PDA

View Full Version : McLaren Sacked

Numeric
22-11-2007, 09:19 AM
following England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008, the FA have sacked Steve McClaren at an emergency board meeting this morning...

McLaren's record as England manager...

Played 18
Won 9
Drawn 4
Lost 5

who would want the job now?

Esox Lucius
22-11-2007, 09:25 AM
dont know why anyone would, a bunch of over paid plums to work with and the cunt like media permanently on your case.

xes
22-11-2007, 09:39 AM
only reason he didn't resign is cos he wouldn't have got any severence money.

It's all about money these days. That's why we're shit.

force
22-11-2007, 09:43 AM
following England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008, the FA have sacked Steve McClaren at an emergency board meeting this morning...

McLaren's record as England manager...

Played 18
Won 9
Drawn 4
Lost 5

who would want the job now?

He should serve a jail sentence as well.......tufty hair'd cunt!:grr:

Numeric
22-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Mourinho would be the best choice but he wouldn't take it...

basslinejunkie
22-11-2007, 10:56 AM
couldnt give two flying shits to be honest. untill england give us a team worth supporting,im out.

RDR
22-11-2007, 11:08 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If i wasnt doing that i'd be crying.

force
22-11-2007, 12:29 PM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8021/89839871wh9.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8710/78044437ma8bu8.jpg

Numeric
22-11-2007, 01:30 PM
:laughing:

the players have to take their fair share of the blame, even though he probably should have started 4-4-2

teknorich
22-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I hate the way the manager gets blamed for everything, and gets sacked when the team don't perform.

It wasn't him in the goal, letting them in. It wasn't him running aimlessly round the pitch, not able to score, and letting the Croatians through every 5 minutes...

His tactics might have been crap, but if the players had performed better, then maybe we could have won. But no-one ever suggests the players should be sacked after such a bad performance, just the manager. If MacLaren should be sacked, then that goalie should be hung in my opinion!!!

teknorich
22-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Real Madrid coach up for the job?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7107060.stm

Numeric
22-11-2007, 02:00 PM
i feel for Carson but he really should have got his body behind that shot for the first goal, there were a few first choice players out last night...

the players that didn't perform though need to be dropped...

acidguru
22-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Media over here report that Jürgen Klinsmann is one of the candidates for the job,wouldn´t be the worst choice as he played for the Spurs in the 90´s and is familiar with the English football,but i doubt he´s gonna do it..

Will
22-11-2007, 07:29 PM
i feel for Carson but he really should have got his body behind that shot for the first goal, there were a few first choice players out last night...

the players that didn't perform though need to be dropped...

Yeah, but what happened to his hand to eye co-ordination? He barely got a touch on it, if he'd done better with that at least he'd have turned it round the post. But yeah, he shouldn't have been picked really, should have been James, David Healy has proven that form for club and country don't always tally and most other keepers have got away with a lot more for England.

How shit was Bridge as well? And why wasn't Wes Brown picked?

I think it's right to blame the manager though - he picks the players, he chooses the tactics, prepares the players for what they'll be up against and what they need to do to make his tactics work and supposedly motivates the players...

I think the team should be

Walcott Rooney
Cole Carrick Hargreaves SWP
A Hole Terry Ferdinand Richards
James

That when everyone's fit, and have the likes of Brown, Agbonlahor and Ashton on the bench...

I mean I thought Gerrard would do better being captain, and he wasn't that bad, but he didn't really impose himself the way you'd expect. Lampard should clearly be dropped - not a big game player, even if he did score the penalty, he was pretty anonymous otherwise.

I blame the Spurs players at the end of the day! They're clearly not good enough for England! The ones that have been playing at least, maybe Lennon and King are good enough.

The manager should have blooded more youngsters as well instead of picking the usual suspects all the time and not giving anyone else much of a chance. Then surprise, surprise, we get a few injuries and we look shit and certain players look out of their depth.

Will
22-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Capello could be good, he's arguably the best club manager in the world (best record at least), though he's not got the pedigree at international level. Either him or Otto Rehagel - if he can win Euro 2004 with Greece then he should do well with England.

I think we should play more like Man U, play more on the counter and use two defensive midfielders who can play a bit ie Carrick with his range of passing, and Hargreaves with his tenacity. That's what Croatia did to us after all and it's what a lot of non-British teams do, it's less risky, but the football can be attractive on the break at least.

Aratron
22-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Mourinho innit

Numeric
22-11-2007, 11:01 PM
totally agree with Will, that's somin i don't type very often :laughing:

Richierush
22-11-2007, 11:21 PM
id go with jose i just love his attitude towards the press an everyone,noone in the england team will be bigger than him :cheese:

SlavikSvensk
23-11-2007, 12:32 AM
mclaren SHOULD be blamed. he took the exact same players who have qualified for everything for years and turned them into a bunch of bumbling idiots.

you lot underrated sven.

Microdot
23-11-2007, 03:02 AM
mclaren SHOULD be blamed. he took the exact same players who have qualified for everything for years and turned them into a bunch of bumbling idiots.

you lot underrated sven.

word. what the british media did to that poor cunt was criminal.
best england manager since robson

djfase
23-11-2007, 07:29 AM
England are gonna change the three lions emblem on their shirt to that of three tampons, to mark their worst fuking period in history

Numeric
23-11-2007, 09:09 AM
:laughing: good one

Esox Lucius
23-11-2007, 09:46 AM
whats 9 inches long and dangles in front of a cunt?

McLaren's tie!

Esox Lucius
23-11-2007, 09:46 AM
***WARNING FOR ANYONE WITH SAT NAV***

Huge faults being reported all on all makes and models. apparently England cannot be found anywhere in Europe

Numeric
23-11-2007, 10:32 AM
oohhh :laughing:

class

LittleMinx
23-11-2007, 10:35 AM

check you out agreeing with a GOONER :laughing: :laughing:

I reckon Jose me, i think he could do some good for england.........

SlavikSvensk
23-11-2007, 02:36 PM
word. what the british media did to that poor cunt was criminal.
best england manager since robson

yup yup. maybe i'm wrong, but i think a lot of people weren't comfortable with a foreign manager. then that was made worse by the fact that he's a blank-faced swede who didn't know how to navigate the tabloid media. so loads of people got convinced "our players are great. what we need is an english manager." but in the end, he made those players gel into a solid team that consistently did pretty well, if not spectacularly.

Esox Lucius
23-11-2007, 03:07 PM
should have kept sven, only swede i dont like is ulrika jonsson the f.uckin slag.

Will
23-11-2007, 05:15 PM

No, but you always agree with me deep down, you're just loathe to admit it!

dan the acid man
23-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I was in Tesco the other day,buying OXO cubes. They had beef, chicken, lamb, vegetable and England. I asked what the England one was, and the assistant said it was new, on the market.

It was called "laughing stock"

Numeric
23-11-2007, 06:01 PM
:laughing: not the best but still worthy of a chuckle

278d7e64a374de26f==