PDA

View Full Version : rhythm technologies - 73 and the mind unravels...

rhythmtech
14-11-2007, 12:34 PM
bit of mentalness from last night :censored:

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-73_and_the_mind_unravels.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-73_and_the_mind_unravels.mp3)

needs a few edits and a mix on fresh ears but its kinda finished.. i think

DannyBlack
14-11-2007, 12:53 PM
This track needs some bubble sounds, and tighten up them triaxial shintwargs. apart from that, this track gives me an erection. A mind erection.

rhythmtech
14-11-2007, 12:56 PM
:ruparanoid:

fils_here
14-11-2007, 08:16 PM
sounding good barry!!

acidguru
15-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Like that one..

dirty_bass
15-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I like, nice grimey boom and bass, the beeps work nicely too, although I think the clicky loop is maybe a bit too busy.
This is a nice techno version of dark drum and bass.

Production on this is exceedingly muddy though, normally you tend to be the other way, and a little too sharp, maybe you were monitoring fairly quietly?
It could be the mackies though, They really are hard monitors to work bass on.

Right from the bat the tops are too far back in the mix and a little dull.

The initial sub could maybe do with a low cut from about 35hz and also some more sidechaining to let the kicks cut in a little more.

the second bass comes in and totally swamps the mix. You`ve set yourself up for a real difficult ride with this one, and it`s a problem I encounter a lot too with big gnarly bass sounds.
The sound is really full in the high bass and low mids which is crashing against the kicks and the sub.

I`d either drop the sub altogether, or cut out a load of the lows on the second bassline.
Also maybe using the first sub to mirror the second bassline would keep things together too, as the bottom end seems to lose tightness rythmically as well.

rhythmtech
15-11-2007, 02:16 PM
cheers for the words.

well definitly be going back to this one on fresh ears..

the two basses are a bloody nightmare alright.. just gonna have to take my time with it.

BloodStar
23-11-2007, 05:22 PM
yo, pretty good track. loving the wobling bass which plays from begining. the second bass is killing it, imo.
those lead sounds after break work very well in ther, alltogether with vocal snips bringing the right funk. it gets pretty jackin as it goes.
production needs final touch as was said, but thats nothing you cannot fix easily... good work

278d7e64a374de26f==