PDA

View Full Version : English Players

Spacehopper
24-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Should premiership teams have at least 6 english players in their starting 11?

Insomnia
25-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Well i'd say 6 was abit of a fantasy like..

Lets not forget the English Premiership is 'one' of the most attractive places to play football..

There is alot of mayhem up in the air at the minute as to regards the English national team...

I can see some kind of rule though coming in the near future as regards to this, if it's a good idea maybe it will be for the sake of the national team,,only time will tell...

Esox Lucius
25-11-2007, 06:37 AM
no, most of them are shit.

Richierush
25-11-2007, 09:38 AM
yea theres so many gud irish players knockin about too :lol:

i enjoyed Match of the Day yesterday all the england players got booed an so they ****'in shud :grr:

Esox Lucius
25-11-2007, 09:53 AM
what's that got to do with anything?

most of the best players in the prem are foreign with a few exceptions.

basslinejunkie
25-11-2007, 11:06 AM
nope.if they were good enough doesnt matter what nationality they are.just fishing for excuses which is the english way.

Esox Lucius
25-11-2007, 12:39 PM
nope.if they were good enough doesnt matter what nationality they are.just fishing for excuses which is the english way.

spot on

dan the acid man
25-11-2007, 12:46 PM
think we need to limit how many foreign players we train up in our academies, but as for limiting the number playing in teams, then i say no.

If a player is good enough, they will get picked, it's no good our players not having to compete with foreign players, they wont know the standards they have to achieve

Microdot
25-11-2007, 12:47 PM
no, most of them are shit.

word. our league would be proper doldrums to watch if every team had to have 6 english players...

Microdot
25-11-2007, 12:49 PM

true. england have been shite for over 35 years now. so I don't reckon it's got much to do with too many foreigners in the prem.

italy are world champions and they've got loads of foreigners in their league...

french_og
25-11-2007, 12:58 PM
6 is too many i think but there should be at least 3. A lot of players get better with experience and confidence and some players become better players in better sides but if the English players don't get the chances then they will never improve. The biggest problems is the cost and wage demands of the english players. I don't think Wenger for example buys foreign as they are always better but he could get a player with the same ability as a english player but for half the price and half the salary so it makes sense. Darren Bent cost Spurs more money than Henry cost Barca - says it all really.

djfase
25-11-2007, 12:59 PM
I reckon at least a third should be made up of homegrown players,

BUT, it is not gonna happen because of the EU law. You can work where you want

Aratron
25-11-2007, 03:13 PM
think we need to limit how many foreign players we train up in our academies, but as for limiting the number playing in teams, then i say no.

If a player is good enough, they will get picked, it's no good our players not having to compete with foreign players, they wont know the standards they have to achieve

we shouldnt be training foreign players in our academies. wot a bizarre concept.

Microdot
25-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I reckon at least a third should be made up of homegrown players,

BUT, it is not gonna happen because of the EU law. You can work where you want

this ruling is up for review with a possibility for football to become exempt from it. that's why fifa are trying to get things moving on this asap or they might miss their opportunity.
basically, it's a very real possibility.

french_og
25-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah they are saying because there is a transfer windows in football which basically stops players moving clubs outside the transfer window this is technically against the EU rules of employment so if they can have a transfer window then they can have a player cap.

278d7e64a374de26f==