04-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Back of the net!!!

Got my copy today :clap:

dfndr
04-12-2003, 06:47 PM
ben doing mixes for mills ? :shock:

Dustin Zahn
04-12-2003, 06:49 PM
I was late to get in on this. anyone have mp3s?

dfndr
04-12-2003, 07:14 PM
any info on label or something???
someone doing a remix for mills is so strange to me !!!

Sam_Horam
04-12-2003, 07:17 PM
It's on Axis.

There was only a 100 copies for sale from the Axis shop.

There was some guy on e-bay who sold a copy for about £100 the other day.

But I won't be selling mine...it's very nice...

dfndr
04-12-2003, 07:24 PM
tum the tum tum...tum the tum tum...
get it ? :lol:

The Overfiend
04-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Sims and Mills...........
Hell and a hand basket.

Sunil
04-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Is this gonna get a full release or is it Mills trying to be an exclusive/limited edition prick as usual?

ampassasinbirmingham
05-12-2003, 01:06 AM
Is this gonna get a full release or is it Mills trying to be an exclusive/limited edition prick as usual?

i second dat. WHY?

jock
05-12-2003, 08:51 AM
who knows, i got my copy off the axis website, says it is only limited to 100 but i dunno why cus apparently he has given purpose maker to ben sims!!!

Its pretty class like, ben played it at ILT!!

yeswehavetheright
05-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Got an early tip off about this one ;) , my copy's waiting for me at my parents house. Can't wait! :lol:

Esox Lucius
05-12-2003, 02:55 PM
It's one of the best tracks i have heard this year.

Tony
05-12-2003, 03:03 PM

for real?? or sarcasm??

The Overfiend
05-12-2003, 04:37 PM
who knows, i got my copy off the axis website, says it is only limited to 100 but i dunno why cus apparently he has given purpose maker to ben sims!!!

Its pretty class like, ben played it at ILT!!

face first into a wall

Sam_Horam
05-12-2003, 06:59 PM

for real?? or sarcasm??

You must have quite a strange way of thinking....

When someone says something that you don't agree with you think they're being sarcastic...

Strange... :neutral:

ampassasinbirmingham
05-12-2003, 07:39 PM

for real?? or sarcasm??

its okay. nothing ground breaking!

The Overfiend
05-12-2003, 08:56 PM
How about a link to let the rest of us who dont care to pay 100 dollars for a record to have our own opinion onnit?

Esox Lucius
05-12-2003, 10:13 PM

for real?? or sarcasm??

its okay. nothing ground breaking!

get you billy ;)

Sam_Horam
06-12-2003, 12:35 AM
How about a link to let the rest of us who dont care to pay 100 dollars for a record to have our own opinion onnit?

well i paid $8 for it and i think it's pretty good...

i'll try and sort and sort out some space for some mp3s...

but i was just pointing out that TONY is a cynical ****** who thinks that someone who likes something that TONY doesn't like is being a sarcastic ****** (rather than just a person who likes something that TONY doesn't like... ;) )

The Overfiend
06-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Tony's a champ!

Sam_Horam
06-12-2003, 12:47 AM
ok....... but is he what i asked?

The Overfiend
06-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Sarcastic?
Who isn't?

Sam_Horam
06-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Sarcastic?
Who isn't?

Are you being sarcastic? ;)

dfndr
06-12-2003, 01:44 PM
yo guys this topic is about jeff and ben ... :!:

Sam_Horam
06-12-2003, 02:24 PM
yo guys this topic is about jeff and ben ... :!:

Yeah, you're right....

I'll stop with the other stuff..

Sam_Horam
06-12-2003, 03:06 PM
And to get us back on to the topic...

Here's an mp3 which has clips of the two tracks on Axis 34 which are Sims' remixes of Alarms:

http://sjhoram.users.btopenworld.com/Axis_34.mp3

Buttman
06-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Did Jeff give Sims Purposemaker?!?!??!

The Overfiend
06-12-2003, 05:13 PM
I don't think the mixes are impressive. I like them but I'm not blown away like I just heard the newest hotness. I think anyone of us could have done this. But Jeff gave Sims purpose maker is ................ :eh:

sherbert tone
07-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Sims remixing Mills, is this some kind of sick joke??
His productions are ****ing appalling, can't get my head
round why he's so rated.
Heard one, heard em all!
you would have thought he would have got someone decent
to do a remix.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-12-2003, 05:36 PM
take a listen at#

www.axisrecords.com

go to the shop!!!!

jock
07-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Sims remixing Mills, is this some kind of sick joke??
His productions are **** appalling, can't get my head
round why he's so rated.
Heard one, heard em all!
to do a remix.

you obviously know **** all about techno mate.

:nono:

dfndr
07-12-2003, 07:17 PM
sims has produced some"all old sounds " records...
but his work kicks ass ...
sometimes little more...sometimes little less...

woooaaa its my 100th post here... :cool: ...
time flyes when you are having fun...

Sam_Horam
08-12-2003, 12:35 AM
In response to the people who don't like Ben's work:

I think you have to view his music for what it is (in the same way that lots of 'techno' at the moment is) - I wouldn't think that much he's released so far would get played except for when it's being played by a dj.

As much as I like his music I would never listen to music which is just one loop whilst sat at home relaxing - but on the other hand his tracks just sound great when your mixing them because of the production.

And to be honest if you just listened to those clips I put up whilst sat at your computer you may not be impressed but I think we all know what I mean when I say that for a dj they are tracks that just 'work'.

I'm just trying to put across the point that as a dj it's often more important how a track sounds that what it does and this is never more apparent than in a club on a big system.

The Overfiend
08-12-2003, 01:25 AM
Ben Sims uses the hip hop producer approach to Techno.
I don't care to explain it's kind of common sense.

Dustin Zahn
08-12-2003, 07:29 AM
You can complain about or embrace Ben Sims all you want in this thread, but it won't change how the remixes sound or any of his work for that matter. The fact is Mills obviously thought Ben would be able to do it justice and they both seem to be quite happy with it.

I don't think its the greatest record to come out in recent times, but I think it sounds like a fun track that would be fun to throw around. People seem to make a big deal out of small things.

sherbert tone
08-12-2003, 11:59 AM
[quote=sherbert tone]Sims remixing Mills, is this some kind of sick joke??
His productions are **** appalling, can't get my head
round why he's so rated.
Heard one, heard em all!
to do a remix.

you obviously know **** all about techno mate.

Maybe i do, maybe i don't.

But to me all his records are disposable dj fodder.
Here today gone tomorrow.

Esox Lucius
08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
I am a huge sims fan, both dj & production wise, I think he is an excellent producer....if you dont like his productions then fair enough, but there are some who do and respect him.

and sherbert tone "here today, gone tomorrow"

I dont think so mate, sims has been around for a while and will continue to be around at the forefront of tribal techno....mills obviously knows talent when he sees it.

Tony
08-12-2003, 01:36 PM
[quote=SummerOfSam]
but i was just pointing out that TONY is a cynical ****** who thinks that someone who likes something that TONY doesn't like is being a sarcastic ****** (rather than just a person who likes something that TONY doesn't like... ;) )

where the fudge did that come from?!?!?!?
it was a credible question as we have no sense of internation on the written word. he could be being sarcastic for all i know, thats why i asked, and that is all.
i may be cynical in my own mind, but i couldnt give a flying fudge what anyone else listens to.
i will not be getting this record, does that help?!

miromiric.
08-12-2003, 01:54 PM
thats cause you cant get it *g*

yeswehavetheright
08-12-2003, 02:17 PM
Innercity records have a few copies for sale. Expect to pay top dollar for them though.

Tony
08-12-2003, 02:20 PM
ha! see miro, i could if i wanted to but i dont. :lol:

sherbert tone
08-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Apparently there are rumours that he's doing an album
for Peacefrog.
We'll see what sort of producer he is, when
he's in with the "Big Boys".
He may be the King of the bongo/tribal scene or whatever it's
called these days, but now he's stepping into a different league.

I'm sure Mr Sims is a very nice person i just don't
like his music, sorry.

Esox Lucius
08-12-2003, 04:33 PM
fair enough, I don't agree with you, but that is your opion which I respect.

Esox Lucius
08-12-2003, 04:33 PM
opinion I mean :lol:

yeswehavetheright
08-12-2003, 05:12 PM
We'll see what sort of producer he is, when
he's in with the "Big Boys".

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Tony
08-12-2003, 05:29 PM
hmm, whatever you think of his music i think you must agree that if we where all to read a list of djs most commonly booked (if thats anyway to judge who are the 'big boys') i'm sure you'd find his name up there. i personally would have thought he was one of the biggest techno names on the planet, not the biggest (as that would be a big arguement on this board) but certainly up there.

Sam_Horam
08-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Innercity records have a few copies for sale. Expect to pay top dollar for them though.

Just had a look Chris...

£65 quid :shock:

sherbert tone
08-12-2003, 06:10 PM
hmm, whatever you think of his music i think you must agree that if we where all to read a list of djs most commonly booked (if thats anyway to judge who are the 'big boys') i'm sure you'd find his name up there. i personally would have thought he was one of the biggest techno names on the planet, not the biggest (as that would be a big arguement on this board) but certainly up there.

Sorry, i don't mean as a dj, .the guy is f*****g massive.
I'm on about his productions and the quality of the artists
on Peacefrog, they are the "big boys" i am on about.

jock
09-12-2003, 10:41 AM
I got mine this morning, along with the condor remix!!

£130 quids worth of records and i almost lost the little slip that i needed to pick them up from the post office with!! :clap:

In regards to ben sims, production wise i do think he is top quality, its not the sort of stuff you are going to sit at home listening to on cd, but as a dj tool and percussion tracks it is top drawer, and his remixes are some of the best i have heard.

DJ wise i was never too sure about him, saw him at the Orbit and was good, missed him at GKGG and then wasn't too impressed at Amsterdam. But after constant badgering from my girlfriend we saw him at ILT and I have to say it was top quality, wiped the floor with the rest of the djs.

I now cant wait till february comes for the next SPLIT, gonna make it a regular trip to london me thinks!!

plincit
09-12-2003, 10:53 AM

Just had a look Chris...

as per ebay prices Sam. why should i sell them cheap only for someone to bang them straight on ebay and make a killing. saying that, our regulars have all been sorted with discounts.

someone's actually got them on gemm for £150 or something.

the claude young one's already going for £85+ on ebay, and these 2 new ones will soon hit £100 i reckon.

ben sims' is really good. especially the b2 mix but ken ishii's is much better in my opinion. i'll be playing it for years.

observer
09-12-2003, 12:08 PM
I think along with Mark Broom this is one of the cooler technoproducers around. Haven´t seen anything on Peacefrog for ages, who´s doing stuff for them?

sherbert tone
09-12-2003, 01:41 PM
In regards to ben sims, production wise i do think he is top quality, its not the sort of stuff you are going to sit at home listening to on cd, but as a dj tool and percussion tracks it is top drawer, and his remixes are some of the best i have heard.

That's exactly my point.Will Peacefrog want an album consisting
of dj/percussion type fodder? I doubt it.
Hopefully on his album he will show he is not so one dimensional.

I'm sure he's more than capable of doing something fairly decent, instead of regurgitating the same track over and over again
We'll see.

romelpotter
09-12-2003, 05:28 PM

Just had a look Chris...

I looked also , what a ****in pisser I don't mind paying extra for a record that was released years ago, and that it has some history to it, but to charge 69 quid for a record that you could get from the axis shop for £8 is quite frankly a joke. I haven't herd the track yet but refuse to pay £69 for it. :dontevengothere:
it will probabally get re released in a year or two anyway. Nice one Jeff !! :nono:

Sam_Horam
09-12-2003, 05:55 PM

Just had a look Chris...

as per ebay prices Sam. why should i sell them cheap only for someone to bang them straight on ebay and make a killing. saying that, our regulars have all been sorted with discounts.

someone's actually got them on gemm for £150 or something.

the claude young one's already going for £85+ on ebay, and these 2 new ones will soon hit £100 i reckon.

ben sims' is really good. especially the b2 mix but ken ishii's is much better in my opinion. i'll be playing it for years.

I agree totally Paul.

I meant more that I was surprised the record is worth £65 + already...

And cheers for the tip BTW ;)

Tony
09-12-2003, 06:37 PM
who are anyone thinking of as 'big boys' on peace frog?? i know some obvious names but i'd rank them alongside sims, but i am inclined to agree about 'he makes dj tools'. he's not really 'concept album' fodder is he?

Sunil
09-12-2003, 06:59 PM
who are anyone thinking of as 'big boys' on peace frog?? i know some obvious names but i'd rank them alongside sims, but i am inclined to agree about 'he makes dj tools'. he's not really 'concept album' fodder is he?

Peacefrog can be very middle of the road though, i don't think anyone would miss them if they finished, or would they? No-one is expecting a concept album from Sims but he could probably do a good deep techno album in the vein of Paul Mac's one on Primate. As for Sims being a 'big boy' I guess he is in many regards, he's not far off the likes of Adam Beyer or whoever.. he's a God in Spain.

sherbert tone
09-12-2003, 07:19 PM
[quote="Tony"]who are anyone thinking of as 'big boys' on peace frog??

DBX, Moodyman, Stasis, Theo Parrish, Robert Hood
Ian o Brian, Glen Underground the list goes on.
Maybe not Big Boys (bit of a stupid statement) but shit hot producers!

I admit the music may not be techno, techno, techno but pure quality
none the less.
Also admit PF has been pretty tame of late, probably why they asked him
to do an album ;)

Tony
09-12-2003, 07:37 PM
those are all dope people, but i do think of sims as 'techno superstar' for want of a better term. not of my choice, merely observation.

The Overfiend
09-12-2003, 10:22 PM
[quote=SummerOfSam]

it was a credible question as we have no sense of internation on the written word. he could be being sarcastic for all i know, thats why i asked, and that is all.
i may be cynical in my own mind, but i couldnt give a flying fudge what anyone else listens to.

i didnt write that!

Sam_Horam
09-12-2003, 11:23 PM
[quote=SummerOfSam]

i didnt write that!

Er, how the **** did that happen?

Sam_Horam
09-12-2003, 11:23 PM
:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==