PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Untitled

Siege
17-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Did this a bit back,just thought id stick it up for some abuse.
Sounds a bit hard dancey for me...not really into the stabs early on,though i like the latter half.
anywayz...let me know
cheers

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF22C23732635.mp3

p_brane
17-11-2007, 03:25 PM
this is a really funky number!

top stuff, i really like the way the stabs are really disjointed, although the first one that comes in is a touch loud and dry to my ears.

the pad score is ace man, tis just a shame theres not more of it.

i reckon you could push the sub a little as well

the arrangement is sweet, keeping you on your toes which is cool.

real good stuff:)

Siege
17-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback mate...yeah,the first stab is a bit loud i think...also needs more verb.
thanks.

BRADLEE
17-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Sounding ****ing dope homie!!! Cal I love it homie. Sure maybe a touch more sub..but the shit sounds like a rocker in my book. Serious tune here homie.

Siege
18-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks Brad...glad u liking it mate...just did it as a bit of fun really...no plans to send it out or anything.. been sat on the harddrive for a couple of months,so just thought id stick it up for the crack.
thanks for listening

dirty_bass
20-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Right mate, finally got round to listening to this, sorry about the delay.

Nice nice, I like the shakey, groovy broken up nature of the chords. Very cool.
Works well over all, uplifting, but in no way cheesy.

Production.....

Nice solid groove, good kick/bass separation, so no probs there. I agree with Brane that the bass could be a little louder, but that`s more an issue of taste, as you have separated the bass and kicks nicely, and the bass is a very pure sound, so it will drive the subs effectively. I reckon a half db or db louder might give more power to the low end though.

Overall mix is a little top heavy, I`d drag the highs down to level out with the kick a little more, purely a level drop, the EQ on the tops is ok.

Mid range is nicely separated too, really good job on this.
Again the stab levels are maybe just a touch too loud, and I think they could come down a bit just to settle into the groove with the kick a little more effectively.

Other than that your actual technique with your EQ`s is pretty solid here, I think it`s just an issue of balance with the levels to get things sitting more naturally.

well done!!

stjohn
20-11-2007, 10:41 PM
chunky is not the word!! popped out of the speakers straight away man.. nice1..

i see what steves saying with the hi's... but easily fixed that!!
with the sound that comes in at 1.30, i dunno why, but i can imagine that with which a huge tail reverb on it.. catherdral or something. it would give it a 'mean-techno' feel i think! just a thought!

again great synthstuffs going on man, really like them!

great work

Siege
21-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Nice one guys...very encouraging words!
Il go back and adjust a few levels,top end etc..to sort the balance.
thanks again Steve,Rory... appreciate u both having the time to comment.

278d7e64a374de26f==