PDA

View Full Version : I need a controller...

Jay Pace
14-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Allo

I'm going to live on the other side of the planet. I'm not going to be able to take all my kit with me, and so my dj setup is being packed away for good and I need to think of a way to do a laptop dj & live set.

Looking to buy a midi controller, which needs to work in a dj setup and also as a live tool and production tool.

I know nothing in this field. Anyone help?

ta' muchly

:mrmyagi:

maily
14-11-2007, 11:41 PM
i just got bitstream 3x and like a lot!
http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/bitstream_3x/index.php

SlavikSvensk
15-11-2007, 03:32 AM
Allo

I'm going to live on the other side of the planet. I'm not going to be able to take all my kit with me, and so my dj setup is being packed away for good and I need to think of a way to do a laptop dj & live set.

Looking to buy a midi controller, which needs to work in a dj setup and also as a live tool and production tool.

ta' muchly

are you moving to argentina?

p_brane
15-11-2007, 07:57 AM
how much you got to spend jay?

+1 on the bitstream, tis a wicked piece of kit.

you might want to check out the fader fox series as well. ( there very compact and are tailer made for laptop dj and ableton.

the new korg ZERO8 and ZERO4 look absolutely amazing also.[ although pretty expensive]

dirty_bass
15-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Allo

ta' muchly

Argentina?
Why so?

ampassasinbirmingham
15-11-2007, 10:26 AM
http://media.zzounds.com/media/feed/large/MDOXSESSIONPRO.jpg

m-audio dj controller.

Jay Pace
15-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Off to Buenos Aires. A better life awaits...
Probably sometime round March/Aprill providing everything goes to plan.
Need a change of scenery, a new job and a bit of an adventure.

Zero 8 looks mint but I don't think I can afford it.

Bitstream looks ace and within my price range. Looks like a winner so far...

teknorich
15-11-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm looking around myself, and so far I'm thinking of the Numark Total Control:

http://www.getinthemix.co.uk/Total-Control-DJ-Software-Controller-By-Numark.htm

£180, small and compact, but not as tiny, fiddly and plastic as the Faderfox mixers. Jog wheels to let you really get your hands on the mix. Comes with setup files to configure it for Traktor 3, if that's any good to you.

Take a look at this link for a few suggestions, though some cost the earth:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=traktorready_us

=)

RDR
15-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Allo

ta' muchly

Good on ya jay!!! PS

the bitstream build quality is not all its cracked up to be, so i've heard.

Try the Zero SL.

Or a good old uc33e and a behringer BCR2000.. great combo, cheap too.

SlavikSvensk
15-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Off to Buenos Aires. A better life awaits...
Probably sometime round March/Aprill providing everything goes to plan.
Need a change of scenery, a new job and a bit of an adventure.

Zero 8 looks mint but I don't think I can afford it.

Bitstream looks ace and within my price range. Looks like a winner so far...

nice one, mate i've always wanted to go there. hope you like steak.

as for controllers, if you're getting rid of most of your gear make sure you not only get something that does everything you want, but from a company known to reliably supply drivers when need arises. :;

maily
15-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Good on ya jay!!! PS

the bitstream build quality is not all its cracked up to be, so i've heard.

Try the Zero SL.

Or a good old uc33e and a behringer BCR2000.. great combo, cheap too.

as fo the build quality of the bitstream, all i can say is: tank like!
and the zero sl may be good kit but automap is utter trash.

ampassasinbirmingham
16-11-2007, 12:12 PM
the bitstream looks beautiful. Is the build quality good? looks it

geigercounter120
16-11-2007, 01:24 PM
the behringer bcr2000 & bcf2000 models are decent and good bang4buck. i use the bcr for production and have had no problems (needs separate power source though!)

maily
16-11-2007, 11:08 PM
the bitstream looks beautiful. Is the build quality good? looks it

seems fine, not had mine long but no probs so far and it's certainly built heavy, full steel case. and i not seen many complaints on the forum about build. actually the forum is very good too been getting accurate feedback in no more than a day!!

danielmarshall
17-11-2007, 05:20 AM
as fo the build quality of the bitstream, all i can say is: tank like!
and the zero sl may be good kit but automap is utter trash.

Yeah the default mapping on Automapped plugins is usually pretty unusable. I just clear them and get the SL to learn all the parameters when I get a new plugin. Just make sure you save the mappings in a separate folder so you don't have to redo everything when you reinstall your OS.

ampassasinbirmingham
19-11-2007, 10:12 AM
seems fine, not had mine long but no probs so far and it's certainly built heavy, full steel case. and i not seen many complaints on the forum about build. actually the forum is very good too been getting accurate feedback in no more than a day!!

definanteley. for things liek midi controllers etc, you can be sure at least one person ne heere has at least tested them.

eyeswithoutaface
19-11-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah forgot ive got a Behringer BCF2000 too, excellent controller, lovely sliders, nice pots with handy led lights around them nice and easy to see in the club environment, happy days. Was selling it a while back but keeping it now moving to a new studio in 3 weeks too with more space happy days

BloodStar
19-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I am pretty happy with my Bitstream, no problems yet. Solid constructions and some smart things on it, like XYjoystick+ the ribbon controller, LFo, and onboard ARP.

Novation SL should be good aswel. I am planning it as my next controller.

Jay Pace
19-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Bloodstar - why would you get an SL?

Is it a step up from the bitstream? What does it do that the bitstream doesn't?
Would you be replacing it or adding to your setup?

Just curious mate, wondering what the best thing to buy is....

278d7e64a374de26f==