PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody here use the JBL lsr4326 p monitors? or m-audio Projectmix i/o ??

SlimboyPhatt
14-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I have recently upgraded my daw to a 2.4ghz quadcore with 2gig of ram.

I am now looking to upgrade my monitors (Behringer Turths)

I find the truths a bit boomy, and was wondering if anyones knows of any reasons not the get the room mode correcting JBL monitors?? (LSR4326P)

Also has anyone got the Projectmix I/O control surface/firewire audio interface??
Does it work well with cubase sx3??

Cheers Guys

SamL
14-11-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd avoid any room mode correction DSP speakers mate, they are so hard to get right - i mean you have to set up a mic in the perfect listening position, calibrate and adjust which is ok. if you produce strapped into a steel frame and NEVER turn your head. Id spend your money more wisely - Mackie HR624 Mk2 being the safest bet there is.

project mix should be sound mate!

SlimboyPhatt
14-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I'd avoid any room mode correction DSP speakers mate, they are so hard to get right - i mean you have to set up a mic in the perfect listening position, calibrate and adjust which is ok. if you produce strapped into a steel frame and NEVER turn your head. Id spend your money more wisely - Mackie HR624 Mk2 being the safest bet there is.

project mix should be sound mate!

Thanks for the advice, Would the JBL's not be anygood with the Room Mode Correction turned off??

What price should i expect to pay for the mackie mk2's ??

the 6 inch coned jbl's are £600

I should also point out that this is the largest i want, as im in a smaller room at the moment. I was actually considering the small yamaha HS50m's which are £100 each.

SamL
14-11-2007, 05:28 PM
£600 and 6 inch cones - perfect

messyfuture
14-11-2007, 06:41 PM
i was considering the mackies too
and a mate who used to have a pair of them told me to get a pair of krks which he has moved to
i got the rp8's a couple of weeks ago and i am very happy
http://www.krksys.com/products_rokit_rp8.php

dirty_bass
14-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I`m getting some of the larger room mode correction JBL`s soon.
The room mode is really good, you don`t have to be too accurate as the speakers have a accommodating sweet spot, and the software is really good.

Go for it mate, especially if you can`t afford, or just can`t treat your room correctly.

I`ve demo`d the larger JBL`s and they are fantastico.

SlimboyPhatt
19-11-2007, 10:59 AM
I`m getting some of the larger room mode correction JBL`s soon.
The room mode is really good, you don`t have to be too accurate as the speakers have a accommodating sweet spot, and the software is really good.

Go for it mate, especially if you can`t afford, or just can`t treat your room correctly.

I`ve demo`d the larger JBL`s and they are fantastico.

Thanks Dirty, im ordering them this week, was gonna be turnkey as they'll do a good price, but ill see if DV247 will match.

Canne wait to use em. Ill give you all feedback on them if you like

dirty_bass
19-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks Dirty, im ordering them this week, was gonna be turnkey as they'll do a good price, but ill see if DV247 will match.

Canne wait to use em. Ill give you all feedback on them if you like

Try dolphinmusic.co.uk
they have the best price and their service is great

SlimboyPhatt
20-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Managed to get JBL LSR4326PAK from DV down to 579 inc vat inc shipping!!

Should be with me in the next few days. Ill post feedback.

278d7e64a374de26f==