Ben Sims
Chris Finke

Room 2
Chicken Lips
A Guy Called Gerald
Mark Broom & Paul Mac
Aidy West
Tony Anderson

Turnmills goes Techno on Saturday 7th February 2004 with the launch of Split – one of our most exciting nights yet. Split is the partnership between Retro_Vert and Flux, and having showcased their own parties in London for a while, they’re now taking the night to the next level with this exclusive new Turnmills residency.
The legendary Derrick May will play his first solo London gig in 18 months to launch this very special event. Together with contemporaries like Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, Carl Craig and Jeff Mills, May galvanized a worldwide generation of minds that listened and learned the secret of Techno. His Transmat label has been a genre leader for many years, he's just signed a deal to host the DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival) for the next 5 years and he joins hosts Ben Sims (Retro_Vert) and Chris Finke (Flux).

Surgeon (at the moment preparing new 'British Murder Boys' and 'Surgeon" material), and Oliver Ho (playing live) complete the main room billing having rocked Split events in recent times, whilst the backroom welcomes top headliners Chicken Lips and A Guy Called Gerald alongside Split residents Mark Broom, Paul Mac, Aidy West and Tony Anderson.

The SPLIT parties also boast a tight VJ line up on rotation, with headliner residents such as Exceeda, Usagi (Organix), D-Fuse, SanFrandisco, Kameiflage (Dubstrakt), Marija, Ryu, and new comer Circuit_c, as well as slides created by Samuel, giving the parties a true audiovisual vibe. In addition to live projections, Exceeda's [4x4] film screening night will host the cinema room and will provide seated entertainment of this year's best [4x4] short films, animations, music videos and experimental pieces.

Expect Techno, House, acid house and electro featuring some the world’s biggest DJs and the UK’s freshest spinners throughout 2004 at this brand new Saturday night event.

jock
04-12-2003, 01:10 PM
as i said before, looks ****ing amazing!!!

£5 return (or there about) on the coach from liverpool london is, i think i may well be making more trips down. The last two trips to another club were pretty shit, i cant see this being somehow!!!

Koenig
16-01-2004, 04:27 PM
the only problem is that it is at Turnmills, .....:(

slimboy
16-01-2004, 04:49 PM
What's the deal with Turnmills?

I've never been but hear generally only bad things about the place.

split
17-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Before this kicks off into a venue bash, the reason we have chosen Turnmills for our 2004 residency is the it is a well known and highly professionally run venue with a superb sound system and light show. Its located in central London and is easy to get to for everybody.

What we are trying to do with these parties is to bring in more people to the scene and turn them onto good music and Turnmills is perfect for this. OK, they have more commercial nights in the venue, but please remember at the same time just about every available venue in London tends to be out of the way with poor facilities and generally carries a bad repuation with it for one reason or another, (ie thuggish and over zealous door staff, sub standard sound system and amenities etc etc). Wherever you go there will always be people who like the venue and those who dont which is like anything.

"The next level" we refer to is partly about just making sure that the paying customers that come thru the door are given value for money all round and Turnmills is perfect for this. They are giving us an amazing amount of support and hopefully the hard work we are putting into the nights will pay off all round and they will kick off!! Its taken a long time for us to put this together and everything from the venue and lineup to the promotion has been carefully thought about.

So please dont knock it untill you have tried it ;)

Thanks, and comments welcome!

Chris F - SPLIT

eyes without a face
17-01-2004, 01:41 PM
often the venue bashing comes from people who havent even been to the venue itself, which is pointless really! ive never been to turnmills myself but its reputation does exceed itself and all the people i know who have played/ran nights there have only good things to say about it

this will be a monster night, no doubt about it! that lineup is the freshest and down right superb that ive seen in the uk for a long time. seriously impressive

hope it goes well Chris

Scott

basslinejunkie
17-01-2004, 03:34 PM
yep good luck,this is 1 excellent line-up so hopefully sum of the turnmills regulars will come along an like what they hear an b converted!!

Esox Lucius
17-01-2004, 03:52 PM
never been to turnmills but i have been told it's a good venue with a nice sound system...hopefully get down to split soon.

jock
19-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Anyone know if we can take Digital Cameras into Turnmills, or are they gonna take them off you at the door??

disco diva
19-01-2004, 02:14 PM
I saw this event & thought nice one, a techno event in London, but gutted I cant go as my fella is playing out that night!! :rambo: :rambo:

turnmills is a cool club & as for digi cameras email the event/promoter & se if you can obtain a camera pass hon!! ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
19-01-2004, 03:44 PM
im from birmingham and down here its seen as one of the best clubs?

the last split venue was the best club ive ever been to. if turnmills is on par or exceeds it then ill be on for a birdie, eagle, albatross buker opportunity:)

jock
19-01-2004, 10:23 PM
yeah you can take Cameras in, and that comes direct from split themselves!!!

cannae wait, all sorted now, just 3 weeks left!!

:clap:

slimboy
20-01-2004, 01:14 PM
I will certainly be there to experience it for myself

Techno-warlord
20-01-2004, 05:20 PM
I for one am looking forward to trying Turnmills for a change.

T
21-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Not been to turmills for a few years....wasn't that into it when I went but probably due to the night itself. Looking forward to this one though, will be a MUCH needed night out after a thorughly dull January..... If it's a good night, good music and a good crowd then that's what it's all about!

T
21-01-2004, 01:43 PM
and Surgeon kicked ass at the last split night.

ampassasinbirmingham
21-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Ne one up for a board meet up? if anyone knows the layout of turnmills, maybe a spoy on the dance floor where people could linger around at a certain time or something?

slimboy
21-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Ne one up for a board meet up? if anyone knows the layout of turnmills, maybe a spoy on the dance floor where people could linger around at a certain time or something?

Not 100% yet as to whether I can attend but if so I'm always up for some dancefloor 'lingering'! :)

jock
21-01-2004, 09:41 PM
we would be up for meeting anyone, no idea where anything is though, but we are getting to london at 8pm @ Victoria so can meet you before if anyone wants

T
22-01-2004, 08:50 AM
All i remember is turnmills is on about 3 floors, main room being the bottom floor....that was a while back though!, I can remember it in my head but not too hot at explaining it! sorry.

T
22-01-2004, 08:53 AM
and it's in Faringdon, so just jump on a tube to Faringdon!

Sam_Horam
24-01-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm down from Leeds for this...

It's gonna be wicked...

See some of you guys there?

278d7e64a374de26f==