PDA

View Full Version : Benitez for England?

Numeric
23-11-2007, 09:23 AM
having apparently been rebuffed in his request for substantial sums to be made available for the January transfer window, Benitez arrived 35 minutes late for his appearance at Liverpool's weekly press conference, when he finally showed, the media are sayin that he was still 'visibly shaken' from his earlier talks with George Gillett and Tom Hicks...

according to press, a 'frustrated' Benitez is 'ready to tell Gillett and Hicks to dig deep or consider whether they should start looking for a new manager.'

yesterday Benitez crassly used the vacancy at Soho Square to turn up the heat on his bosses by claiming he would be interested in becoming England manager!!

"Maybe I could be [McClaren's replacement] if I improve my English," he announced.

later, apparently, Benitez darkly told reporters: "I was being serious. You never know what can happen in the future."

basslinejunkie
23-11-2007, 10:06 AM
i smell dogshite.

Numeric
23-11-2007, 10:29 AM
clean ya shoe then innit :cheese:

LittleMinx
23-11-2007, 10:38 AM
That guy is annoying hope he dont go for it.....

Numeric
23-11-2007, 10:42 AM
would be funny to see how Rafa would apply his rotation policy to the England team though :laughing:

Numeric
23-11-2007, 12:30 PM
just seen the clip on sky sports news now, he did say 'maybe, you never know what can happen in the future' when asked if he was interested in the England job...

french_og
23-11-2007, 12:52 PM
I think i would cry if he was england manager....

Will
23-11-2007, 05:11 PM
How much money does he want at Liverpool though? He spent quite a bit in the summer...

Spacehopper
24-11-2007, 11:48 PM
england show good character no?

Numeric
26-11-2007, 09:43 AM
word is that Rafa could be sacked after a row with Liverpool's American owners over transfer plans escalated, Benitez complained at the weekend that Tom Hicks and George Gillet 'don't understand' the European transfer system, and that could spell the end for the Spaniard, apparently...

french_og
26-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Did anyone see his interview last week when he continuously said after every question that he was concentrating on Managing and training his team.

basslinejunkie
26-11-2007, 10:18 AM
didnt see it,but the situation is worrying. i hope he doesnt leave,hes a top class manager and in my opinion the man to lead us into the future.

french_og
26-11-2007, 10:55 AM
You will never win the league with him as manager... Bite the bullet, sack him off and bring in your old Friend Jose Mourinho!!!

basslinejunkie
26-11-2007, 11:06 AM
it shows how fickle the majority of fans are when in three years,with up untill now a mediocre team,hes won the euro cup,fa cup and another euro final.this is the first season hes even had a team capable of going anywhere near the title.......

makes me laugh.

dan the acid man
26-11-2007, 12:38 PM
he's a decent manager imo, i'm not a fan of the rotation system, but he's still managed to go unbeaten in the league without liverpool playing that well, so he's doing something right.

Microdot
26-11-2007, 01:22 PM
You will never win the league with him as manager... Bite the bullet, sack him off and bring in your old Friend Jose Mourinho!!!

unless something drastic happens at arsenal or Man Utd in the next few years, liverpool aint gonna win the league, no matter who's in charge.
liverpool will finish 4th this season, which would make sense as they are the 4th best team in the country.

Richierush
26-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Rafa for England no thanks :dontgothere:

Insomnia
26-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Did anyone see his interview last week when he continuously said after every question that he was concentrating on Managing and training his team.

Yeah i saw that, i lost how many times he said it, think he was a tad pissed of like..

Numeric
26-11-2007, 09:00 PM
so was that interview before or after the press conference when he said 'maybe, you never know what can happen in the future' after being asked if he was interested in the England job?

DJ RE:HAB
27-11-2007, 11:49 AM
unless something drastic happens at arsenal or Man Utd in the next few years, liverpool aint gonna win the league, no matter who's in charge.
liverpool will finish 4th this season, which would make sense as they are the 4th best team in the country.

Yer mate i think we should judge that at the end of the season, considering u just been beaten by bolton and we're three points off you in the league with a game in hand?

we've drawn with arsenal as you have also, and we have not been beaten yet unlike yourselves...

Numeric
27-11-2007, 01:33 PM
word is that despite personally phoning up the Liverpool Echo to announce that he loves all things Scouse and American, Benitez is still on the brink of being sacked as Liverpool manager, the club's two American owners are said to be 'incandescent' with rage over his 'insubordination' and are ready to swing the axe if 'pool crash out of the Champions League this week...

Insomnia
27-11-2007, 01:39 PM
so was that interview before or after the press conference when he said 'maybe, you never know what can happen in the future' after being asked if he was interested in the England job?

I'm sure it must have been after mate as it seemed quite clear he'd had a ticking off from someone above him at the club...

Will
27-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Yer mate i think we should judge that at the end of the season, considering u just been beaten by bolton and we're three points off you in the league with a game in hand?

we've drawn with arsenal as you have also, and we have not been beaten yet unlike yourselves...

Yeah, they don't like their derbies do they? Although United go to Anfield at the weekend, so that ought to sort out some bragging rights for the time being!

Numeric
27-11-2007, 03:06 PM
United don't face the kopites for a good few weeks yet...

Insomnia
27-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm looking forward to that fixture though...

A draw would suit me...

basslinejunkie
28-11-2007, 11:26 AM
we owe them one.murderd them at anfield last year then they mugged us.

Numeric
28-11-2007, 11:55 AM
murdered :lol:

you slapped us about a bit then we knocked you out with one punch :)

http://soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/OShea-Goal.jpg

good old Sheasy lad...

278d7e64a374de26f==