PDA

View Full Version : [dirty house] Rhythm Technologies - Push it

rhythmtech
16-11-2007, 11:53 AM
just some slower dirty stuff im workin on.. not used to this kinda stuff at all so any advice would be appreciated by you lot that do make it.

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-push_it.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-push_it.mp3)

force
16-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Really like this a lot.

I wouldn't call it house tho, more like some deep, chunky, techno with a mechanical edge.......or something like that !

Right up my street, this is

BRADLEE
16-11-2007, 05:30 PM
REally lovely this tune Baz!!! This is some seriously nice housey sounding techno...Or whatever the hell you want to call it. I just know that I really like it homie!!! Make some more shit like that...

rhythmtech
17-11-2007, 12:51 AM
just listenin back to it and i reckon the vocals could be raised a touch.. also some of the girl whoopin i samples i forgot to mute in certain parts of the track so i need to go over that. might add an extra element.. something small like a really low volume atmosphere pad or something?

BRADLEE
17-11-2007, 02:00 AM
just listenin back to it and i reckon the vocals could be raised a touch.. also some of the girl whoopin i samples i forgot to mute in certain parts of the track so i need to go over that. might add an extra element.. something small like a really low volume atmosphere pad or something?

Nice little pad would be a sweet little touch too homie...but I like it as is also. We are our own worst enemy my friend...

Siege
18-11-2007, 03:11 AM
This is cool Barry....really feelin that groove! that bassline as a sorta sleazy funk feel to it,very nice.Production sounds nice this end,percussion and percs especially.Not that keen on the vocal but just preference

good stuff!

dirty_bass
18-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Too weary from partying to comment properly, but I did want to say that this is the best production I`ve heard you post.
Really good.
I think the bottom end is a little cloudy, but other than that, this has been produced nicely.

rhythmtech
19-11-2007, 08:38 AM
what do you mean by cloudy and any suggestions on addressing it?

dirty_bass
19-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Well, it`s nothing major.
On listening again, I think it`s more an issue of balance.

The kick is nicely pushed pushed up into the high bass area, and has a lot of mid thwack.
This leaves nice room underneath for the bass, which I¬m sure you intended.
So I think you could maybe push the bass lower, or, make the emphasis on the bass sit at a lower frequency, and just get it a touch more full, as at the moment the emphasis (I guess I mean "sweat spot") on the bass sits just below the main "sweat spot" of the kick.
So it`s a minor tweak, but I think it might just give a little more of that warm roundness this kind of music has.

Also, just noticed on further listening, that the tops don`t quite balance against the kick, in intensity within the mix, which kinda makes the groove lose out a little.

I`d either bring up the hats a touch, or use a bit of excitation or EQ just to bring them out a little more so they are a touch louder and more sparkley.

Nice stuff though, laid back, and subtley druggy. I`d probably put it in the Tech-House camp rather than straight house, as the beat is more straight up.

DannyBlack
19-11-2007, 09:35 AM
get some kazzoo in there mate.

dirty_bass
19-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I meant sweet spot, not sweat spot, by the way
hehe

p_brane
19-11-2007, 11:40 AM
liking this quite alot mate, some great stuff going on there.

sounds great pumped up too.

dan the acid man
20-11-2007, 08:43 PM
This is the best thing i've heard you do, really good groove to this.

I agree with Dirty Bass in that the bottom end could do with a little more warmth.

audioinjection
21-11-2007, 06:23 PM
this is lovely, nice and funky, cool little dark pad...although i think that pad makes the track a bit too dark sounding, takes away from the fun of it IMO....still a nice track man!

BloodStar
23-11-2007, 05:03 PM
proper funky techhousey track. i like it. those lead riffs now and then sounds very nice.
as for production is sounds good. maybe you could move the bass bit lower as was said. other than that it sounds good. maybe bit more energy in to drums would be nice aswel, but the track stands more on those leads than drums, so it works fine as it is.... good work

acidguru
08-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Sounds really good..

278d7e64a374de26f==