something new when you can just repackage what has been done before.
This is 2007 after all"

you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?

look forward to hearing the set, hope paul mac was recorded also.

BloodStar
24-11-2007, 11:26 AM
interesting. I dont know original tune :), but this sounds pretty well executed in your own style.
I am loving the galloping beats and also reverbed claps together with those little lushy leaed sounds are making nice feeling of opened space and deepnes.
As for production, nothing to comment here, only thing I am missing here is maybe bit more energy in drums to compete the groove even more, but I see this was not goal in this track as it stands on the vocal, which unfortunatelly I dont know from original track :)

278d7e64a374de26f==