PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Work in progress

Siege
17-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Working on this at the moment...its pretty bare as of yet as ive yet to add any mid in there yet.Needs some charecter to it.
Got the low end filled up and its needs a bit more percussion i think...looking for opinions on production with whats there really.
cheers.

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF22C51069717.mp3

force
17-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Really like this. Good hard minimal, lovely rhythms going on.

Reckon some evolving atmospheric sounds would carry it along nicely but, tbh i dont think it needs to much more.

Smart!

Siege
17-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks man,glad ur liking it.....might try fit some atmosphere in there or something and keep it fairly stripped down.
Hard,minimal is sorta what i was going for with this, so cheers ;)

Siege
18-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Anybody else?

p_brane
18-11-2007, 02:34 PM
what you've got down so far is really good mate.

some really good delayed sounds in there making it a touch hypnotic which is good.

as force said, i like it pretty much as it is, maybe just some evolving nagging synth or something of the like to compliment the other sounds.

production sounds nice also. maybe just a little dull in the highs to my ears.

Siege
18-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Had a listen today on fresh ears and have brightened up the tops a little, though i think it could do with a bit more fitting in there....a ride cymbal or something? gonna try some subtle atmosphere in there later.
Thank for the feedback

dirty_bass
20-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Righto, again sorry for the delay in getting round to this.

Well, what you have here is a basic groove mostly, but one that is pretty solid.
I`d like to hear this when developed.

I like the sub, I`d say again, you could bring it up a touch, as it is very very nice and rumbley.

Bit early to comment on production, but essentially it`s sounding well balanced and nicely separated, your production is coming on real good mate :)

I think you need to ad a focal element or hook to this really, as currently it`s very much (to me) the skeleton waiting flesh.

stjohn
20-11-2007, 10:37 PM
yea man sounding good... now do that synth thing you do ..
get some wonked out gritty thing or something!! will tie everything up nicely id say! ill leave u to it coz you always have great synth work going on..

good stuff

Siege
21-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks once again for the feedback....does help a lot hearing views and opinions on stuff posted up...after all thats what this forums for isnt it?
working on some sort of synthwork for it...il repost when nearer finished.
cheers

audioinjection
21-11-2007, 06:15 PM
pretty solid loops and rhythm going on this track, definitely needs some more to it......cant comment much on production but sounds pretty well balanced and punchy. i would like to hear where this track goes

BloodStar
23-11-2007, 05:08 PM
yeah. this is right up my street. kick is kicking properly, nice deep sub bass. kinda minimalistic in its own way.
adding some background ambience or some other element would be nice. something in mids to himids, maybe?
production sounds nice, i think. nice punch and presence... good good.

Tyrisia
24-11-2007, 03:44 PM
wicked beat Cal, now needs some of your trademark stabs and a really good melody line I reckon. My monitors are out of action, but sounds great on me computer speakers. That break that comes in starts to sound very interesting just as it finishes, oh you tease lol.

SWANNER
08-01-2008, 06:47 AM
soundin good homie
i agree maybe bring that sub out a bit more n add little top end percussion
nice groove goin on so id keep it fairly minimal as it is
nice work

278d7e64a374de26f==