PDA

View Full Version : Get your week 12 picks in early-Thanksgiving games on Thursday

snooch
20-11-2007, 12:59 PM
GREEN BAY @ Detroit
Jets @ DALLAS
INDY @ Atlanta
NEW ORLEANS @ Carolina
Oakland @ KANSAS CITY
Houston @ CLEVELAND (I'm torn on this and have already flip flopped, Houston is on a roll, but the Browns are a good team just without their star receiver)
Buffalo @ JACKSONVILLE
SEATTLE @ St. Louis
TENNESSEE @ Cincy
WASHINGTON @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS
San Fran @ ARIZONA
Baltimore @ SAN DIEGO
BRONCOS @ Chicago
Philly @ NEW ENGLAND
Miami @ PITTSBURGH

Esox Lucius
20-11-2007, 03:17 PM
my niece went to play school yesterday and done a picture of a turkey with a thangsgiving poem on it, didnt even know we celebrated it over here.

happy thanksgiving for thursday anyway lads.

nowt to do with this thread or owt.

SlavikSvensk
20-11-2007, 03:56 PM
cheers, mate. gonna eat myself silly in remembrance of a time when the colonists weren't killing off the indians.

SlavikSvensk
20-11-2007, 03:58 PM
GREEN BAY @ Detroit
Jets @ DALLAS
INDY @ Atlanta
NEW ORLEANS @ Carolina
Oakland @ KANSAS CITY
Houston @ CLEVELAND
Buffalo @ JACKSONVILLE
SEATTLE @ St. Louis
TENNESSEE @ Cincy
WASHINGTON @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ GIANTS
San Fran @ ARIZONA
Baltimore @ SAN DIEGO
broncos @ CHICAGO
Philly @ NEW ENGLAND
Miami @ PITTSBURGH

only one difference between you and me, snooch

snooch
20-11-2007, 09:01 PM
That was one of the flip flop games I had this week. Both teams have massive problems and are capable of being very good. A lack of consistency is both of their major faults.

p.s. I'm already cooking for Thursday. It's gonna be good. I'm smoking two turkeys, having a parsnip, sweet potato and butternut squash mash, a potato casserole that is a family tradition of my wife, bread pudding and an apple cranberry dressing. It's a lot to cook, but hey, that's what I do.

SlavikSvensk
21-11-2007, 04:59 AM
nice. we're doing roast turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, asparagus, sweet potatoes and two pies (chocolate and pecan)

Esox Lucius
21-11-2007, 07:54 AM
too dry for me turkey, a rack of lamb is what you want :cool:

SlavikSvensk
21-11-2007, 08:09 AM
i don't care for turkey either. steak man myself. or good beef wellington :)

snooch
21-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah but turkey is traditional. I'd much rather get a big ham and be done with it. Turkey cooked correctly is never too dry. Someone has been overcooking it for you, Esox. Another thing you can do is baste the whole thing in duck fat. You can get it at Marks and Spencer. A rack of lamb is a killer substitute. I'm not even going to get into the things I could do with a rack of lamb. I'll end up writing a BOA cookbook. Or do as SlavikSvensk says and sort a filet out with truffles and foie gras then wrap it all in pastry. Beef Wellington is one of those old school things that's obscenely indulgent but won't ever stop being served because of how ridiculously good it is. But anyways, this is supposed to be about sports, huh?

snooch
21-11-2007, 12:39 PM
nice. we're doing roast turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, asparagus, sweet potatoes and two pies (chocolate and pecan)
What I am cooking is far from all that we are eating. Other people in my family are bringing the rest. I have an aunt who is a pastry chef in training. She saw me in school and quit her stockbroking job and went back to school to do something where she doesn't want to kill the shitbags she works with every day.

snooch
21-11-2007, 12:48 PM
cheers, mate. gonna eat myself silly in remembrance of a time when the colonists weren't killing off the indians.
This is always a funny(not funny as in ha-ha) holiday for my family. I've got both Iroquois and Comanche relatives who show up every year. They get really morose when someone says in a prayer "Thank God for this land we have."
My aunt married an Inuit native american from the Northwest Territories in Canada and he refuses to acknowledge the holiday in the first place-rightly so. He understands that it has evolved away from a celebration of conquest and more into a family gathering, but it's the principle of the matter for him.

The Overfiend
26-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Happy Genocide Day

digitalboy
27-11-2007, 07:37 PM
not much scoring in the steelers v dolphins game. Weather was harsh and the pitch water-logged. Finished 0-3 pittsburgh.

Might see a better game wednesday.

snooch
27-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Thursday you mean. :xsmile: That's the Cowboys (#1 in the NFC conference) vs. The Packers (#2).

snooch
28-11-2007, 02:36 AM
9-5

278d7e64a374de26f==