PDA

View Full Version : new track from me

p_brane
16-11-2007, 07:31 PM
a new track i'm working on. i'm hoping to make it a two parter. first section nice and lush and the second somewhat more urgent and dark. any feedback on this first part would be great.

http://www.speedyshare.com/202134811.html

should be a hotlink that^

dirty_bass
16-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh yes!!
Your production gets better and better.

This is lovely, right from the go this is a step up from your last posting.
Very clear sound, nice separation.
I`d just say be more brave with your sounds, this is quite minimal so you can push everything a little more.
The bass can be just a touch louder.
The main washed out pad could be higher in the mix.
Hats are nice, could just sparkle a little more.
That subtle synth that comes in later could be larger and louder too.
Obviously it`s a bit short, so maybe a few more ideas to get a little more length would be great.

Overall you just need to think bigger. The kick dominates this mix, so get it all balanced out, and you have a really quite beautiful bit of electronic music.

It`s great to hear someone progressing step by step in this place, and one of the reasons why I still come back here.
It`s really cool to hear someone develop, and you are obviously moving your production towards a refined and professional ethic.

Well done!!

p_brane
16-11-2007, 08:10 PM
cheers steve,
very kind words mate:cheese:

glad youre liking it, it feels nice to step out of the dark side of things for a while sometimes.

its far from finished this one, only started it this afternoon, just wanted a bit of feedback on the production side of things.

it has a home, but ill post an update up for a few days when its done.

dirty_bass
16-11-2007, 08:13 PM
that`s not bad going, it has a home and it`s not even finished?????
very trusting label whoever it is

p_brane
16-11-2007, 08:18 PM
that`s not bad going, it has a home and it`s not even finished?????
very trusting label whoever it is

:laughing: its the last track in a few of the same ilk that have had a good nod from someone, but cheers:)

BRADLEE
16-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Downloading it now my friend.

BRADLEE
16-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Sounding nice and dark for sure...Like musik for my funeral. Would love to hear it when it's done homie...

Again...add me to msn

bradleemuzik@gmail.com

p_brane
17-11-2007, 05:38 AM
cheers brad,

msn thingy done

its not as dark as i hope to take it .

i imagine music for my funeral being uplifting and inspiring, dont know if thats what you mean though.
this is pretty lush sounding in comparison to what i'd like to take it to, but we'll have to see.

its been a long, fuelled chemically enhanced night.

i'm sure tomorrow will be a good creative day:;

p_brane
17-11-2007, 05:46 AM
It`s really cool to hear someone develop, and you are obviously moving your production towards a refined and professional ethic.

you know the number one thing i have learnt on here is that 90% of producing is down to the choice of sounds, i hardly had to eq anything in this track par bass. you have to select sounds that take up a particular place in the spectrum. this is pretty minimal as you say but every sound has its place, there is balance and separation in the mix.

i am slowly starting to learn the ways of the jedi master, and it makes me happy beyond words:)

dirty_bass
17-11-2007, 11:37 AM
you know the number one thing i have learnt on here is that 90% of producing is down to the choice of sounds, i hardly had to eq anything in this track par bass. you have to select sounds that take up a particular place in the spectrum. this is pretty minimal as you say but every sound has its place, there is balance and separation in the mix.

i am slowly starting to learn the ways of the jedi master, and it makes me happy beyond words:)

That`s totally it!!!
I said this in the production forum, 90% of good production IS choosing the correct sounds to fill the space you want them to fill.
Rather than just choosing whatever you want and then trying to hammer it into the mix, each time you add a new sound, think about what frequencies in the mix are full, and which are empty, and find sounds that will fit into that space without too much surgery.
It should be a very natural part of composition.

It seems you certainly are on the path of the Jedi master.
It`s a very long one, and I`m not sure it actually ends!!!

Siege
17-11-2007, 07:47 PM
This is cool...love the feel and vibe.Productions really nice too....Few pointers there that Steve mentioned, but overall very good work:)

Siege
18-11-2007, 03:07 AM
Totally agree with regards to choosing the right sounds and frequencies too...makes things a hell of a lot easier...with great sounding results.
but yeah...sweet trk.
is this one of the few u doing for limetree mate?

p_brane
18-11-2007, 12:36 PM
is this one of the few u doing for limetree mate?

nah, this ones for a new free netlabel starting up next year, the ones for limetree so close to being done, theres just a few problems with the mixdowns that need ironing out.

Little_Fella!
18-11-2007, 04:44 PM

Aye... the Force is strong with this one... heh heh :cheese:

Tis true that the learning process is truly satisfying once you start to grasp the concepts... and such a long road - - amazing...

Love the mood of this track... very strong and brooding... all has been said so safe to say look forward to the next draft...:cool:

BloodStar
24-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Nice track. I like the mood you have got in there, also kick is well punchy, which I always like:) Looking forward to next version as this track has a potential. good.

278d7e64a374de26f==