PDA

View Full Version : Keano speaks on England

Numeric
22-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Roy Keane has slammed England's players following their failure to qualify for Euro 2008 :laughing: he reckons that the squad is made up of too many egos, and is adamant that the players should step-up and take some of the heavy criticism...

"They certainly have the heart and the passion, but that only gets you so far," he said.

"Technically you have got to be able to handle the ball. These top countries who are constantly qualifying and winning tournaments have that.

"Having said that and if you look at some of the England players, they're ******* good players.

"But certainly if you look at some of the England players and the England set-up, and to be from the outside looking in - just my opinion - there are too many egos in there, too many big heads.

"If you get carried away with any little bit of success, then you're in trouble.

"I look at the England set-up and they don't look a happy bunch, and their body language sometimes isn't great. As good as they are players; good players don't make good teams.

"Steve McClaren lost his job because he did not qualify, and that is fair enough. But the players have got to take responsibility for their own actions.

"I don't think international football is that important to a lot of the players these days. Club football has taken over."

There is ongoing debate as to whether England's failings relate to the lack of talent emerging at youth level.

Keane feels the correct measures are now in place, but admits the results of the system are unlikely to surface for 'many, many years'.

"To be fair to the English FA, from the one or two courses I have been on, I think they are working hard on that," he added.

"But you might not see the results of that for many, many years to come. We always talk about patience in football, but with the English national team - people don't have that patience."

DJsmallpaul
22-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Yea he accuses England players of being "Arrogant" erm...kettle...pot...black

Numeric
22-11-2007, 05:55 PM
don't confuse arrogance with confidence :;

Keano is a legend...

djfase
22-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Yea he accuses England players of being "Arrogant" erm...kettle...pot...black

He had a right to be arrogant.

One of the best midfielders of his generation

Will
22-11-2007, 07:37 PM
He makes some good points. Maybe England should do what Scotland did a few years ago and concentrate on blooding the younger players. Not that we have that many old players to clear out though...

Will
22-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Maybe we should try to tempt Scholes out of retirement too! I think Sven ruined his international career because he didn't know how to handle him - or many other big players. He should drop them when they're out of form so they can regroup and have to work hard to get back in, like at united.

Richierush
22-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Scoles wont come back,an it doesnt help that we gotta wait years for next tournament

Aratron
22-11-2007, 09:01 PM
He had a right to be arrogant.

One of the best midfielders of his generation

he is hardly one to berate footballers for being arrogant. that cunt finished Haaland's career over his big ego. he spat his dummy out for Ireland in the World Cup. He seems to matured a bit like now

Did you see Shearer after England lost? He could ghardly speak he was that angry, he was pulling weird facial exressions and everything.

Richierush
22-11-2007, 09:18 PM
shearer should get his kit back on for england

Aratron
22-11-2007, 09:25 PM
shearer should get his kit back on for england

should get his kit off

Richierush
22-11-2007, 09:39 PM
should get his kit off

yea i thought ud be the one to say that :laughing:

Aratron
22-11-2007, 09:45 PM
yea i thought ud be the one to say that :laughing:

:laughing:

Numeric
22-11-2007, 10:57 PM
he is hardly one to berate footballers for being arrogant. that cunt finished Haaland's career over his big ego. he spat his dummy out for Ireland in the World Cup. He seems to matured a bit like now

Did you see Shearer after England lost? He could ghardly speak he was that angry, he was pulling weird facial exressions and everything.

Haaland was a c**t anyway...

you could tell that the result had wounded Shearer, was quality :laughing:

Microdot
23-11-2007, 02:49 AM

not true. Haaland has said himself that the injury that ended his career wasnt caused by Keane. It was on his other leg for a start.

djfase
23-11-2007, 07:28 AM
not true. Haaland has said himself that the injury that ended his career wasnt caused by Keane. It was on his other leg for a start.

Yea true.

Just ppl who have a problem with keane think he caused his injury

278d7e64a374de26f==