PDA

View Full Version : total n00bs Q and A

xes
23-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Help me for f*cks sake,I can't even make noises. :laughing:

It's all plugged in ok,xcos in Ableton,I can get to a bit where I press a key on the keyboard and it does something. So I know it's working. It's just my brain.

So,how to I make a squelchy noise in Ableton and Reason4. (will play with that tomorow,got to get a new product code :; )

Also,should this keyboard (CME UF50 ) be able to play on its own? Cos I can't get it to do that either. (I warn you,I'm pretty thick)

p_brane
23-11-2007, 10:41 PM
unless im mistaken the cme keyboard is onlt a midi controller so you would have to map it to whatever software your using.

as for the squelchy sounds....any examples?

not sure what an xcos is so cant help you there

xes
24-11-2007, 12:21 PM
an xcos is a typo :laughing: ment to just say cos.

Squelchy noises,303 sounds. (I'm sure I'll find them)

So,how do I map it to the software?

stjohn
24-11-2007, 04:21 PM
get yourself a copy of audiorealism bassline pro 2.... its very easy to use, as there are only a handful of knobs...but the sound is great... then when u get comfortable with that, move to bassline pro 1, which has a lot more features.

pm me if u need help witha 'demo' :)

detfella
24-11-2007, 04:23 PM
dont use ableton, but does it have a midi in light, to show there is activity, it will flash when you press/let go of a key. you need to load up some vsti synth and start hitting the keys. you might need to set up the channel on the vsti synth so that it is picking up your midi data, sumthin like that anyway :)

xes
24-11-2007, 04:38 PM
get yourself a copy of audiorealism bassline pro 2.... its very easy to use, as there are only a handful of knobs...but the sound is great... then when u get comfortable with that, move to bassline pro 1, which has a lot more features.

pm me if u need help witha 'demo' :)

I do believe that a copy of this has just fell out of the sky.

But I can't open it :hissyfit: Installed and extracted it all,but there doesn't seem to be anything to click on to start it up.

detfella
24-11-2007, 04:43 PM
you mean you cant open it from ableton? maybe you need to change the vst plugin pointing directory thingy

xes
24-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I didn't know I had to open it with ableton.I thought it was just a program on it's own. I am such a newb.

brb

FILTERZ
28-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I didn't know I had to open it with ableton.I thought it was just a program on it's own. I am such a newb.

brb

Your in london aint ya , if you want a quick run down on Ableton and what it can do , i`d be happy to give you a run through it one evening , im no power user but could probably get you up and running , obviously for free like, anyway let us know.

xes
01-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Your in london aint ya , if you want a quick run down on Ableton and what it can do , i`d be happy to give you a run through it one evening , im no power user but could probably get you up and running , obviously for free like, anyway let us know.

I'm not in london,but I'm not far away. May well take you up on that offer :)

danielmarshall
03-12-2007, 01:09 AM
RTFM... Or do the tutorials that come with Ableton. Search help files. Ableton's help and manuals are very good, and I don't mean to be nasty, but if you don't read you'll never learn.

xes
03-12-2007, 08:38 AM
RTFM... Or do the tutorials that come with Ableton. Search help files. Ableton's help and manuals are very good, and I don't mean to be nasty, but if you don't read you'll never learn.

I know,you're right :ohdear:

I did print it out,it's in a nice little folder too. But it's about 6 million thousand and 4 pages long. I've always been better at just fiddling with stuff like that. Pluss I'm a bloke,I've never read a set of instructions in my life :lol:

Although,I must add,it's more reason4 I'm interested in,it seems more user friendly. I just need a product code,the guy I was going to get it from seems to have f*cked off. I'm tempted to buy it,but i want to see if i can use it first.(this is most certainly not any sort of request for one) 280 quid's alot of cash to spend on something you can't use. I will end up buying one(if I can use it)cos you can get loads of plugins and updates.

force
03-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I know,you're right :ohdear:

I did print it out,it's in a nice little folder too. But it's about 6 million thousand and 4 pages long. I've always been better at just fiddling with stuff like that. Pluss I'm a bloke,I've never read a set of instructions in my life :lol:

Although,I must add,it's more reason4 I'm interested in,it seems more user friendly. I just need a product code,the guy I was going to get it from seems to have f*cked off. I'm tempted to buy it,but i want to see if i can use it first.(this is most certainly not any sort of request for one) 280 quid's alot of cash to spend on something you can't use. I will end up buying one(if I can use it)cos you can get loads of plugins and updates.

Reason is a closed system, so you cant get any extra plugins for it. What you get is what you get dude.

Btw, i didn't read the manual at all ableton, just jumped straight in.

Plenty of video tutorials online tho. Start searching youtube

danielmarshall
05-12-2007, 03:10 AM
I assume you had already had expereince with other sequencers though Force. Try to remember back to when you first started... It's DAUNTING. Ableton is probably one of the easier sequencers on the market though. Reason is limiting in a number of ways outside of just the plugin thing, and you'll seriously not regret learning Ableton right from the start. I use Cubase, but that's just a personal preference.

278d7e64a374de26f==