PDA

View Full Version : Lars Klein site intro

killarava2day
05-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Taken from his web page...

What happened to the big family, as the Techno scene referred to itself years ago?
Collectivity doesn't exist anymore, even during hard times when it would be Â*especially valuable.
Has the greater part of the scene been sent in the wrong direction? Techno isn't main stream. Â*Does success inevitably lead to members of the community becoming divided by the heresy of superficial hangers on?

Answers the origins of his and Burkats LP cover. Intersting though...

MARKEG
05-12-2003, 10:58 AM
a bold statement. fair play to him for being brave and putting on his home page. i see what he's saying, there's a need to address it, but i also beg to differ slightly. there's plenty of great people out there in this techno game. sure, it's recently become smaller with the industry being the state it is, but the passion is still there and if anything it's getting stronger.

very interesting.

dirty_bass
05-12-2003, 02:52 PM
I see his point, and myself have actively pursued the creation of some kind of community within the techno scene. I have encountered nothing but friendly, outgoing, co-operative and helpful people. It would appear that the scene is fine and as mark says the current problems seemed only to have strengthened peoples passion.
Hurragh!

karlo
05-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Ola.

Its true, relay true!
I had that lucky to listen that album this year in octobar when lars klein visit party here @ my home place...so all that i listen in my car from airport to hotel i was uah..cry cry cry..i remember partys before 3 or 4 years ago...every second i remember..today?! everythings the same :roll:

Viva Lars Klein and Michael Burkat!

Paul Nisbet
05-12-2003, 11:13 PM
each to there own, and im sure something, or some experiences have made him stand up and be counted with regards to that opinion.

His stuff is class tho, really love this guys work!

Sam_Horam
06-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Sounds llike he's making a very personal statement against one person/label rather than anything else.

The Overfiend
06-12-2003, 12:59 AM
I would think it is about the scene as a whole.

Sam_Horam
06-12-2003, 09:42 AM
I would think it is about the scene as a whole.

Yeah your right...

I read that whilst I was hammered last night and what I said about him making a comment about 1 person was complete shite.

Adverse
06-12-2003, 03:51 PM
a bold statement. fair play to him for being brave and putting on his home page. i see what he's saying, there's a need to address it, but i also beg to differ slightly. there's plenty of great people out there in this techno game. sure, it's recently become smaller with the industry being the state it is, but the passion is still there and if anything it's getting stronger.

very interesting.

LOL

MARKEG
06-12-2003, 05:44 PM
what r you bloody laughing about :?: :!: :lol:

damn canadians :love:

Patrick DSP
07-12-2003, 07:51 PM
what r you bloody laughing about :?: :!: :lol:

damn canadians :love:

shush you! you hate us only because you can't visit us for another year or so. :P

TripleX
08-12-2003, 06:15 PM
i might go this summer :twisted:
toronto :love:

The Overfiend
08-12-2003, 08:22 PM
I saw the cover for the Album.
The newborn baby could be the music, the knife up to the stomach, could mean techno music from a producers point of view is ****ed even before it comes out. You could have wrote the track of the century, and all it takes is one jerkoff a lister to say it sucks, and the rest of the scene is like yeah **** that guy and his music.
at least thats my take on the statement and the cover art.

The Overfiend
08-12-2003, 08:46 PM
http://www.nuloop.com/real/Bound/bound007.jpg

Musashi
09-12-2003, 05:35 PM
:clap:
you got it

timo
09-12-2003, 10:02 PM
maybe it's like this:

---
when you are getting into a new scene, everything is cool - you get to know new music, new people, new social contacts, you change your way of life.

you life for the scene. years and years.

but at one point, your euphoria becomes lower and lower. no new stuff. no new people. no new music. no social contacts. you quit.

but the scene stayed the same.
---

Maybe it's the point of view which changes, but not the scene (well, not that heavily)?

karlo
10-12-2003, 05:04 PM
http://www.nuloop.com/real/Bound/bound007.jpg

I think thats this image talking more then 1000 words ;) its true! Whole text behind this picture is awsome!

Tony
10-12-2003, 05:36 PM
APPROXIMATE INDIRECT ABORTIONS ONLY $$99.95!!!!

one of the strongest images i've seen in a while, and you guys have read in to it well. does convey quite a strong message.
i'm agreeing with most of what people are saying. but then, i personally think the scene has changed a lot, not so much the music, just the people: a lot more new producers (inevitably) and a whole new market of youngsters getting into it (listen to me!! shit!!) when kids and djs from hard trance/dance started getting into techno that did make me edge away quite a bit. and now hard house kids are moving towards acid techno, the path becomes quite clear but you ownder whether the ethics of malevolent underground, independance and maybe a good dollop of purism, is being missed out by what has frequently been quoted as a 'harder faster' attitude.......or are these kids still on their techno honeymoon.

jake
15-12-2003, 12:47 AM
rave on

killarava2day
15-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Theres some real bangin tracks in the 'One Family Thing' Album too. And some different intro sort've stuff as well. Up there with one of the best LPs for this year.

miasma man
08-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Taken from his web page...

Techno isn't main stream. Â*Does success inevitably lead to members of the community becoming divided by the heresy of superficial hangers on?

Hmm, success, what exactly is success?

Is that making cash or having a following or just being happy with what you're doing - dunno poss lots of diff perceptions? Maybe thats why there are divisions cos diff people have diff personal perceptions of what they actually all believe in although it comes under one name? What guides these perceptions?

I think divisions (superficial or not) exist in most, if not all artforms, I spose there's always going to be divisions and critics whatever you're into and these aren't necessarily dictated solely by success.

imo there's always going to be people within certain communities (not just Techno) who are there for possibly the wrong reasons, maybe they feel certain aspects are cool (perception) but their actual basic philosophy is a bit messed up? What are their reasons for liking it, getting involved?

Good graphics, shocks you and makes you think a bit, sheep territory?! hmm...

eyes without a face
08-01-2004, 10:14 PM
am i the only one who finds that use of image a little sickening????!!!!

dont get me wrong, i get the message thats being put across here, but that to me is a disturbing image and used with an extreme lack of taste. i respect Lar's and his music, but not his choice of graphic design im afraid.

observer
08-01-2004, 10:20 PM
am i the only one who finds that use of image a little sickening????!!!!

dont get me wrong, i get the message thats being put across here, but that to me is a disturbing image and used with an extreme lack of taste. i respect Lar's and his music, but not his choice of graphic design im afraid.

Yeah, you would think they´d choose a nice picture of a happy camper or something to this concept

eyes without a face
08-01-2004, 10:48 PM
do i detect a hint of sarcasm there?

seriously, i do get the point here, and to some extent i agree with it, but its just i personally find the image of a knife edging down towards a pregnant woman's stomach a little disturbing to be used in this way thats all!

The Overfiend
08-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I think it's perfect.

Boboagogo
08-01-2004, 11:50 PM
whats the addy for lars kliens site?

jonnyspeed
09-01-2004, 12:17 AM
I see his point, and myself have actively pursued the creation of some kind of community within the techno scene. I have encountered nothing but friendly, outgoing, co-operative and helpful people. It would appear that the scene is fine and as mark says the current problems seemed only to have strengthened peoples passion.
Hurragh!

I think the londontechno parties are just top. One of the few places I have been on my own (Tottenham Hale/Seven Sister) and had the maddest time :clap:

The passion of the scene is still there - definately more friendly than most London clubs I go to - probably with the exception of Nuclear Free Zone at 414 :)

jonnyspeed
09-01-2004, 12:20 AM
Just downloading your tracks off vitaminic. phat :)

davethedrummer
10-01-2004, 02:51 AM
it's not a lack of family
it's just no one knows each other very well any more
funny really as communication gets better we grow further apart
maybe we need to revert to more purist forms of communication like talking?

davethedrummer
10-01-2004, 02:54 AM
oh yeah and sorry michael
i really do find this image horrble
not distasteful in a social way
i just can't bear to look at it myself
it's like
eeeeeeeuuuuurgh!
take it away!!!!!!

i got a funny thing about knives anyway
but held up to a pregnant womans stomach........

nonononono :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

sorry mate but that's the truth for me

eyes without a face
10-01-2004, 11:10 AM
im glad someone else has echoed my thoughts here!

278d7e64a374de26f==