PDA

View Full Version : The Grind- Unfinished & Unmastered

DannyBlack
21-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, started on this track a while back, tis really down tempo creepy track- its no way near complete but before i carry on id like some proffessional opinions, not really sure where to go from here (couple of ideas, but id love to see y'all think).

Its about 120bpm at the mo, though i will speed it up a touch when im done.

http://www.electric-circus.net/site/other/techno/the_grind.wav

any feed back is much appreciated!

:cheese:

dirty_bass
21-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Wow, best thing production wise I`ve heard from you.

totally unexpected, didn`t think you would do something like this at all.

Really like the track.

Anyway.
Production.......is pretty solid right now, balance is all good, I`d say some of the sounds are a little too dry in the mix, but yeah, nicely done really.

That reverb on the kick is out of time with the beat. Personally I`d increase the pre-delay on it to get it to slot into the groov more.

As to where to go with it? I`d bung in a nice dirty dark synth line. sOmething really ****ed up, and in a bizarre scale.

The track still needs and overal hook to make it more cohesive as it is a little empty at the moment.

Good stuff man

DannyBlack
21-11-2007, 03:43 PM
sweet!! thanks man, thats very much appreciated!! i was thinking of some incredible dark bass line- im really going to take my time on that. Thanx for the feedback, i will take it all on board!
:cheese:

stjohn
21-11-2007, 04:27 PM
downloading now!! u didnt sort out the mp3 thing then ?? :laughing:

try this program .. dBpoweramp

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

dirty_bass
21-11-2007, 04:28 PM
downloading now!! u didnt sort out the mp3 thing then ?? :laughing:

try this program .. dBpoweramp

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

thoroughly recommended that.
I use it too

DannyBlack
21-11-2007, 04:29 PM
:laughing: i did in the end, but i was in a rush to get it hosted by my mate, so i didnt have time to mp3 it haahahaha, typical me innit!

stjohn
21-11-2007, 04:43 PM
:laughing: i did in the end, but i was in a rush to get it hosted by my mate, so i didnt have time to mp3 it haahahaha, typical me innit!

typical!!!! especially when the time taken to upload the mp3 is much less :cheese:

90% done now..

stjohn
21-11-2007, 04:49 PM
shit man... i like this!!! a great basis for a track no doubt.. very spacious and crisp! as db said..some slightly dry bits in there... id get some reverb or chorus on the straight hi hats. witha bit more variation and that ur going to add bassline.. its a winner for me!!

what you using out of interest... and is this your 1st track?? got to hand it to u if it is!!

well done

Siege
21-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, like this mate....as said,productions pretty good..just a bit of verb needed here n there.Really into the vibe and mood....look forward to hearing again when u done more to it.
Nice work.

DannyBlack
21-11-2007, 05:23 PM
cheers lads, some sound advice in there!! it is my first track, so im really pouring my self into it. Im using cool edit and a demo of fruity loopsjust got my hands on the full version now so its all systems go (dyson, you are the man, thanx) and audacity. ive been cutting loops up and editing samples for ages, so i said bollox to it, here we go- make a track.

im glad you all like it so far, thats a major confidence booste!!!!

dirty_bass
21-11-2007, 05:51 PM
cheers lads, some sound advice in there!! it is my first track, so im really pouring my self into it. Im using cool edit and a demo of fruity loopsjust got my hands on the full version now so its all systems go (dyson, you are the man, thanx) and audacity. ive been cutting loops up and editing samples for ages, so i said bollox to it, here we go- make a track.

im glad you all like it so far, thats a major confidence booste!!!!

I was sure I`d heard something else from you.

Must have confused you for someone else.

anyway, very good indeed for a first track.

DannyBlack
21-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I was sure I`d heard something else from you.

Must have confused you for someone else.

anyway, very good indeed for a first track.

i think i posted an old piss take hip hop track i made up a while back, not sure though... it was a piss take of the streets lol

stjohn
21-11-2007, 09:00 PM
deadly man!! good to see you are really thinking about the track. thats what tends to make all the difference!

The Overfiend
22-11-2007, 04:27 AM
That boy got talent I love the old school almost perculatoresque jack this has in it.

DannyBlack
22-11-2007, 02:14 PM
thanx man! thanks to all, you've given me some sound advice which is what i needed. im going with a killer bass line on this one, also some female vocals- i have a very dear friend who has a wicked voice, so im gonna hand it over to her see what she can come up with.

BRADLEE
23-11-2007, 05:12 PM
sounds really nice so far Danny, can't wait to hear it finished. As for speeding it up, well I sort the heartbeat tempo it's at right now...

But it's your tune and I'm excited to hear it when it's done.

BloodStar
24-11-2007, 12:21 PM
interesting tune. it has nice kinda minimalistic groove and feeling to it. Also that sub bass sound is pretty fat. Production wise it sounds pretty nice, maybe some sounds get more wet as was said, but nothing you cant fix easily. Looking forward to next version.

rhythmtech
06-12-2007, 08:30 AM
just saw this now danny..

for a first effort its great.. to be honest i was expecting 500bpm schranz!!!!!

anyway its nice and dubby with some lovely stereo placements.. needs a hook but as a work in progress its a fine thing!!!

acidguru
08-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Good track..

Jay Pace
13-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Great stuff mate. Nicely balanced, great groove on the go, nice shuffle with a funky bit of menace to it. Sub bass is evil

Sounds are a little dry, think you'd benefit from a touch of verb to tie everything together. Easy fix though.

Composition wise it needs to do something, needs a hook or more structure or progression to the percussion to let it stand on its own. It all sounds great but it needs to go somewhere or do something.

Really like your style mate, will keep ears peeled for more. And for a first track this is exceptional - top drawer mate. Keep at it!

DannyBlack
17-12-2007, 10:29 AM
wow, thanks man! im still playing with this on and off. Im working on my bass line still and have my mate getting some sexy vocals together for it too, as the song title suggests- its about f*cking, so the hook in the track will be nice and sexy (when i finally get it down).
@ Barry, I do love my schranz but i really enjoy making this kind of stuff. creepy and funky!

thanks again lads, you're all really helping me here!

DannyBlack
17-01-2008, 04:48 PM
update on this. lost everything to do with it except this link, so im starting from scratch. bollox.

Siege
18-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Gutted!! that was a tune mate :(

djfilthmonger
30-03-2008, 12:03 AM
yeah danny i have all ur makings of this track that u left on my laptop

DannyBlack
03-04-2008, 01:21 PM
yeah danny i have all ur makings of this track that u left on my laptop

are you serious????????? i thought i transfered it to mem stick, i checked the stick and it was blank....

sound boi, i'll gte it off you... ****in nice one!!!

djfilthmonger
05-04-2008, 05:52 PM
are you serious????????? i thought i transfered it to mem stick, i checked the stick and it was blank....

sound boi, i'll gte it off you... ****in nice one!!!

autcally i might just put my name on it and make lots of money of it.
Bcause im a c~unt like that.....
seriously do pop over to me gaff and ill give to ya

DannyBlack
07-04-2008, 02:26 PM
:lol: doubt this would make me money man, but thanks for the vote of confidence! will call over for it, cheers.

278d7e64a374de26f==